• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black Tubos

Outlaw got 'em in Friday. Smoked one yesterday and it tasted fantastic but I was lighting it constantly. A little down time will do them good.

I took delivery of my red tubos on Friday. Nice package, but the paint smell is very strong. Mine will not be going into either of my wineadors until the smell subsides. I realize there is great pressure to get new products to market, but my Boris and Drac box also smelled of fresh paint (Drac still does). Should have my black tubos next week, find out then if this is an on-going problem the manufacturer is indifferent to since they received plenty of feedback on the Doris/Drac problem and also knew the tubes would suffer from being "freshly minted".

What is up with the 'paint thing'??? I put more importance on having a great stick than a freshly painted box or tube.
sighhhhhhhhhhhhh

Art

My box of reds didn't smell like paint at all. It actually just smells like freshly cut wood! The reds are awesome!!!!!!

My blacks and red's had no smell issues at all......Now they are resting nicely in the humi!

With mine, the tubes actually smell of fresh paint, the box seems okay on its own. I finally took all ten out of the tubes and put them in my desktop humi so they can rest a bit, then I will move them to one of the vinotemps.

Mine didn't smell like paint at all, but the boxes won't fit in my coolerdor, so i went ahead and took them out of the boxes and the tubes so that they can get to the humidity I like.

Hoping to get mine ordered tomorrow! Actually excited to try the reds first!

I received a couple of boxes of each and no paint smell whatsoever on them.

Even though the reds are a little on the milder side, the West side I had was excellent. Can't wait to try these

Black and Red Tubo's below MSRP locally if anybody wants to contact the shop before they run out. Didn't know where to put this since it's really just a heads up. Also didn't think I could just put a shop name or number up on the open forum without violating any rules, so it's in my profile somewhere instead. :whistling:

I picked up 1-red and 1- black tubo from a local vendor to try them before pulling the trigger on the whole box. I must say the boxes are quite large in person, almost thought they had poker chips inside instead of cigars
biggrin.gif

Just got done walking the dogs and smoked the black tubo, it was a very good smoke, not so much a spice bomb but it had great flavor. I had to chuck the last third as my daughter wanted me to come inside and watch TV with her but overall I liked it a lot.

Think I'll burn the red tubo this week and decide if I want a whole box each.

Had a red one today and it was great no smell of paint to this stick reminded me of a mild Drac and that was pretty darn good.

no smell on mine either from Pete the Painter...ahahahahaha

Art

no smell on mine either from Pete the Painter...ahahahahaha

Art

I smoke a black yesterday afternoon and a red last night. I smoked a black from the jar the previous afternoon so I had a decent basis for comparison. The tubo seemed to be a little milder, and not as open a draw. Overall the trademark "Black" flavors were still there. The red I had was ehh. As far as the paint I think what people are tasting is the hint of aluminum from being in the tubes, which I picked up slightly(pre light), but I was looking for it. I think they both need a little time. I am gonna give the Verocu another go in a few weeks, the one I smoked was def a dud.

Maybe I should clarify. When I opened the box fresh up there was a slight, and I mean very slight, odor of acrylic paint. It wasn't a metallic smell, definitely a paint smell. But it was so slight that I think if I hadn't been specifically sniffin, and looking for that smell, I never would have noticed. Now I also smelled a box that had been in the humidor for a couple days and there was absolutely no smell what so ever. Not even a hint. And the smell was only on the outside of the Tube. Both cases I sniffed a couple of sticks and could smell nothing.

My comment about Pete the painter was strictly in jest...heheheheh

Art

I smelled the box and there was no paint whats so ever, and the black didn't have the slightest issue. I definitely don't think that paint was any issue with these