• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tabacalera Perdomo Inventory Blowout!

SamClemmons said:
SeanGAR said:
SamClemmons said:
You may want to consider the value of your own posts before judging the merit of someone elses. I just can't figure out why you would think anyone would care what you think.

I don't give a rats ass what anybody thinks.

Insinuation ain't proof.

Next....
[snapback]240773[/snapback]​
What a relief. No hard feelings then.

Maarits own words are proof.

NA
[snapback]240784[/snapback]​

I gotta tell ya, Sean... I'm reading Maarit's words over and over again and I just can't understand how you think it's "insinuation". Those words pretty clearly indicate an intent to gouge... And it appears I'm not the only one who reads it that way. If Neal was the only one I'd think you'd have a case - even if Neal was one of only a couple I'd think you have a case - but I'd say the what Maarit said is pretty much universally understood...

Care for a pool cue???

moki said:
KB was right on the money here... anyone who is arguing with him, STFU.
[snapback]240203[/snapback]​

Andrew: We can probably agree to disagree on this particular topic. It's plain and simple in that this particular vendor can charge whatever price he/she wants. And anyone can "choose" to either purchase the cigars at that price or not. We aren't talking about the basic necessities of life here (water, food, medication, etc.) These (Opus X) are luxury items; and therefore, the term "gouging" does not apply. KB (John) is not correct, and I think is going a bit overboard with the topic.

Neuromancer: If you haven't learned thus far, then I must call into question the "claim" that you are a member of MENSA.

Ironworker is right on the money...

Yep, I think you're dead wrong. Gouging is gouging, no matter what the item, luxury or not.

Regardless, we have every right to call these people out, and warn those who may not know any better... which is exactly what happened here.

morenoloco said:
Andrew: We can probably agree to disagree on this particular topic. It's plain and simple in that this particular vendor can charge whatever price he/she wants. And anyone can "choose" to either purchase the cigars at that price or not. We aren't talking about the basic necessities of life here (water, food, medication, etc.) These (Opus X) are luxury items; and therefore, the term "gouging" does not apply. KB (John) is not correct, and I think is going a bit overboard with the topic.

Neuromancer: If you haven't learned thus far, then I must call into question the "claim" that you are a member of MENSA.

Ironworker is right on the money...
[snapback]240802[/snapback]​

moki said:
Yep, I think you're dead wrong. Gouging is gouging, no matter what the item, luxury or not.

Regardless, we have every right to call these people out, and warn those who may not know any better... which is exactly what happened here.
[snapback]240803[/snapback]​

Well, then we disagree and we each have our own opinion regarding the matter.

I'll agree that it's everyones right to call these people out... at the same time, it's probably also fair to point the membership towards those vendors who sell the cigars at MSRP.

One of the main purposes of this forum is for members to share cigar information. If someone doesn't want to listen to the fact that a certain vendor is charging way above MSRP, then that's your problem. We're not going to change the way we operate around here. I for one would be thankful to know if I was paying too much for cigars.

I love it when the college kids (or recently-graduated) chime in to impart their wisdom to us. It is great that they are still young enough to know everything.

JK

ggiese said:
Care for a pool cue???

Why yes, I'll take a Szamboti blank Balabushka. The details aren't that important, but I'd prefer 19g if you have one.

Thanks so much for the offer.

SeanGAR said:
ggiese said:
Care for a pool cue???

Why yes, I'll take a Szamboti blank Balabushka. The details aren't that important, but I'd prefer 19g if you have one.

[snapback]240833[/snapback]​

Sean, do you even like this board? You've done nothing but disagree and stir the pot since coming over here.....

We're not impressed.....

SeanGAR said:
ggiese said:
Care for a pool cue???

[snapback]240833[/snapback]​

You aint' gettin' no "Shiznit blank Babbabooeee" pool cue... If you're gonna be fighting fires with it, a good ol' fashioned pool hall pass around pool cue is good enough for ya'... Now send me your addy so I can get that bad boy packed up and shipped to you....

It is fairly obvious that a Fuente retailer is keystoning his Opus and then selling the boxes to TW cigars where he keytones them further. There are a lot of retailers who buy their Opus this way because they will never get an Opus account being they are on line stores.

TW should have just kept his mouth shut, he would have been much better off than arguing with everyone.

The real bad guy is the retailer who is selling TW the Opus, if we ever find out who that is, then they are the ones who might lose their Opus account.

WOW, I thought I was ticked off over cigar prices in Canada ... I guess mine is just mild rage!

jabba said:
WOW, I thought I was ticked off over cigar prices in Canada ... I guess mine is just mild rage!
[snapback]240933[/snapback]​

Where abouts do you live?

I was up in Nova Scotia last summer for the first time in quite a while. Thanks heavens I brought my own cigars with me. The tobacco shop that I used to visit back in my old Balkan Sobraine days (MacDonald's) was gone, and none of the other shops were very good. Small towns (that would be everything except Halifax) only had white owls, AyC and the like.

