• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dailey Jam Session 2023 (Post the sound vibrations that pair with your smoking pleasure)

CCR may have been the most subversive of all the 60's groups. Fortunatr son was an abthem of the anti-war movement.. Green River was the unoffical song of the river boats, Run through the Jungle applied to everyone outside the fence and Looking out My Back Door was what they dreamed abouy.
I guess it's my age showing, but although I obviously put Fortunate Son and Run Through The Jungle as Viet Nam related, I never associated the others.

I guess it's my age showing, but although I obviously put Fortunate Son and Run Through The Jungle as Viet Nam related, I never associated the others.
It isn't always what the song is about, it is what people feel it is about. Fogarty himself says Run Through The Jungle wasn't about Vietnam but people thought it was. Green River was a transference of being stateside on the bayou to being on the Mekong. My sample size is small but I've had a few tell me so and it may not have been true everywhere and certainly not true for the pre 1970 era.

This is the heavy metal guitar player from Alter Bridge and Creed. He also released a cover album of Frank Sinatra tunes (done well, I might add), and contributes everything from those albums and shows to Down Syndrome charities, as his youngest daughter has it.

I know I'm late to the Chris Stapleton train, but he's got an incredible voice, and he seems to be a heck of a guitar player, too. This is from some awards show, but check out his Tiny Desk Concert on YT, as well; it's just Chris, his acoustic guitar, and his wife doing some harmonies.

I know I'm late to the Chris Stapleton train, but he's got an incredible voice, and he seems to be a heck of a guitar player, too. This is from some awards show, but check out his Tiny Desk Concert on YT, as well; it's just Chris, his acoustic guitar, and his wife doing some harmonies.

This was the band I first saw Stapleton in…

his wife Morgane (which I listened to today)…

and finally, what is on right now…