• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The GAS Pass 2009

OK...everyone is still asleep...Shhhhh

Here's my first shot....

Take: 43) Trinidad Fundadores '07 ======>Put:Cohiba Robusto '07

Take: 50) Diplomáticos No. 1 '07 =======>Put: Trinidad Coloniales '07

Take: 95) Tat RC184 ==============>Put: Winston Churchill Marrakesh

Put: RASS '07

Put: Oliva Series V Maduro Torpedo

#1 is good
#2 is good
#3 ..... With a cursory glance I thought this one was good but comparing apples to apples the average on the RC 184 is approx. $1 more than the W.C. according to the only sites that have them listed here. But.........

#3 Take: 95) Tat RC184 ==============>Put: Partagas 160 Robusto

Thanks guys

:rolleyes: ...... that'll work. :thumbs:

I had it at .60. The prices of the Tats seem to be dropping and I didn't find anyone discounting the Davidoff WC. I bought two 4 packs from Jack Schwartz at MSRP last Fall. That's cool, the replacement of the Party 160 worked even better.

This morning I did a physical count number-by-number and a little house cleaning to redistributed the cigars in the two Tupperwares. It worked out that 1-99 went in one and 100-up went into the other with the cigar counts basically the same in each....I put a label on each bag to reflect the numbering. Now it should be easier to find your Take. The humidity in both is on the high side, but acceptable considering the warm weather it's traveling in.

I went back over the cigar file on the jump drive and added the members that weren't on there, marked a few cigars that were now listed as damaged, and switched #139 & #140. My computer skills aren't the best, so someone best check it out as we move along :laugh:

I added some more singles bags as well.

The box swap went great and we have a nice new home for the Gas Pass to travel in....now on to DeVonn.

DeVonn just called and we will meet up tomorrow night for the handoff at his B&M...which also may be getting some new Opus.

PM amateuraficionado for all your Opus needs....but don't delay!

...because he can't do this all day :laugh:
shamwow-opus.jpg

To all the remaining brothers in the pass,

If you have not already learned of my current situation, you can read about it here. Being in the middle of the pass complicates my plight even further. I'm going to be completely honest and open with everyone and I'll be very succinct and save you a long-winded emotional outpouring.

I simply don't have the time, energy, emotional stability, and mental fortitude to manage the remainder of my pass. I know it's an extremely unfortunate situation, but I simply cannot predict nor control the direction my life is taking. It's a horrible dilemma, and I still am not quite sure how to solve it.

From the onset, this pass has been about the brotherhood and has been ran as a democracy. My situation does not change this. Thus, I will put it up to the remaining passers what they wish to do with the rest of the pass. We have the following options, all of which I have confirmed are okay with Rod:

1) I have asked Jonesy, jfields, khari, and KingAntz to run the pass in my absence. I feel guilty asking for a such a tremendous favor, but all four of them were willing to help. The contests would still be ran fairly and whatnot.
2) We can cancel the remainder of the pass and have it mailed back to me. I can pick a couple random winners to make good on the contests.

Also, the overwhelming medical bills that I will incur over the next several months has forced me to sell off any and all extras in my life for the time being. All my excess "toys" will be gone as soon as I can find a buyer for any of them - a couple watches, a TV, various computer parts, maybe even my bike. One of the extras I am selling is nearly my entire cigar collection. I have sold about a dozen boxes thus far locally, and will be selling more boxes and fivers on the site. My goal is to get ahead on all of my bills because I will almost definitely be forced into unemployment this entire summer. I have spoken at length with Rod, KingAntz, khari, jfields, and Jonesy about what to do with the contents of my pass. I'm well aware that it's a very touchy subject. Rod has offered his complete support with whatever I decide.

This creates another dilemma - how does one rationalize selling the contents of a pass the moment it lands back to them? Quite simply, I don't really have much of a choice. I realize many brothers have put insanely generous overputs into the pass, and these will be handled on a case by case basis. Again, I have spoken with Rod and many others, and it has been suggested to break up the pass and create raffles/auctions or something similar. Rod has given permission for whatever is necessary.

I simply do not know what to do, and will leave it to everyone to decide the fate of the pass.

God bless... take care everyone.

Gary, thanks so much for taking care of the pass.

As far as what happens with the pass when it is done, I think it strictly up to you. I'm sure there will be a few that don't agree with my view, but that's ok also. The way I look at it is, the sticks that started out in the pass were yours, people are making trades for them, therefore they are yours to do with as you please. As far as overputs are concerned, that was the choice of the passer, you didn't ask for that. As far as John and I making puts without taking, I have no problem with you parting with them either. I would rather see you sell them to help with your situation, then for you to send them back to me.
I suggest we finish the pass, it comes back to one of the four of us, we break it into fivers that are auctioned off, then send you the proceeds to you to help with your situation Jeff. This has become about taking care of one of our own, so petty differences need to be put aside.

I second that emotion. In fact, my thought about the pass is that Jeff leave it to us from this point forward.

Jeff

I'm sure I speak for all in saying that I'm sorry to learn of the personal challenges you are facing, and I wish you nothing but the best as you move forward. Our prayers and thoughts will be with you during what is surely a very difficult time.

