• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Supply of Cigars/ My First Contest! - Contest Done

I am at about 450 or so. Needa work on getting the wine-o-dor up and running the way I want it so I can start getting some boxes in! :)

Don

127! I used this thread as motiviation to do inventory. I have never actually counted or taken inventory before. I was kind of fun. I actually found some sticks I totally forgot I even had!

No where near enough. Probably in the couple hundreds. This seems to be the norm for me lately. No matter how many I have I always want/need more. The number I would like would probably be somewhere around the lines of More than I could smoke in 5 lifetimes.

Most of what I have is super premiums which is why I don't have a huge number. I have been doing more gifting and smoking and not so much restocking lately.

Nice contest btw.

48 sticks...this is extremely low for me....usually keep around 150 sticks on hand. Rough season!

I currently have 312 in my stash, a bit lower than I like. but way more than my average for last year.

about 60/40 everyday/premium.

Nice idea for a contest ;)

About 50 in my work Humidor.
+-300 at my B&M's cigar lockers
6-10 boxes on my online humidor.
+-2K at home in coolers.

Way more than I thought: 87

That's about average, based on the fill level of my containers, but I'd like to keep improving the number. :)

+-2K at home in coolers.

Unlike Robbie here, I have a serious question. What exactly is an online humidor? Are you a dealer? Is there a B&M that holds on to your excess stock until you request, and tracks it for you online?

Yea, I keep about 15 boxes of aging Opus in my online humidor. I will release them in limited quantities for e-gold starting in August.

Sad thing is Im not making this up. I actually do have an online humidor. Figure they can age my sticks for me and I dont ever have to touch them until they are ready to come home. :thumbs:

+-2K at home in coolers.

Unlike Robbie here, I have a serious question. What exactly is an online humidor? Are you a dealer? Is there a B&M that holds on to your excess stock until you request, and tracks it for you online?

Yes. Some vendors will store your sticks for you until you are ready to accept them.

Without counting I'd say about 50 or 60. That's about normal for me. I rotate them a lot. I'll smoke about 5 or 10 and then go out and refill.

127! I used this thread as motiviation to do inventory. I have never actually counted or taken inventory before. I was kind of fun. I actually found some sticks I totally forgot I even had!

Yeah, me too! I like going through them about once a month or so and count/ rearrange, assess weaknesses in my cigar repertoire.

I've never heard of this either. I'm wondering what the advantage of an online humidor would be and how you could be certain the humidor-keeper really was keeping your stock separate. I'm not being critical of the concept, I just haven't been aware of it before.

Hmmmm. Well, I would say I am in the 1,100 range although that is just an estimate and I could be 100 off either way.

Is that a typical quantity? I'll answer that by saying that my overall cigar count has been rising slowly but consistently for years. I have no specific goal I am trying to reach or number I wish to maintain, I simply continue to find cigars that I want to smoke and so.....the collection grows :)

I've never heard of this either. I'm wondering what the advantage of an online humidor would be and how you could be certain the humidor-keeper really was keeping your stock separate. I'm not being critical of the concept, I just haven't been aware of it before.

I trust these ppl 1000%.

Start a new thread and find out. By they way, it's also known as a form of 'lay-away'! ;)

Yea, I keep about 15 boxes of aging Opus in my online humidor. I will release them in limited quantities for e-gold starting in August.

Sad thing is Im not making this up. I actually do have an online humidor. Figure they can age my sticks for me and I dont ever have to touch them until they are ready to come home. :thumbs:

+-2K at home in coolers.

Yes. Some vendors will store your sticks for you until you are ready to accept them.

:0 Holy crap... you really do learn something new everyday! Not to threadjack, but does anyone else have an "online humidor"? I thought things were bad enough with no more room in the coolidor. Being armed with this knowledge could surely spell cigar disaster for me!!

According to TheWife©, too many. According to me, not quite enough (I like to share). According to my inventory db, about 1537. The 15 lbs. of pipe tobacco takes up enough space that I can't really keep many more.

I'll have less here in a couple of weeks. I'm getting ready to reorganize and clean house a little.

I just rotated my sticks the other day. I have 43 oops I mean 42. Forgot about the one I smoked. I am herfing this weekend so I am hoping to buy a couple of more.