• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The everlasting gobstopper pass

So where we standing with this pass??? Not our finest hour guys. Who's up? What'z up! :sign:

I will say that its not right for you to have not answered any of my emails or PMs. I think that you are being given alot of leeway given your time on CP, and the fact that you are one of it's favorite members. Hell, I still love you!  Let's just say that if a newbie acted the way you did he would have been seriously flamed. I can tell you that I am not the only one that feels this way either.

???

I'd already sent to package out via UPS by the time I saw your PM's/emails so there wasn't anything to discuss. I don't get the "acted the way you did" part, WTF did I do? Changing the rules in the middle of the game (penalty sticks) and NOT knowing your postal abbreviations is what caused the problem here, not me.

Put yourself in my place, I come home at midnight on Friday, three days before Election Day and there's a box at my back door. I had no idea what it even was, no PM's or emails telling me it was coming, etc. I open it up on Saturday (after 12:00 p.m., the post office was already closed), figure out what this THIRTEEN POUND box is then, realize it's your pass so I check the thread only to see this:
lack of planning in the rotation??? i set it up geographicly...its not up to me to check everyones schedules.
nope...no grace period...nada. he could have switched spots with someone else. i made it clear when i started this that there would be NO excuses 

sorry bill
I'm like, "geographicly" (sp - no such word ;) ) how is North Carolina to Connecticut to MISSISSIPPI to New Jersey in any kind of order that makes sense at all? THEN seeing I owe some friggin "penalty" that WAS NOT part of the rules when I asked in?

So, I'm supposed to cough up eight "penalty" Havanas ($50.00+ worth of cigars) AND spend $20.00 to ship this to Mississippi and not be the slightest bit upset by this?

Yeah, okay, right........ I deserved to be flamed? I don't think so.

C'mon, I want to see the opinions of those who
feel(s) this way either.

Never mind PM's where ya only hear one side of the story, read the thread, decide for yourself and have the guts to post openly

I'm gonna bow out of this. I've been involved in enough bad karma passes.

other1 said:
I'm gonna bow out of this. I've been involved in enough bad karma passes.
Jason doesn't wanna lug a 14 pound box twenty blocks on foot through downtown Manhattan to the post office in November and I don't blame him ;)

Then of course ya got the mail-signed-for-and-received-by-the-aparment-building scenario that doesn't necessarily mean that Jason received it that day so when does the penalty stick clock start running?

Once again, box weight & penalty sticks factors..........

At least these issues are up for reconsideration........

popcorn.jpg

Move along, nothing to see here.............

A learning experience that can do nothing but improve future passes ;)

coventrycat86 said:
Move along, nothing to see here.............

A learning experience that can do nothing but improve future passes ;)
ditto :D on we go...

Calm down everyone

The make up of this box was a mistake at the outset. The use of 2 otters added weight and bulk. I saw that when the box came to me. How to correct this at this point is a problem. Smartest thing would be to remove the otters and substitute a couple of Tupperware type boxes.

Penalizing players for being late only creates hard feelings as shown now. Lets cut some slack and eliminate this feature of the pass and everyone get on with it.

Peter

Pepe said:
Calm down everyone

The make up of this box was a mistake at the outset.  The use of 2 otters added weight and bulk.  I saw that when the box came to me.  How to correct this at this point is a problem.  Smartest thing would be to remove the otters and substitute a couple of Tupperware type boxes. 

Penalizing players for being late only creates hard feelings as shown now.  Lets cut some slack and eliminate this feature of the pass and everyone get on with it. 

Peter
Ya forgot the FL to TN to NC to CT to MISSISSIPPI to NJ part ;)

Pepe said:
Calm down everyone

The make up of this box was a mistake at the outset. The use of 2 otters added weight and bulk. I saw that when the box came to me. How to correct this at this point is a problem. Smartest thing would be to remove the otters and substitute a couple of Tupperware type boxes.

Penalizing players for being late only creates hard feelings as shown now. Lets cut some slack and eliminate this feature of the pass and everyone get on with it.

Peter
Already done pepe...Cliff (the next stop) is going to be replacing otterboxes with tupperware. If you read my previous post you will see that after having talked with alot of folks, the penalty stick rule is history!

barney

coventrycat86 said:
Ya forgot the FL to TN to NC to CT to MISSISSIPPI to NJ part ;)
Yup he has, but you haven't ;) I have appologized for my illiteracy publicly...i have also volunteered to pay shipping costs incured.

im ready to move on...and i think these improvements will make for a better experience for all!

barney

I think that what got this thing started down the wrong track was Barney's big heart. Original pass was going to be 10 people, ended up twice that big. Literally got too big. Let's keep the spirit of this thing going, it's been a lot of fun.

Gregor

gregor22 said:
I think that what got this thing started down the wrong track was Barney's big heart. Original pass was going to be 10 people, ended up twice that big. Literally got too big. Let's keep the spirit of this thing going, it's been a lot of fun.

Gregor
dooooooooooooooooooooh greg im gettin all tingley ;) thanks man!!!

bill gimmee a kiss :love:

1Z 05W 785 03 4086 030 8

Tracking this reminds me of tracking other packaes :love:

:D