• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The frustration of the ammo shortage

Apparently, 300 Savage is getting rare. I saw a box of 20 today for $80

Most pistol calibers are back on the shelves here, except 380. Can't find any goose shells to save my life either.
I can stop at the cabelas out my way and check for you. I seem to remember them have a good amount of shells the last time I was there.

Funny story about back when ammo was reasonably priced.

My son, my nephew, and I were getting into long distance shooting and they both had 22-250 rifles In preparation for a prairie dog hunt in Colorado, I bought a .223 and they both made fun of me saying "why don't you just use a BB gun" blah blah blah, they were relentless!

Then I found that my gun liked Fiocchi ammo and I bought 1000 rounds for $400 ...... the BS started again ..... why don't you just get some WWII ammo, blah blah blah, they were relentless.

When I showed them that the ballistics between a 22-250 and a .223 is a few percentage points different, and I then took $400 worth of ammo to Colorado and they had to pay $1200 for 1000 rounds, they didn't say much. When my gun and ammo shot better than theirs over the course of week, they both bought .223's and bought Fiocchi ammo. Now, I am relentless!:)

I can stop at the cabelas out my way and check for you. I seem to remember them have a good amount of shells the last time I was there.
Appreciate it, I've got enough to make it through the season though.

Appreciate it, I've got enough to make it through the season though.
I never made it due to the snow storm. But, I am going tomorrow. My local store got some primers in! Christmas in January. If he has any shells, I'll grab some.

What snow storm?
Anything over one inch is considered a snow storm now. These storms significantly affect my workload. Storms are knee jerk reactions at work, dumb.

And just like that, 11 degrees this morning.

Anything over one inch is considered a snow storm now. These storms significantly affect my workload. Storms are knee jerk reactions at work, dumb.

And just like that, 11 degrees this morning.
No seriously, where do you live? I didn’t know if you were talking about the same storm(s) I experienced.