With regard to the Pass, from my perspective as one of the remaining passers I would have no problem with the Pass concluding at this point. I can only speak for myself, but it seems like the least complicated option. There will always be other Passes.

Keep strong Jeff.

Doc

Jeff...

Continue the pass with the guys running it. When it's complete, bag the contests and sell/raffle off it's contents to help out with your bills. They're just cigars and we all have plenty more of them...but remember, we only have one jlada :laugh: and we all prefer to have him around for years to come.

My cigars are now your cigars...do with them as you see fit my friend.

Hang in there :thumbs:

As far as what happens with the pass when it is done, I think it strictly up to you. I'm sure there will be a few that don't agree with my view, but that's ok also. The way I look at it is, the sticks that started out in the pass were yours, people are making trades for them, therefore they are yours to do with as you please. As far as overputs are concerned, that was the choice of the passer, you didn't ask for that. As far as John and I making puts without taking, I have no problem with you parting with them either. I would rather see you sell them to help with your situation, then for you to send them back to me.
I suggest we finish the pass, it comes back to one of the four of us, we break it into fivers that are auctioned off, then send you the proceeds to you to help with your situation Jeff. This has become about taking care of one of our own, so petty differences need to be put aside.

x2
What my brother said!
Couldn't have put it into better words myself.

Between the four of us, we can organize something happily Jeff. Anyone in the pass who reads this and has a problem with your puts being sold/auctioned, please PM me and your sticks will either go back to you, or Jeff.....Your choice. I guarantee you complete confidentiality.

X2

Brian

Jeff,

I understand this is one of, if not the, most difficult times in your life. Even though it's suggested that the pass be left under the supervision of some of CP's finest botl's, it's still something that will remain "hanging out there" so to speak, until it's conclusion. I am not averse at all to ending the pass now so it's one less thing that you have to waste even a thought on. The cigars in this pass are your property and it is up to you to do with them what you see fit. Whether they be sold, auctioned, raffled or otherwise is completely up to you and I'm with you whatever you decide. I'd recommend just holding on to a handful of the finest to celebrate when you're back to 100%! Whatever you decide, I'm with you man.

As has been said, take care of you Jeff, that's most important. Don't stress at all over the pass, as was said, they're only cigars my friend!

To those left in the pass, I say speak up if you want to continue on. If it's agreed to simply end the pass, then lets get this baby where it needs to go and do what needs to be done. I say the sooner this is behind Jeff, the sooner he can really start focusing on more important things he's dealing with.

As has been said, take care of you Jeff, that's most important. Don't stress at all over the pass, as was said, they're only cigars my friend!

To those left in the pass, I say speak up if you want to continue on. If it's agreed to simply end the pass, then lets get this baby where it needs to go and do what needs to be done. I say the sooner this is behind Jeff, the sooner he can really start focusing on more important things he's dealing with.

In my opinion Jeff and his health are the most important here. If this pass is out there and in his mind I say end it now and get it back to him so he can sell/auction it off and focus on himself! If we decide to keep it going with the brothers mentioned running it I'm fine with that as well with the caveat that I am making puts without takes. Jeff has my permission to do as he pleases with the cigars I place in the pass as he does with anything I've ever sent him.

X2 on everyone's above posts. I agree Jeff is most important here and lets get him the dough for his bills and life right now.

We are praying for you Jeff! Please do not worry about the pass right now. If anyone can handle this its the named BOTLS.

Darin

I agree that if this is a burden for Jeff then we end it now, however if Jeff can sleep at night without this on his mind and be confident it can take it's coarse then lets Git R Done. I also agree that once the cigars are in the pass, they are your property until you approve the trade. Do what you will with them and let's pray they help you get out of this hole and back with us..

First of all, my thoughts and prayers are with you Jeff. I'm sorry to hear about this and I've been so busy lately myself I didn't see your other thread and I regret that.

The only things I want to say are that one, I don't think anyone in this community will raise any kind of fuss with whatever you decide to do with your smokes, and smokes in this pass. They are yours when the pass is returned to you, you do what you want with them. You are being very open with everyone now and trust me, it will be no issue.

And two, should the pass continue, I'd like to say that Jeff, nor any of the remaining passers, should sweat whatsoever about how this group of guys will handle the pass. Jonesy, jfields, khari, and KingAntz are top notch guys and I would have no reservation in trusting them to handle this fairly.

Get well Jeff.

I have no problem with ending the pass. Some things are more important than cigars. Jeff, I don't know what your situation is, but good luck to you.

If the pass continues, go ahead and drop my name from the list. My job situation within the company has changed recently and I'll be doing a lot of traveling in the near future and I don't know the exact dates yet. I can't promise I'll be available to receive the pass when my turn comes up.

Hope everything works out for everybody. This pass was quite the undertaking and I know Jeff put a lot of work into it.

I agree with Greg. Jeff, focus on what's important.

Jeff, sorry to hear things have been difficult and I have no issues with the direction you are taking with the pass..........it's all gas anyways, right?

Be strong and we'll keep you in our prayers Brother!