• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Hot Potato Bomb

I had also noticed a few wrapper issues. I didn't pull every cigar out of the bags, and left them closed as much as possible, so not every cigar got a close inspection by me.

As far as the water pillow, I'm surprised. I made sure nothing was too wet or too dry, although I did add water to one or 2 of them.

Sorry if I damaged anything with the water. If you want to send it back my way I'll replace anything that was in it when I sent it out, then get it back on it's way.

I can assure you that I the wrapper damage was not on my part, as I made sure to replace the beat up box with a new one, and added more padding then how I received it.

Like I said, give me the opportunity to fix anything I may have hurt, and I will do so. I hope none of the more expensive sticks were hurt.

Thanks

I had also noticed a few wrapper issues. I didn't pull every cigar out of the bags, and left them closed as much as possible, so not every cigar got a close inspection by me.

As far as the water pillow, I'm surprised. I made sure nothing was too wet or too dry, although I did add water to one or 2 of them.

Sorry if I damaged anything with the water. If you want to send it back my way I'll replace anything that was in it when I sent it out, then get it back on it's way.

I can assure you that I the wrapper damage was not on my part, as I made sure to replace the beat up box with a new one, and added more padding then how I received it.

Like I said, give me the opportunity to fix anything I may have hurt, and I will do so. I hope none of the more expensive sticks were hurt.

Thanks

OK, I still have this box. Life got in the way. :angry: She'll go out early in the week.

Andrew, you are fine. The wrapper problems obviously predated your handling. The wet smokes were turds, so no worries.

I have to say this is pretty cool. From the look of things this has been going on for almost 3 years now!! Does anyone have a list of where this thing has been. It would be cool to see how many times its made it across the states!

Thanks

OK, I still have this box. Life got in the way. :angry: She'll go out early in the week.

Andrew, you are fine. The wrapper problems obviously predated your handling. The wet smokes were turds, so no worries.

Is there an update for this thing? :)

Think it went MIA. I hear the USPS and UPS guys have the best smokes. :whistling:

Remember guys, this thing doesn't have to be sent back out....that's solely up to the guy that receives it. With 4 straight "where's it at" this needed to be brought up before someone who doesn't know the rules of this, starts bashing someone because it's not been sent out in a timely manner.

Remember guys, this thing doesn't have to be sent back out....that's solely up to the guy that receives it. With 4 straight "where's it at" this needed to be brought up before someone who doesn't know the rules of this, starts bashing someone because it's not been sent out in a timely manner.

Oh my god where is it!!!?!!???? I'm going to track down whoever had it and send them some rotten fish! that'll show them!!!! Why hasn't it been sent on yet?!

(I'm kidding, and I understand, I think we're just curious for an update)

Someone start another one....I was thinking of doing it but I wouldn't be able to supply many good smokes. If you read through this you'll see there were 2 or 3 of these things bouncing around at one point. Just an idea. :whistling:

I finally got it to the post yesterday. Just trying to build the suspense. :p OK, not really, but It's been hectic lately with the new job and what naught.

DC# 03073330000051747106

p.s. No rotten fish please!

With some guidance I would be happy to put a box together and get another bomb circulating if that would be a good idea!?
Any thoughts?

With some guidance I would be happy to put a box together and get another bomb circulating if that would be a good idea!?
Any thoughts?

Gather cigars, seal in box, send to unsuspecting victim.

Actually, I would keep em at $5 or less, and I'd chose a newbie to cigars, not necessarily to the board. Print a copy of the Potato rules - should be the first post in this thread and put it in there. Also, create a travel log.

Any thoughts?

Actually, I would keep em at $5 or less, and I'd chose a newbie to cigars, not necessarily to the board. Print a copy of the Potato rules - should be the first post in this thread and put it in there. Also, create a travel log.

Sounds Good! I will put one together.
I'm asking this question here, rather than in a PM, just so others will get the info too. When you say "create a travel log." I take that to be a piece of paper in the box listing where it came from and went and allowing places for whom ever sends it on to write where it is going next. Yes?
Thanks!
Dave

Any thoughts?

Sounds Good! I will put one together.
I'm asking this question here, rather than in a PM, just so others will get the info too. When you say "create a travel log." I take that to be a piece of paper in the box listing where it came from and went and allowing places for whom ever sends it on to write where it is going next. Yes?
Thanks!
Dave

Last time I saw the Tater, it had a piece of notebook paper as a log.

Well, not sure how it happened, but the Hot Potato Bomb found its way back to me for a second time in less than two months....

Found a box at work and was rather surprised as I wasn't anticipating anything -- no recent purchases, nothing. So I opened up the box and there are baggies of cigars and no note -- so WTF? I dug to the bottom and there the bomb notification was staring at me.

