• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Empire Strikes Back...the pass

I guess I will get started as well. Here are a few I wasthinking of.

T Opus X A ($25)----->P RyJ Museum Edition ($30.00)
T #48 Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos Edicion Limitada 2007 ($9.50) ----> P Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona 2002 ($9.96)
T #61 San Cristobal Fabuloso ($8.31) - P Hemmingway Classic Mauro ($8.80)
T Opus X Petit Lancero ($10.00) -----> P VSG Torpedo 2006 ($10.50)
T P: Padron 1926 #9 Maduro ($17.96) --------> P C.A.O. Soprano Tony Signature ($20.00)
Here are my thought on these (I realize Bully has final say)

1) I don't know enough about the Museum Edition RyJ to comment on that one.
2) Even though there is age on the DC, I'm not sure it's a suitable trade partner for the Regalos.
3) Good
4) You lack rarity in the VSG to take the Opus PL
5) Good

Brian, I agree with you to an extent.

T Opus X A ($25)----->P RyJ Museum Edition ($30.00) - GOOD
T #48 Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos Edicion Limitada 2007 ($9.50) ----> P Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona 2002 ($9.96) - Even though there is age on the DC, the Edicion Limitada's are harder to come by.
T #61 San Cristobal Fabuloso ($8.31) - P Hemmingway Classic Mauro ($8.80) - GOOD
T Opus X Petit Lancero ($10.00) -----> P VSG Torpedo 2006 ($10.50) - NO GOOD, LACKING RARITY
T P: Padron 1926 #9 Maduro ($17.96) --------> P C.A.O. Soprano Tony Signature ($20.00) - GOOD

Almost there..

T #48 Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos Edicion Limitada 2007 ($9.50) ----> P Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona 2002 ($9.96)
T P: Padron 1926 #9 Maduro ($17.96) --------> P C.A.O. Soprano Tony Signature ($20.00)

2) Even though there is age on the DC, I'm not sure it's a suitable trade partner for the Regalos.
3) Good
5) Good

T #48 Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos Edicion Limitada 2007 ($9.50) ----> P Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona 2002 ($9.96) - Even though there is age on the DC, the Edicion Limitada's are harder to come by.
T #61 San Cristobal Fabuloso ($8.31) - P Hemmingway Classic Mauro ($8.80) - GOOD
T Opus X Petit Lancero ($10.00) -----> P VSG Torpedo 2006 ($10.50) - NO GOOD, LACKING RARITY
T P: Padron 1926 #9 Maduro ($17.96) --------> P C.A.O. Soprano Tony Signature ($20.00) - GOOD

Almost there..

Let's switch the VSG for the Cohiba PIRAMIDES Edicion Limitada 2006

So it would look like this.

T Opus X Petit Lancero ($10.00) -----> P Cohiba PIRAMIDES Edicion Limitada 2006 ($25.70)

3) Good
5) Good

Almost there..

Let's switch the VSG for the Cohiba PIRAMIDES Edicion Limitada 2006

So it would look like this.

T Opus X Petit Lancero ($10.00) -----> P Cohiba PIRAMIDES Edicion Limitada 2006 ($25.70) - GOOD - VERY NICE PUT. THANKS !!

3) Good
5) Good

Almost there..
Looks like you agreed with me all the way!

3) Good
5) Good

Almost there..

The RyJ I decided to approve, but yeah, your right..

3) Good
5) Good

Almost there..

The RyJ I decided to approve, but yeah, your right..
....yea, I forgot the argument on rarity I took on in the other post. :blush:

This should be the final.

T #48 Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos Edicion Limitada 2007 ($9.50) ----> P Hemingway Between the Lines ($13.25)
T #61 San Cristobal Fabuloso ($8.31) - P Hemingway Classic Mauro ($8.80) - GOOD
T Opus X Petit Lancero ($10.00) -----> P Cohiba PIRAMIDES Edicion Limitada 2006 ($25.70) - GOOD - VERY NICE PUT. THANKS !!

[/quote]

This should be the final.

T #48 Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos Edicion Limitada 2007 ($9.50) ----> P Hemingway Between the Lines ($13.25)

T #48 Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos Edicion Limitada 2007 ($9.50) ----> P Hemingway Between the Lines ($13.25) - GOOD

Good job on matching MSRP and Rarity for the Regalos and rest of your P/T's.

