• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cello on the LFD?

:laugh: no, but good guess Bill.(I think that's supposed to be there)

No, I was actually referring to the cigars that OzPod PIF'd in relationship to the cigars that he MAW'd and was subsequently granted. I'm not throwing at Calvin at all, I want to make that clear from the door. This example may have happened 4 or 5 wishes ago and I missed it, but I just happened to see this one. He granted the Camacho and "probably the Cabaiguan" to Marco. He sent the Camacho and not the Cabaiguan, although some would argue the LFD may be an acceptable substitute depending on personal taste.(me being one of them) Then he wished for and was granted a Monte 2 and a Cohiba. Just seems a li'l disproportionate. I know it's impossible to keep the MAWPIF completely even across the board, and I understand wishes/grants will always vary in value from one to the next. But, I'd just like to make sure we don't stray too far.

DeVonn,

Thanks for the explanation. I again learned something new on CP which happens daily if not hourly. :thumbs:

It is my understanding from reading Oz's post that he said he "might have the Cabaiguan as well" He never actually stated that he did in fact have it and sent the one cigar for the wish that was granted. From what I have experienced on the MAWPIF thread that you are only being granted 1 wish for a single cigar. If the granter feels so inclined they may opt to send you more than one of your wishes if they are able to grant it or choose to include tag-a-longs. Neither should be expected by the wisher or required from the granter.

As for increasing values on wishes this is bound to happen. I have granted wishes for $40 cigars and had people balk at a wish of mine for a $20 stick. I see nothing wrong with granting a wish for a $10 cigar and asking for a $10-$20 stick, however if there are no bites then maybe the wisher would need to rethink it.

As for who's wish is up its Stepthirteen with a Mag 50 EL. Hopefully he'll expand the list soon to get this rolling again.

It is my understanding from reading Oz's post that he said he "might have the Cabaiguan as well" He never actually stated that he did in fact have it and sent the one cigar for the wish that was granted. From what I have experienced on the MAWPIF thread that you are only being granted 1 wish for a single cigar. If the granter feels so inclined they may opt to send you more than one of your wishes if they are able to grant it or choose to include tag-a-longs. Neither should be expected by the wisher or required from the granter.

As for increasing values on wishes this is bound to happen. I have granted wishes for $40 cigars and had people balk at a wish of mine for a $20 stick. I see nothing wrong with granting a wish for a $10 cigar and asking for a $10-$20 stick, however if there are no bites then maybe the wisher would need to rethink it.

As for who's wish is up its Stepthirteen with a Mag 50 EL. Hopefully he'll expand the list soon to get this rolling again.

I actually quoted Oz's wording in my post. He said "and probably the Cabaiguan". It's all semantics really, the assumption was that it more than likely would make it's way with the Camacho. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him not including it, btw. The point that I was making was just to watch the disproportion of the wishes you grant versus those you make. From what I have experienced in the MAWPIF thread the grantor is only obligated to grant one cigar, but I've seen on as many occasion as one was granted, several were granted.

If someone can have a wish granted for 2,3,4 or 10x the value of the wish they granted, then sure, why not? But, once a thing starts it tends to continue unless checked. Just something to bring to eevryones awareness, that's all.

Incidentally Josh, I've also seen the examples you're referring at the other end of the spectrum, but you can't force someone to grant a wish. If I had the sticks I'd have granted them to you, but your tastes are too expensive for me. :sign:

Hey now I like some less expensive cigars to. I just would rather smoke better cigars less often. I got turned onto tats recently as well as finding a greater appreciation for some of the fuente and padron lines. Not to mention some of my favorites being Monte #2's and #4's lol. I do see your point though DeVonn.

So who can grant Jim his Mag 50 EL?

Hey now I like some less expensive cigars to. I just would rather smoke better cigars less often. I got turned onto tats recently as well as finding a greater appreciation for some of the fuente and padron lines. Not to mention some of my favorites being Monte #2's and #4's lol. I do see your point though DeVonn.