I didn't feel like spending 10 bucks Canadian for Partagas Milles Fleurs, so I paid 8 bucks for a RA Bits of Havana. Yikes .... where do you guys shop for cigars? Do reservation shops carry them? I know customs agents up there are like rabid weasels.

Visit next summer I'll bring double the number of cigars .... it appears that both my brothers and my BIL like cigars (at least free ones).

SeanGAR said:
jabba said:
[snapback]240933[/snapback]​

Where abouts do you live?

I was up in Nova Scotia last summer for the first time in quite a while. Thanks heavens I brought my own cigars with me. The tobacco shop that I used to visit back in my old Balkan Sobraine days (MacDonald's) was gone, and none of the other shops were very good. Small towns (that would be everything except Halifax) only had white owls, AyC and the like.

I didn't feel like spending 10 bucks Canadian for Partagas Milles Fleurs, so I paid 8 bucks for a RA Bits of Havana. Yikes .... where do you guys shop for cigars? Do reservation shops carry them? I know customs agents up there are like rabid weasels.

Visit next summer I'll bring double the number of cigars .... it appears that both my brothers and my BIL like cigars (at least free ones).
[snapback]240944[/snapback]​

Greater Toronto Area.

I mainly do my shopping in Florida or Phili.

If I want a Havana, La Casa in Toronto

da klugs said:
Across all boards I think we can all agree on some things.

She may have overpaid for them but... :D

jessicarenee028mq.jpg

Hi guys.
[snapback]239774[/snapback]​

OMG look what the cat dragged in :laugh:

Good to see you here Dave :thumbs:

Nueromancer ................. MENSA?.......................
Are you sure your not confusing MENSA with MENSTRUAL?.

Too funny.

godfather said:
Never seen any of you where I post (oh wait, I've seen moki and did read about his legendary documentary of smoking 'the chief' :laugh:)....
[snapback]240384[/snapback]​
OMG, was that you Moki? That thing was insane.... 4 hours.

I am really trying hard not to comment on where this thread has gone; no need to feed the trolls. It seems we all have our opinions and people won't be changing them. I for one don't disagree with anything that the long time contributing members have said in this thread.

The best part of this thread has to be the picture!!! :thumbs:

Thanks da klugs,
- C

Ironworker said:
Nueromancer ................. MENSA?.......................
Are you sure your not confusing MENSA with MENSTRUAL?.

Too funny.
[snapback]242123[/snapback]​

Rich...
He claims to be part of MENSA... Makes you wonder sometimes!!!

I think I just wasted an hour of my life reading this thread. 8 pages of nothing.

Gas up the block is $2.31/gal. Gas down the block is $2.36/gal.

I go where it's cheaper. Don't you? I tell everyone where it's cheaper, that way they get more for thier money. I don't need to point out where it's more expensive, that only causes that involuntary reaction to go see for yourself.

Case in point:

Guy- "Dude...this smels like crap."
Other guy takes a wiff.
Other guy- "Whoa...your totally right! It does smell like crap!"

Elvis has left the building, hopefully taken this thread with him.

indyrob said:
I think I just wasted an hour of my life reading this thread. 8 pages of nothing.

Gas up the block is $2.31/gal. Gas down the block is $2.36/gal.

I go where it's cheaper. Don't you? I tell everyone where it's cheaper, that way they get more for thier money. I don't need to point out where it's more expensive, that only causes that involuntary reaction to go see for yourself.

Case in point:

Guy- "Dude...this smels like crap."
Other guy takes a wiff.
Other guy- "Whoa...your totally right! It does smell like crap!"

Elvis has left the building, hopefully taken this thread with him.
[snapback]242368[/snapback]​

I know - you're wise to the actual prices of Opus and have a ready source. What about the newbies on this board who would jump at the opportunity to pick them up at a huge markup? We were all guilty of that in our earliest, darkest days of this hobby of ours. I agree KB should let others know the prices are way the hell out there and let them make their own decisions. Certainly if our newest members know that there are better sources for Opus than TW, I think that is very useful information! You may not think so, because you're obviously not in that target audience KB was posting for...

And I've found the best way to keep from reading the whole 8 pages of a thread is to click on the "BACK" button of my browser - and look down the list of new posts for the next interesting topic. Saves a lot of headaches from reading 8 pages of something I don't want to read. Kinda like turning on the World Series games - watching all four - while the whole time you're bitching about hating the White Sox and Houston...

The Master said:
It is fairly obvious that a Fuente retailer is keystoning his Opus and then selling the boxes to TW cigars where he keytones them further. There are a lot of retailers who buy their Opus this way because they will never get an Opus account being they are on line stores.

TW should have just kept his mouth shut, he would have been much better off than arguing with everyone.

The real bad guy is the retailer who is selling TW the Opus, if we ever find out who that is, then they are the ones who might lose their Opus account.
[snapback]240926[/snapback]​

You hit the nail on the head Harris! And you beat me to it.