• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Testy?

LarianLeQuella

Elf Wino
From This Thread:

I think the whole flippin' board has been on edge lately, and everyone should take some deep breaths and calm the F down. Not everything that isn't clear is meant as a backhanded insult, for chrissake.....

[snip]

One opinion - B.B.S.

I belong to a lot of internet forums that cover subjects like gaming, science, medicine, flying, etc. etc. etc. It seems that every year around May, ALL of them get testy over rediculous crap. It's like a seasonal thing.

I think that right now it would be a good time for everyone to go to their humidor, find a really nice cigar that you haven't smoked because it's sort of special, and sit down and enjoy it. If you have a significant other, tell her it's one of the mother's day gifts to her (i.e. getting out of her way and not bothering her for a good half hour).

What do you say brothers and sisters? We don't need a group hug, but just be aware this seems to happen every year, so BBS said it, I just wanted to repeat it.

(Okay, now you can pile on with "Who the F are you noob to say...") :D

From This Thread:

I think the whole flippin' board has been on edge lately, and everyone should take some deep breaths and calm the F down. Not everything that isn't clear is meant as a backhanded insult, for chrissake.....

[snip]

One opinion - B.B.S.

I belong to a lot of internet forums that cover subjects like gaming, science, medicine, flying, etc. etc. etc. It seems that every year around May, ALL of them get testy over rediculous crap. It's like a seasonal thing.

I think that right now it would be a good time for everyone to go to their humidor, find a really nice cigar that you haven't smoked because it's sort of special, and sit down and enjoy it. If you have a significant other, tell her it's one of the mother's day gifts to her (i.e. getting out of her way and not bothering her for a good half hour).

What do you say brothers and sisters? We don't need a group hug, but just be aware this seems to happen every year, so BBS said it, I just wanted to repeat it.

(Okay, now you can pile on with "Who the F are you noob to say...") :D

Friggen Hippie

:p

Who the F are you noob, to say.....

Yea, we're pretty much use to the seasonal meltdowns, so we all know this happens on a regular basis. Thanks for pointing it out though.

edited to say: ....just wait for the summer joyfest to start.

I thought this was a thread about testys... ???

Who the F are you noob, to say.....

Yea, we're pretty much use to the seasonal meltdowns, so we all know this happens on a regular basis. Thanks for pointing it out though.

edited to say: ....just wait for the summer joyfest to start.

Yeah, we'll be hosting love-ins, acid tests and all kinds of crazy stuff pretty soon. I figure regular herfs with you guys are getting too boring.

The problem with threads like this is that while the intent is good a timely, they usually end up turning into a roaring flame fest as different opinions clash.

Actions speak louder than words, every time, gentlemen..... :cool:

The problem with threads like this is that while the intent is good a timely, they usually end up turning into a roaring flame fest as different opinions clash.

Actions speak louder than words, every time, gentlemen..... :cool:

What are you trying to say. Who are you to... :sign:

When I opened this thread I expected it to be about neuticles!

To the OP...
Some decent advice...
For a noob!
:laugh:

-Rob

Guess you could say that there is a new sheriff in town, but its the same sheriff. He's just put away the mind altering substances and has a whole new outlook. Break the rules, might get a warning, might get a walk - infractions will be handled by case. You shouldn't be afraid of speaking your mind, just be prepared to stand by what you say. CP is still mostly self moderated, so FOGS will still be touching stuff that needs touched.

When drama happens in a thread, and it will, stay out unless you have something of value to add. Drama is normal, and in most cases healthy. There will still be asshats needing directions. Mixed in with that will be good men and women who are new to the board who will make mistakes. Please assume positive intent until proven otherwise. If you aren't sure, report the thread or PM a FOG.

You guys are welcome to a group hug - it ain't my thing. Say what you mean, but mean what you say.

Must be due to the influx of noobs.

*looks around*

I resemble that remark too! :whistling:

Not into the group hug either. :) A good ole HERF on the other hand...

I heard there's some gathering of freaks in KC next weekend. Some kind of cigar brand party, I don't think it's any big name or anything though. Just thought I'd mention it... :whistling:

Must be due to the influx of noobs.

*looks around*

I resemble that remark too! :whistling:

Not into the group hug either. :) A good ole HERF on the other hand...

I heard there's some gathering of freaks in KC next weekend. Some kind of cigar brand party, I don't think it's any big name or anything though. Just thought I'd mention it... :whistling:

Hey, is it going to be a herf or a love-in? I need to know if I should pack my guitar and love flowers...

Well, I'll be wearing my leather chaps if that helps.