• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The AssClown Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I've thought about doing this in the past, and a few people recently brought up this issue... What do you think if I created a new sub-forum called something like "The AssClown Lounge". This would be a forum dedicated to threads such as your typical assclowns, moochers, trolls, etc... This would allow for a central repository for such threads. Only threads created by banned members would be moved here. In other words, it will serve as an archive for all banned members, and members will be able to browse the old threads to refresh their memory on why the assclown was banned.

The good thing about this is that we can keep our other forums clean and assclown free. We will also be able to easily locate assclowns in the new forum.

What do you think? :D

Sounds like a great idea. This way we can all read about how not to act here! :thumbs:

Doesn't Wilkey already have something like this ???

Might also serve as a good place to refer newbs on the verge of their own meltdowns. I'm all for it.

John:  Wilkey's thread is a collection of greatest hits.  It doesn't really cover ALL the asshats and scumbags because so many of them are just blatant and unimpressive trolls.

Doesn't Wilkey already have something like this ???

It will deter some; incite others to infamy.

Instead of limiting it to banned members, could it be opened to all locked threads? Some of them are priceless.

Instead of limiting it to banned members, could it be opened to all locked threads? Some of them are priceless.

No because then I would be calling some respected members assclowns and I wouldn't want to give that perception. I understand your request, but I don't want it to be incorrectly perceived.

Rod, I think that's a great idea. Love the name too. I wonder though.....would true AssHats be allowed to start topics in that forum as well? It would almost serve as a self-outing forum. After all, only an AssHat would start a post in the AssHat forum after reading all the other AssHat posts within it.

I've thought about doing this in the past, and a few people recently brought up this issue... What do you think if I created a new sub-forum called something like "The AssClown Lounge". This would be a forum dedicated to threads such as your typical assclowns, moochers, trolls, etc... This would allow for a central repository for such threads. Only threads created by banned members would be moved here. In other words, it will serve as an archive for all banned members, and members will be able to browse the old threads to refresh their memory on why the assclown was banned.

The good thing about this is that we can keep our other forums clean and assclown free. We will also be able to easily locate assclowns in the new forum.

What do you think? :D
So let me see if I understand the purposes of such a sub-forum:

1. entertainment value

2. deterrence of bad behavior through examples of prior bad behavior

Wilkey

That and a sports forum would be the same thing so it works for me!

Good idea!

It would keep AssClowns from posting if they knew they could potentially end up in a forum dedicated to bad behavior.

Great idea Ron! So, every thread would be pinned in that forum? Would the original title be changed? Or, should we just search by each asshat that started the thread?

Interesting idea, Rod. Some drawbacks that I can think of are that some of the best meltdown threads were not started by the banned asshats, there are/will be threads that contain both good and bad content, and finally, since you are the sole decision maker on this board, this would constitute more work for you. My biggest vote agains it though, is that I feel it would change the friendlyness of this board. Threads collected to make fun of the banned asshats just does not seem to be in the spirit of the our friendly community.

Interesting idea, Rod. Some drawbacks that I can think of are that some of the best meltdown threads were not started by the banned asshats, there are/will be threads that contain both good and bad content, and finally, since you are the sole decision maker on this board, this would constitute more work for you. My biggest vote agains it though, is that I feel it would change the friendlyness of this board. Threads collected to make fun of the banned asshats just does not seem to be in the spirit of the our friendly community.
Thank you, Sam. You articulated precisely what I was feeling.

Wilkey

You bring up two very interesting points, one fact, and the other opinion, however I must say that I agree with both...

Status
Not open for further replies.