• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having almost a year on and still knowing next to nothing about most of the cigars people wish for I was granted a wish by generally being in the Chat room when someone was giving one away.

I have tried to get in and grant a couple wishes, but it seems like everytime I have something to grant someone beats me too it. Be it a Palio cutter here or an Opus there...

As far as wishes go, and this is strictly from a newbie point of view, but they are wishes. As long as someone doesn't make a habit of granting low end and asking high, wish for what you want. Some people don't want much, or a cigar that is easy to find for you might not be for them. In my mind a wish thread with conditions kinda defeats the purpose, as long as its not being abused.

Again, my opinion as a newbie.

Brandon

As far as wishes go, and this is strictly from a newbie point of view, but they are wishes. As long as someone doesn't make a habit of granting low end and asking high, wish for what you want. Some people don't want much, or a cigar that is easy to find for you might not be for them. In my mind a wish thread with conditions kinda defeats the purpose, as long as its not being abused.

Well said.

Ok, here's the initial list. If nothing has been grabbed by tomorrow evening I'll add to it.

Partagas Serie D No. 4 Reserva
Cohiba Sublimes EL '04
Any Asia/Pacific RE

Avo 22
Davidoff Broberg's 125th
Litto Gomez Small Batch No. 1

My cigars got here today, but alas, I'm still in Blue Springs til tomorrow, so I cant see them til then :laugh:

But thanks man, I will probably smoke them ASAP, no age, gotta smoke em. Well, maybe not one.

My cigars got here today, but alas, I'm still in Blue Springs til tomorrow, so I cant see them til then :laugh:

But thanks man, I will probably smoke them ASAP, no age, gotta smoke em. Well, maybe not one.

Let them rest for a few days in your humi and then enjoy them.

Alright, they are safe in my humidor. I personally like the other 2 cigars with it that match the exact sizes of the MAW's, very clever and awesome!

Ok, here's the initial list. If nothing has been grabbed by tomorrow evening I'll add to it.

Cohiba Sublimes EL '04
Any Asia/Pacific RE

Avo 22
Davidoff Broberg's 125th

Ok, no luck on the previous requests. How about a Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios or Magicos?

Seems to me if you could only wish for things equal to or lesser than the wish you granted we would hit a point of diminishing returns pretty quickly and the 'pif' would stagnate.

Seems to me if you could only wish for things equal to or lesser than the wish you granted we would hit a point of diminishing returns pretty quickly and the 'pif' would stagnate.
Exactly my point here:
The unique nature of the MaW-PIF being unlike a traditional pass or trade must necessarily allow for slight to moderately uneven grant-make pairings. The alternatives are 1) every cigar must be of the same value (which is impossible or at least wildly impractical) or 2) makes to be always lower in value than grants. In this latter case, we would soon be down in value to dog-rocketville.
Wilkey

Cohiba Sublimes EL '04
Any Asia/Pacific RE

Avo 22
Davidoff Broberg's 125th

Ok, no luck on the previous requests. How about a Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios or Magicos?

That didn't go well either, so my wish is simply for a favorite of yours.

Cohiba Sublimes EL '04
Any Asia/Pacific RE

Avo 22
Davidoff Broberg's 125th

Are you friggin serious? No one was willing to offer Khari a Maduro 5. Boy seems that this is losing its steam :(.

Jim

Cohiba Sublimes EL '04
Any Asia/Pacific RE

Avo 22
Davidoff Broberg's 125th

Are you friggin serious? No one was willing to offer Khari a Maduro 5. Boy seems that this is losing its steam :(.

Jim
Jim,
I'm just seeing this. Khari's a good one in my book, and I've got him covered. ;)

Cohiba Sublimes EL '04
Any Asia/Pacific RE

Avo 22
Davidoff Broberg's 125th

Jim
Jim,
I'm just seeing this. Khari's a good one in my book, and I've got him covered. ;)

Way to play John! Khari's definitely worthy!

Very nice John!! I guess I should not have posted so quickly :).

Jim

Cohiba Sublimes EL '04
Any Asia/Pacific RE

Avo 22
Davidoff Broberg's 125th

Jim
Jim,

Thanks, John!

Jim, your package hit the P.O. a few hours ago. DC # 0103 8555 7495 9069 1852

Status
Not open for further replies.