• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sweet new product: Xikar wireless hygrometer system

ammodors

As a Xikar dealer I just got info on their upcoming Xikar Wireless Hygrometer System. Looks pretty sweet - perfect for those with multiple humidors. Consist of a monitor unit and up to 3 wireless hygrometers/sensors that feed data to the monitor. They are even coming out with a wall clock that displays your humidor stats as well!!

I want one! Actually they would be perfect for the large custom humidors I build. 

837XI_PuroTemp-Wireless-Hygrometer-System.jpg

That would be useful for me. A delighter would be the ability to have an App to remotely monitor.

Great idea, and you can set up a webcam and view it from anywhere in the world...

Edited grammar.

CigSid said:
 I also placed a web cam pointing at the display so I can see it from anywhere in the world.

Holy crap Bill I thought that I was anal but you're worse!

edit to add: I like the idea though.

Light this! said:

I also placed a web cam pointing at the display so I can see it from anywhere in the world.

Holy crap Bill I thought that I was anal but you're worse!

I knew you were going to say that :laugh:

CigSid said:
i use one of these, with 3 remotes (for 3 humidors) What I like about this is the ability to adjust the humidity and temperature to match to my calibrated device. I also placed a web cam pointing at the display so I can see it from anywhere in the world.

Edited grammar.
I have something similar. A remote weather station from Oregon Scientific sans the webcam. :laugh:

I have remotes in my cabinet and two coolidors. I keep the monitor on my nightstand which reminds me to check daily.
http://www.oregonscientific.com/us/en/Multi-Location-Semi-Pro-Weather-Center-WMR88PKG

Guys...it's a vendor thread. Easy with the feet!

edit - well, I guess technically it's not in a vendor forum so...stomp away!

grateful1 said:

edit - well, I guess technically it's not in a vendor forum so...stomp away!
Edited anyway, and understood...

ammodors said:

I don't get it

It looked like these guys were stomping on a Xikar thread by a vendor in a vendor area (which would be bad form).
Since it's not the case, I edited the thread.

And Sid...no need to edit something like that. Actually, we don't edit much if anything around here...we reconcile an move on!

grateful1 said:

I don't get it

It looked like these guys were stomping on a Xikar thread by a vendor in a vendor area (which would be bad form).
Since it's not the case, I edited the thread.
And Sid...no need to edit something like that. Actually, we don't edit much if anything around here...we reconcile an move on!

Understood, thanks!

Ah no worries - I didn't interrupt any comments as stomping. I'm all about hearing what others are doing and using.  I think we all know this tech has been out there…but to my knowledge Xikar is the first to conveniently package and brand it specifically for our industry. Props to them for that - they will probably sell these pretty well.  

Irregardless...... I would buy anything Xikar if I didn't already have something in place. Their customer service is second to none.

Calling Mrs. Crabtree....Mrs. Crabtree, please check in!

jfields said:
Irregardless...... I would buy anything Xikar if I didn't already have something in place. Their customer service is second to none.

The only thing that bothers me about these wireless remote systems is the inability to re-calibrate the sensors. We strive to purchase the adjustable digital hygrometers versus the units without that feature for our humidors and coolerdors because we know they're finicky and need periodic re-calibration. Yet we treat these wireless setups as bulletproof...or as Xikar put it, "No calibration needed, guaranteed accuracy of +/- 2% RH right out of the box". Is it me, or did they gloss over the most important aspect of what a hygrometer does? Won't theirs need to be readjusted like all the rest of the hygrometers as they get older?

Even our trusty 'Set it & forget it' units in our larger cabinets need a periodic re-calibration...but not these? What happens when you salt test them and each of the sensors is off by a few percent?...do you start with the piece of tape on the receiver that says 'Sensor #1 +4%...Sensor #2 -3%...Sensor #3 +5%'.... ???

jfields said:

I have something similar. A remote weather station from Oregon Scientific sans the webcam. :laugh:

I have remotes in my cabinet and two coolidors. I keep the monitor on my nightstand which reminds me to check daily.
http://www.oregonscientific.com/us/en/Multi-Location-Semi-Pro-Weather-Center-WMR88PKG

John, have you ever salt tested or Boveda'd any of your remote sensors to check them for accuracy since you bought it?

ironpeddler said:
The only thing that bothers me about these wireless remote systems is the inability to re-calibrate the sensors. We strive to purchase the adjustable digital hygrometers versus the units without that feature for our humidors and coolerdors because we know they're finicky and need periodic re-calibration. Yet we treat these wireless setups as bulletproof...or as Xikar put it, "No calibration needed, guaranteed accuracy of +/- 2% RH right out of the box". Is it me, or did they gloss over the most important aspect of what a hygrometer does? Won't theirs need to be readjusted like all the rest of the hygrometers as they get older?

Even our trusty 'Set it & forget it' units in our larger cabinets need a periodic re-calibration...but not these? What happens when you salt test them and each of the sensors is off by a few percent?...do you start with the piece of tape on the receiver that says 'Sensor #1 +4%...Sensor #2 -3%...Sensor #3 +5%'.... ???

John, have you ever salt tested or Boveda'd any of your remote sensors to check them for accuracy since you bought it?
I have the same issue as you do Gary.  It would be better if there was a feature that allowed you to recalibrate the sensors them so that you would be able to fully rely on them.

This looks like a nice birthday present for me. Too bad my birthday is in december. :( Maybe I can get the wife to push it up a few months!!