• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Bad Trader & Scumbag List

Ah, to be young and stupid again...

Just wandering for my own learning curve what benefit this adds to the thread? I am going to say zero.

Jim
Smurfy's post simply showed his distaste for the kid on the "list". Your post, step, added no benefit to the thread and was the pot stirrer.

That is the best ice cream soda I ever tasted.

NA

Neal,

You are correct. I should have internalized my own thoughts and just asked for clarification. I again extend an apology to Bruce for my primary post and I should have chosen my words more wisely. I also extend an apology for degrading the content of this post even further. I hope we can put the popcorn away now and go back to the ice cream sodas because they are tastier :thumbs:.

Jim

I think the whole flippin' board has been on edge lately, and everyone should take some deep breaths and calm the F down. Not everything that isn't clear is meant as a backhanded insult, for chrissake.....

DesertRat, your post clearly shows that you either (A) haven't read the rules and don't give a damn, or (B) read the rules and still don't give a damn. Rod has asked SPECIFICALLY for crap like that to stop. Bad form.

One opinion - B.B.S.

Might just be part of the touchy tone that had S13's shorts all scrunched up. I hope my explanation puts him at ease. I would appreciate an apology, but won't demand one. A man is entitled to his opinion.

Bruce why you bring me into this?

In all seriousness, Bruce is spot on, we do have quite a few young members with a certain disdain for CP rules. We also have a few folks that don't know how to use the PM function to ask for clarification on things. Please remember your manners especially if you are calling someone out.

This thread is absurd in so many ways. Fwiw I am not anywhere near as old and crotchety as Bwuth but I sure am inclined to agree that there is a trend towards overzealous young guys with eyes bigger than their stomachs and/or exaggerated bravado.

You like to throw softballs as well, but as you said I won't swing. Jim put it best as I should have asked for clarification. I extend an apology for not doing that. I appreciate your clarification.

I was just pointing out that some of us, myself included, do not know what your thinking when you post and many times your posts seem demeaning. Rather than calling someone stupid, even in a general sense, you might choose a different word. In my mind you are asking for a less than positive response (for some to swing at the softball you mentioned) when you use words like stupid. I see you do this alot, but I think that you could choose your words more carefully. In fact, I think that we all could do that. Again I should have asked for clarification and that was my error.

Jim

Like I said, a man is entitled to his opinion. However, I have to reject your suggestion that I chose my words more carefully. I already do that. In cases where there is a question, I'll be glad to explain.

Guys, this really doesn't need to go any further. Jim and I have shaken hands and this is done.

If you did not speak in code we might know, but I am going to take another shot in the dark and say that you asked it the way you did to stir the pot as usual. But I am just youngster, so I am sure I have little experience in life :rolleyes: .

Jim

Stirring the pot? How about asking for more clarification... a little more information... details? Great Googely Moogely, this place is awful touchy right now. Sign of things to come...?

I think it's just a continuation of how things have been for the last few months.

I don't know who "controls" the scumbag list, but since Moki hosts it, it might be a good idea to contact him with the info. That's likely to get faster results than a thread here. The situation is well documented.

How many times does Rod need to ask people not to post pictures of a bowl of popcorn? Is the frustration with repeatedly dealing with the same issues over and over not apparent to some around here? There's going to be a breaking point. Is that what people are looking for?

Contrary to what some people may think, this isn't REALLY our site, it's Rod's. I've already seen one good forum decide to close it's doors because the site owner is sick of the crap. I doubt Rod is quite there, but why push it?

I just wanted to add, the whole point of this thread wasn't about getting Ray added. Obviously his sale brought about this thread. 80% of making this post was to let people know a list exists with such info..

You like to throw softballs as well, but as you said I won't swing. Jim put it best as I should have asked for clarification. I extend an apology for not doing that. I appreciate your clarification.

I was just pointing out that some of us, myself included, do not know what your thinking when you post and many times your posts seem demeaning. Rather than calling someone stupid, even in a general sense, you might choose a different word. In my mind you are asking for a less than positive response (for some to swing at the softball you mentioned) when you use words like stupid. I see you do this alot, but I think that you could choose your words more carefully. In fact, I think that we all could do that. Again I should have asked for clarification and that was my error.

Jim

Like I said, a man is entitled to his opinion. However, I have to reject your suggestion that I chose my words more carefully. I already do that. In cases where there is a question, I'll be glad to explain.

I am glad to just agree to disagree and move on :thumbs:. The crappy thing is no matter how old I get you will always be older which means I am still the youngster. It seems to be a lose/lose for me :laugh:.

Jim

The lad who is the subject of this thread is a college student, most likely 21 or 22.

Some college guys come here, screw up, and make the rest of us look bad... :angry:
It's rather upsetting to see that at this age, some individuals are still not responsible, don't hold themselves accountable, and can't act like a mature adult.

I'm glad, however, that all of us are not lumped into the same "young, dumb, and ignorant" category, and that age is not a bias (at least publicly) amongst contributing members. I've herfed with gents that could be my father, and in some cases...my grandfather...and I wouldn't trade those conversations or experiences for the world. :)

Well said, Jake! I've always appreciated not being treated like an idiot around here just because we're young'ns ;)

If you did not speak in code we might know, but I am going to take another shot in the dark and say that you asked it the way you did to stir the pot as usual. But I am just youngster, so I am sure I have little experience in life :rolleyes: .

Jim

Stirring the pot? How about asking for more clarification... a little more information... details? Great Googely Moogely, this place is awful touchy right now. Sign of things to come...?

I think it's just a continuation of how things have been for the last few months.

I don't know who "controls" the scumbag list, but since Moki hosts it, it might be a good idea to contact him with the info. That's likely to get faster results than a thread here. The situation is well documented.

How many times does Rod need to ask people not to post pictures of a bowl of popcorn? Is the frustration with repeatedly dealing with the same issues over and over not apparent to some around here? There's going to be a breaking point. Is that what people are looking for?

Contrary to what some people may think, this isn't REALLY our site, it's Rod's. I've already seen one good forum decide to close it's doors because the site owner is sick of the crap. I doubt Rod is quite there, but why push it?

I just wanted to add, the whole point of this thread wasn't about getting Ray added. Obviously his sale brought about this thread. 80% of making this post was to let people know a list exists with such info..

If that is the case then maybe you shouldn't have been the one to post it that way. Maybe there is a reason Harris has been the one calling the shots on the scumbag list instead of newer folks.

Yah, we can ask Harris to add him, and there could be some value to that. However, I don't think this kid will pose any more risk to the community.

Jim

Guys, this really doesn't need to go any further. Jim and I have shaken hands and this is done.

See...? This is how things should be done. Nicely done gents...nicely done.

So... cigars? we still talk about them? Me... I'm having a gifted Padron Family Rereva today. Thanks, you know who... :cool:

This stuff lately is making me ill. All of it.
When I describe CP to folks out in the world, I tell them that CP has restored my faith in the human race.
You young guys and newbs please listen, and read. Go back a couple years and look at how this place was.
Rules are in place for a reason. If you new guys don't want to follow those rules then please move along and don't spoil this great thing.
The old guard here does what they do for one reason and it's protection of the community. Whenever a FOG puts someone in the spotlight you can bet your boots that they know or see something that we just don't.
It is from experience boys.
Shut up and read.
If you are ever in doubt just think to yourself, WWSD? (what would Swissy do)
I do not want to see my little piece of solace go away because some snot nosed punk ass screws it up.

Respect your elders.
End rant

EDIT for spelling, punctuation, and an added word or two

I need to apologize for posting the popcorn photo, it was bad form, uncalled for and a violation of the rules and won’t happen again. If punishment is in order then carry it out because I deserve it.

I posted that photo as a gut reaction to the thread. I thought to myself “what possible good can come from a thread calling a person a scumbag (warranted or not)?” Then ultimately what I suspected would happen, did happen. Someone else chimed in and says basically “so and so is a scumbag too and should be on the list” then another chimes in…. Nowhere to go but downhill from there IMHO. Of course my post did nothing to help the situation so I am guilty of bringing it down a notch as well and I regret that.

