• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Terracotta Humidor?

Nickc8

Has anyone has any knowledge or experience about terracotta humidors? I see some from an Italian seller on ebay and i like the non traditional look. I have very expensive cigars and am worried about storing them in a terracotta humidor though due to lack of knowledge about terracotta. Also the humidor is about $550 with shipping so i dont want to spend alot of money on this humidor and cigars just for things to not pan out well like they would with a traditional cedar humidor.

With the utmost respect to all of you thank you for the responses but it doesnt really help. Im specifically curious if anyone has knowledge or experience on terracotta humidors. CBoukal thank you for the offer but I dont believe i want to go that route either.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone responds, as terracotta seems to be a poor humidor material. You can buy some really lovely wooden desktops in that price range, from known sources, with a track record. I wouldn't try one. One guy's opinion.

Hi Nickc8,
I have never heard of a terracotta humidor but then that really doesn't mean a lot.
As a physical material, terracotta likely has a lot of weight, and that could possibly have some affect on shipping costs.
That's just a guess on my part but I would not purchase a terracotta humidor myself.
That's just my opinion; nothing else.
Good luck.

Thank you guys i appreciate this. I agree its for sure a bit too iffy to purchase. The smartest course of action is to get a cedar humidor in that price range that would be a guarenteed success

Terracotta is very porous, and would likely make a terrible humidor.

These are starting to take off for people wanting to store their cannabis. That and they make these terra cotta leaves that you soak in water then throw them in the jars with cannabis or pipe tobacco to bring them back. I would think that trying to use the humidor or leaves to maintain 65 - 70 RH % would be a bad idea as others have said.