Opus X Petit Lancero ($10.00)

Just checked this out and it cracks me up. Tell me where you can get this at MSRP and I will take 10 boxes right now. I know this has been a posted rule but talk about making this harder than it is. BP suggestion: just use your judgment as we all know the real value and rarity of sticks and always do better in the puts as that is the BOTL way. Not pointing fingers at any particular person just a statement as I would always strive to take care of the BOTL running this thing as he did all the work in putting this together and getting all to try great smokes. I know Brian cares and is working hard at negotiating the P's and the T's but I am getting frustrated for him. Hook him up!

Just checked this out and it cracks me up. Tell me where you can get this at MSRP and I will take 10 boxes right now. I know this has been a posted rule but talk about making this harder than it is. BP suggestion: just use your judgment as we all know the real value and rarity of sticks and always do better in the puts as that is the BOTL way. Not pointing fingers at any particular person just a statement as I would always strive to take care of the BOTL running this thing as he did all the work in putting this together and getting all to try great smokes. I know Brian cares and is working hard at negotiating the P's and the T's but I am getting frustrated for him. Hook him up!

Eric,

Very nicely said!! Always leave the pass better than when you got it :).

Jim

Funny thing about this last P/T discussion - watching from the outside - there used to be a shop near me that I could get Opus very near MSRP. Any markup was under $1. Over the course of one delivery, I was able to get just about half a box of PL. The afternoon I went in to buy the last of the PL, he had just received a box of VSG Illusions. He made sure to point them out to me.

We start talking about his specialty shipments, and how often he got different cigars. He told me he never had a problem getting Opus. Ever. But for him to get a single box of VSG, he had to pull teeth.

Tom you are from Long Island also, please PM the place that used to sell $1 over MSRP as I gotta know.

It was in Rockville Centre. Trinity East. Mostly pipes, but had a small walk-in. Kept his Opus stash in a little corner of the humi, where only he could get to them, so they were kept for his regulars. Unfortunately, the store closed down a couple months ago.

Tom is telling the truth, he hooked me up with a few fivers a while back. Also there is a difference between accepting overputs and expecting them. Just food for thought imo.

The majority of us that have run passes strictly go by MSRP on Opus because of the mark-ups and tax differential from state to state. I've bought PL's from JR's in Statesville (when they carried Opus up until this year) for EXACTLY MSRP. I've also seen them for $20+ in certain B&M's. This is why it takes a certain cigar to take an Opus. It will have to have equal or greater value plus rarity involved or the trade just won't work. 99% of the people in passes do try to leave it in better shape than they got it....asking us to "hook him up" is pretty classless on your part IMO.

Well, I do appreciate the conversation here, however please note, I am NOT looking for anyone to hook me up. The purpose of this pass is for everyone to try something different. I am not looking to benefit from this other then getting back what I put in. With that being said, a great example of this is the RyJ put we just saw. Most people here were questionable on it because they feel the stick was sub par, however, technically he met MSRP and rarity for the Opus. This pass is not about what I like or my (or anyone else's take on a cigar). It's simply MSRP for MSRP and Rarity for Rarity.. The rest is just sit back and watch what happens. Obviously when we get into a CC for NC more user intervention is required and we may fall back to peoples opinions of which is more rare. Hope this helps..

Tom, bummer that store is closed as that's a good hookup especially for NY. Having no vested interest in this pass and having partipated in many BP's before I always look to spur on the spirit of give and take as I always have myself. I feel the back and forth of P/T's although part of the process can get hectic and I feel for Brian as running this is quite a commitment on his part. To Note: Brian is a mere humble servant of the BOTL and does not expect anything more than fairness.

Tom, bummer that store is closed as that's a good hookup especially for NY. Having no vested interest in this pass and having partipated in many BP's before I always look to spur on the spirit of give and take as I always have myself. I feel the back and forth of P/T's although part of the process can get hectic and I feel for Brian as running this is quite a commitment on his part. To Note: Brian is a mere humble servant of the BOTL and does not expect anything more than fairness.

FYI.. I am NOT EricDriscoll nor did I put him up to that response, but thanks !! :)