• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Glenlivet 18 y/o

bubbaco

I see mention quite a bit of cigars and single malt scotch being a welcome combination by many. I don't ever drink much more than beer and had never tried Scotch so I start asking my friends if they like Scotch and I only find one guy who likes it. I pose this question to my brother-in-law last week; he's never tried it. But, the next day he shows up with a bottle of The Glenlivet 18 y/o. We open it up and the first thing that comes to my mind when smelling it was applejuice. Tasting it, I didnt recognize apples, more like a spiced buttery toffee with a pleasant warmth. I thought it was very smooth (from my novice point of view). The first glass I did straight and the second glass I did on the rocks. Straight is better IMO. Turns out I like this and I can see how it might bring out some flavors in a cigar.

Searching here I dont see much reference to the 18 y/o Glenlivet, so I thought I'd ask for others opinions on this one. Being a novice and liking this I can recommend it to those that don't know any better. But, is it anything more than a 'beginners' Scotch? I can get the 750ml bottle for $52, is that a decent price?

tks

I actually just bought this bottle a couple of days ago for $59.99, I liked the 12 so I figured the 18 should be as good or better. I've only tried about 10 single malts but this my favorite so far. I think its complex enough to be more than just a beginners scotch but its also a good place to start. I think $52 is a good price considering its a 18 year old, I would pay more if I had to.

The Glenlivet 18 is not a beginners scotch and $52 is a great price for it.

The Glenlivet 18 is not a beginners scotch and $52 is a great price for it.

What would you recommend for a beginner? I had some
Balvenie Doublewood 12 Year that I really liked for it being my first glass of scotch.

You picked one of my recommendations already, for others the search function works pretty well :whistling:

What would you recommend for a beginner? I had some
Balvenie Doublewood 12 Year that I really liked for it being my first glass of scotch.