• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Swisher Sweet buys Drew Estate

I imagine the blends will remain untouched, and a large part of this acquisition was the DE Infused line, Swisher’s main selling point is the “fruity flavors” of their blunts, and the DE infused line takes the flavor the next level. They want to bring that infusing tech to their Swisher line.

Not sure they will have any interest in making some Watermelon Flying Pigs, or Peach Dirty Rats LOL

I heard this was coming a few weeks ago. Drew owed swisser alot of cash I hear.

Swisher after infusing tech... that's an interesting angle. Is Drew's method that innovative? 

Outside of Liga Privada, I never was a fan of Drew Estates anyway, now I'm even less of one...

cabaiguan juan said:
As a cigar hobby-ist, I'm disappointed.

I agree... but DE wasn't making much money off of me anyways so I'm sure they don't even give a Dirty Rat's ass what my opinion is anyways.

So, does this mean LP9s will now come with a hole in the cap?

Undercrowns and Herrera Estelis, while not ligas, are still fine cigars in my opinion.

I had heard the rumors that this was coming but I'm still surprised.

Gavin said:
Undercrowns and Herrera Estelis, while not ligas, are still fine cigars in my opinion.
I had heard the rumors that this was coming but I'm still surprised.
Agreed...

This is very disappointing, maybe we'll be able to buy FFP's at gas stations soon.

Ligas are good, but overpriced. I'll sleep just as well tonight as I did last night.

As a source, I spoke with Marielos Drew this morning. They were not allowed to speak about the acquisition until today. The rumor was started by a big mouth rep that works for Swisher that was telling people at the IPCPR. I'm not sure what happed to him, but I am close with JD and Marielos, and no one was allowed to talk about it. I got the call this morning right after they made the announcement.  

The couple of good cigars they made you couldn't find. So probably not a huge loss.