I grabbed a stick, put in another, and sealed it up. Will send out later tomorrow to keep it going. Hope the next person enjoys!!!!!

I'll post a DC# when I get it.....

So, who's next???? Hmmmmm.....

HOT POTATO BOMB #2

I GIVE UP!!
I'm not getting the Ps & Ts unless I ask for them so I'm just going to let go and let it take care of itself.

Here's a list:

• 1. Partagas 1845 Robusto
  • 2. Punch Pico Bonito
  • 3. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Toro, Perdomo lot 23 Montecristo Platinum Series (Toro?)
  • 4. Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully, Chateau Fuente Sungrown, La Aurora 1495 Series Robusto Ashton VSG Tres Mystique
  • 5. La Flor de Cano Toro – maduro
  • 6. Rocky Patel Sun Grown Robusto, Vegas de Fonseca Sobrinos, Cuvee Blanc Robusto
  • 7. C.E. Beck y Ca. Corona
  • 8. Indios Maxima Reserva Grand Corona
  • 9. Padron Delicias, Padillia Obsidian Belicoso, Punch Rare Corojo Crystale
  • 10. Jose L. Piedra, Crema Cuvee Blanc Robusto, CAO Brazilia
  • 11. Montecruz / Dunhill Sun Grown #255 Don Lino Colorado Corona
  • 12. Oliva G Robusto, Camacho triple maduro, 5 Vegas 'A' Toro
  • 13. Plasencia Reserva Organica Corona Cabaiguan Guapos Junior
  • 14. Camacho Negro Double Robusto, Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 - Second
  • 15. Vibe Corojo Robusto Victor Sinclair Primeros Chisel tip churchill
  • 16. CI Legends Green – Reyes – Toro
  • 17. Reo Robusto Macanudo Portofino
  • 18. 5 Vegas Corona
  • 19. Flor de Farach Petit Lancero
  • 20. Rocky Patel Old World Reserve – Maduro, Punch Gran Puro
  • 21. Cohiba Robusto Fino
  • 22. La Aroma de Cuba Corona, Fonseca Habana Selecion Fuente Rothchilds Maduro
  • 23. Gurka Toro Tatuaje Series P Churchill, CI Legends Yellow -Don Pepin Garcia- Toro
  • 24. Gispert Churchill
  • 25. Sol Cubano Connecticut Padron 3000 Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully
  • 26. Cuba Libre 5 ½ x 50 box pressed
  • 27. Rocky Patel Honduran Classic Robusto, LFD Double Ligero, Gurkha Black Puro Cuvee Blanc
  • 28. Cusano 18 Connecticut Robusto
  • 29. Rocky Patel Fusion Torpedo
  • 30. Carlos Torano 1916 Robusto, HDM Excalibur 1066, Rocky Patel Connecticut Torpedo
  • 31. Rocky Patel 1992 Robusto, Arturo Fuente Curly Head Corona
  • 32. Montecristo White Torpedo No.2, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Toro Camacho SLR Toro Maduro
  • 33. A Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Grand Corona, Leoninos (Aurora) Corojito Tubo
  • 34. Rocky Patel 1990 (second)
  • 35. 5 Vegas "A" Archetype Toro, Avo Domaine Robusto, Oliva Series G Toro
  • 36. NUb Connecticut Gurkha Nepalese Warrior
  • 37. Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto – second, La Gloria Cubana Maduro Petit Lancero
  • 38. Sol Cubano Maduro Toro, Padron 2000 Natural, El Rey Del Mundo Oscuro Toro Padron Londres Maduro Oliva Serie G Special G
  • 39. CI Legends Orange (Rocky Patel) Toro, Romeo Y Julietta Aniversario, Fonseca Sun Grown Cedaro #4
  • 40. Rocky Patel Connecticut Torpedo, NUb Cameroon Arturo Fuente Sungrown Royal Salute
  • 41. Double Happiness Churchill, and a Macanudo Tobacco sampler
  • 42. Oliva Series V Belicoso, Nub Habano, Joya de Nicaragua Anano Churchill
  • 43. Oliva Serie V Lancero
I have updated this list with the puts and takes of which I am aware. If the participants will keep me updated I will update the list!

Veterans, when you see that this is getting too depleted let me know and I will get it back and refresh and rebuild it.

Thanks to all!

It's probably not too ordinary, the idea behind the thing is to be pretty pleasing for noobs, more than more experienced members...

Sounds perfect. And definitely not too little. Seems like (after reading up on the HP) that people tend to put a little more in than they take. Looks like a great start to another hot potato.

Derek

Nice one, Dave. Now send that puppy out to some unsuspecting noob. :thumbs: