• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Clock'idor project has begun

Sooner or later if I keep going at the rate I am than I'll be building something like that in the near future...lol

So after reading lots of threads here I decided to put my one fan that's hidden in the bottom on a timer. It runs for 15 minutes every hour. I have noticed that the humidity overall top to bottom is a little more even now. Still need to buy some good hygrometers but the overall RH is more even. I still check it like 12 times a day but now I don't mess with it as much.

Finally made the little bead troughs....
First pic is bottom two rows...

The second pics is the top two rows...

Nicely done Kevin, I feel like you mentioned how you did it but could you remind me what you used to make these please?

Thanks!

That is a fantastic idea for beads, I think I will use somthing like them in my Curio-dor

Nicely done Kevin, I feel like you mentioned how you did it but could you remind me what you used to make these please?

Thanks!

I make knife sheaths out of thermoplastics. I used a tan colored kydex to make these. Nothing fancy by any means but it works waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the previous containers and takes up much less room. My RH is a little high now thanks to my new set-up. I've been opening the door a bit now and then to get it down to where it should be.

Just seen this thread for the first time. Outstanding job all around! :thumbs:

Is there a lid or holder to keep the beads in the troughs?
If not......spills happen and those beads will be everywhere.

Nice set of sticks.

Very nice work!

Only drawback? Every person who comes to your house is going to want to smoke one of those sticks :)

Is there a lid or holder to keep the beads in the troughs?
If not......spills happen and those beads will be everywhere.

Nice set of sticks.

There is no top on them. I've spilled plenty with the set-up I was using. This one is much more stable and less likely to lead to spills. I can easily add water when needed and not worry about spillage.

Just found this thread for the first time... it's great to see how you're learning how to make it better and better as time goes on. It looks awesome... that's one humi you should be very proud of!

Edit: gratuitous use of the word "awesome"

Update time, it's full, full, full!!!!
I need to find a new something to put my first box, those lovely Padrons in! :)

Super impressed with your idea here. The thread is informative and your work turned out great. I have a dozen ideas now and none of them will be cheap for the cigar fill. Great work.

Come on Kevin it's not TOTALLY full. What you need to do is add more shelves and beads and voilà more room for more sticks. :thumbs:

If you like I have more room in the wine-o-dor if you would like me to store them for you. :whistling:

I have to admit I have been impressed with this since the beginning, great work my friend.

Come on Kevin it's not TOTALLY full. What you need to do is add more shelves and beads and voilà more room for more sticks. :thumbs:

If you like I have more room in the wine-o-dor if you would like me to store them for you. :whistling:

I have to admit I have been impressed with this since the beginning, great work my friend.
You know I haven't seriously thought about adding shelves until you said that. Time to take some measurements :) Tonight I'm re-testing my hygrometers, I know they are off but I need to mark them so I don't forget. Also figured out how to make the clock run but the honey-do lists come first.