GB? :sign: <---------- No seriously.... who's gonna run this? I nominate LouTam! :laugh:

I actually quoted Oz's wording in my post. He said "and probably the Cabaiguan". It's all semantics really, the assumption was that it more than likely would make it's way with the Camacho. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him not including it, btw. The point that I was making was just to watch the disproportion of the wishes you grant versus those you make. From what I have experienced in the MAWPIF thread the grantor is only obligated to grant one cigar, but I've seen on as many occasion as one was granted, several were granted.

If someone can have a wish granted for 2,3,4 or 10x the value of the wish they granted, then sure, why not? But, once a thing starts it tends to continue unless checked. Just something to bring to eevryones awareness, that's all.

Incidentally Josh, I've also seen the examples you're referring at the other end of the spectrum, but you can't force someone to grant a wish. If I had the sticks I'd have granted them to you, but your tastes are too expensive for me. :sign:

Well said, allthough it's never happened, atleast I haven't seen it happening. It somehow always seems to "go down" after awhile.

Edit: Maybe I should read all the posts related before writing. I see no problem granting a Quintero (I'm not in any way saying that Quinteros are bad cigars, I myself love 'em they are however cheap) and asking for a Cohiba. Aslong as it's not done frequently. I just hope that rarity would be considered over price.

Edit2: spelling

Well nobody has been able to grant it for 4 days now, so new wishes are surely in order.

Thanks LTL, got my box in. The Short Story is one of my favs too, looking forward to trying the rest.

-Kevin

I did indeed search for the Cab, I did think I had one but apparently I have smoked it, so I PMed him about the change in it. He OK'ed it and sent it away. I wouldnt have asked for the Cubans if I would have known there would be a problem, so I am sorry for that.

I did indeed search for the Cab, I did think I had one but apparently I have smoked it, so I PMed him about the change in it. He OK'ed it and sent it away. I wouldnt have asked for the Cubans if I would have known there would be a problem, so I am sorry for that.

It's nothing you need to apologize for Calvin..... you can only be held accountable for what you know, right? I don't believe there was any ill intent whatsoever on your part. Like I said, I'm not throwing at you or trying to call you out in any way. I simply wanted to draw attention to an issue that could potentially become a problem, and unfortunately you just happened to be a part of this particular situation. Fwiw, I see you as one the many new members that contributes where you can and "gets" what this place is all about. No apology necessary.

Alright so I will expand my wish to include any regional release ISOM in addition to the Mag 50 EL. Sorry for the delaqy I forgot I had a wish here until Wilkey PMd me :(.

Jim

There was no problem with the MAW in my eyes - like I said above (I think about 15 posts up), I cleared it and it was ok with me. As for lack of balance between wish made and wish granted, that's really a matter of personal integrity. I have no opinion one way or the other.

I just want to make sure you received them and enjoy them. I was more then happy to grant you that wish, and I hope that you experienced some smokes that you haven't before. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the spirit of this thread after all.

As for lack of balance between wish made and wish granted, that's really a matter of personal integrity.
Yes and no.

The unique nature of the MaW-PIF being unlike a traditional pass or trade must necessarily allow for slight to moderately uneven grant-make pairings. The alternatives are 1) every cigar must be of the same value (which is impossible or at least wildly impractical) or 2) makes to be always lower in value than grants. In this latter case, we would soon be down in value to dog-rocketville.

In practice, a wish is a wish and there will be some instances where what one really, really wants is something precious in relation to the wish that was granted. We've got to accept this about this thing.

Now, I think we all keep an eye on this such that this little flex in the system doesn't get abused. However, I do think that the system is sort of self-regulating. If a wish is out of whack, it simply won't get filled.

I just want to make sure you received them and enjoy them. I was more then happy to grant you that wish, and I hope that you experienced some smokes that you haven't before. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the spirit of this thread after all.
Sir, you are right on. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Status
Not open for further replies.