As has been mentioned, CP seems to have a powder keg of tension lying shallow under the surface lately. I’m not sure why that is and I’m not sure I really want to know. I only hope it goes away.

Again, my sincerest apologies to everyone here and as I already said; it will not happen again.

When I lived near Omaha a few years back (okay - 30 years ago), the entertainment for this small town was to go to the local small air strip and watch the ground crew chase the deer off the runway. I thought there was no value to watching such nonsense - until I went out there and watched it for myself... :laugh:

I say the "Old Guard" pull out and let the youngun's herd the sheep for a while. ;)

This started as a scumbag thread and you guys totally hijacked it with your bitching and moaning, do us all a favor and get a room!

I think Ginseng should be on there. even though he eventually made it right with Bill-CC. There are a few others that he still to this day has not.

Any idea why he may have been given a pass?

Edit to add: Could this link be pinned in the buy/sell/trade forum? With Andrew's permission of course. :)

I maintain the Scumbags list, but Harris (aka "The Master") is the one who determines who is on/off of the list. The issue is that I do not want to be the person who both maintains it, and also makes the judgement on who is on it/off of it. I think a separation of powers is a good thing.

Normal procedure is for people to gather the evidence, give it to Harris, and he makes a determination. One screwup isn't always enough to get on the list, a pattern of abuse/lack of consideration is usually what does it.

The problem is that Harris isn't around the cigar community much anymore. I think we're going to need a new person to assist. Right now we're essentially in limbo.

EDIT: posted a thread about this on CF here:

http://lounge.cigarfamily.com/showthread.php?p=3261174

I think Ginseng should be on there. even though he eventually made it right with Bill-CC. There are a few others that he still to this day has not.

Any idea why he may have been given a pass?

Edit to add: Could this link be pinned in the buy/sell/trade forum? With Andrew's permission of course. :)

I maintain the Scumbags list, but Harris (aka "The Master") is the one who determines who is on/off of the list. The issue is that I do not want to be the person who both maintains it, and also makes the judgement on who is on it/off of it. I think a separation of powers is a good thing.

Normal procedure is for people to gather the evidence, give it to Harris, and he makes a determination. One screwup isn't always enough to get on the list, a pattern of abuse/lack of consideration is usually what does it.

The problem is that Harris isn't around the cigar community much anymore. I think we're going to need a new person to assist. Right now we're essentially in limbo.

EDIT: posted a thread about this on CF here:

http://lounge.cigarfamily.com/showthread.php?p=3261174

Thanks Andrew!
Just to clarify, I would like to see a link to the list pinned. Not this thread. :rolleyes:

I think the whole flippin' board has been on edge lately, and everyone should take some deep breaths and calm the F down. Not everything that isn't clear is meant as a backhanded insult, for chrissake.....

DesertRat, your post clearly shows that you either (A) haven't read the rules and don't give a damn, or (B) read the rules and still don't give a damn. Rod has asked SPECIFICALLY for crap like that to stop. Bad form.

One opinion - B.B.S.

My jaw hits the floor. I've kept my mouth shut about you, Tom, for a long time. But I can't keep quiet when I see you writing crap like this. You really believe that statement? My experience with you proves otherwise;

1) Not owning up on your end of the box split (Cohiba Piramides). I sent you the half box and nothing from you.

2) Bitching and complaining about me not agreeing to your P/T's in my Newborn Pass. A Padron 80th doesn't equal a BBMF... sorry Tom. The rules for the pass were simple... just wait for my approval before sending it out and you didn't follow the rules. And then wanting me to settle it out of public view.

I have had some good experiences with you previously Tom and enjoyed our "friendship." I don't know what happened to you. But you need to get off the soapbox and take off your Sheriff's badge. You've got no right to tell people how to act when you don't practice what you preach. :whistling:

Sorry to all the others if this is considered a "threadjack."