• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Howard House Herf

I can eat and drink at Ropewalk for the price of coffee at the Havana Club.
Ouch. Then the Havana Club sounds to be a bad option for me.

Bobby, sorry for not responding to you sooner. I am now completely done with the semester's work. How does a Tuesday or Thursday in January sound? Jan 2 or Jan 4? We could meet at the Howard House and talk about some of these possibilities in detail.

Steve, I'm sort of with you on the long drive. Nowadays I have to struggle to work up the energy to drive an hour or more, herf, and drive back.

If we can scare up a couple of botl's to make it a bit larger of a get together then that would provide more incentive for me to drag my butt down south. :D

Wilkey

No problem guys...Havana Club makes you pay somewhat for the ambiance.

I've PM'ed Ludwig re: this thread. Ropewalk is fine by me, but I have defer to Ludwig's experience as I haven't been there for a little while.

Either way, I look forward to hanging out with you all. Wilkey, I'm flexible next week. You pick a day and I'm there.

I can eat and drink at Ropewalk for the price of coffee at the Havana Club.

Hahaha good point. Havana Club is nice to go to once in awhile but it is pricey. As for Ropewalk I have never asked the owners prior to throwing a herf there. They either put us at the sidebar or upstairs.

Look for a Baltimore Herf in the New Year! Harbor Court Hotel is also another great place for a smoke!

Oh I have never smoked at Gecko's before either but I know the owner and can ask!

Before I took us on a tangent, we had tossed out either Jan. 2nd or 4th for a possible herf at HH.

I'm available either day. Is there a better day that works for you fine gentlemen?

I look forward to meeting the HH regulars.

Rob

Cant make either...look for a herf sometime late January or early Feb in Baltimore.

Before I took us on a tangent, we had tossed out either Jan. 2nd or 4th for a possible herf at HH.

I'm available either day. Is there a better day that works for you fine gentlemen?

I look forward to meeting the HH regulars.

Rob
I'll still be recovering on the 2nd, 4th is better for me.

How does a Saturday look at the Howard House? I figure I could take the wife to dinner and get a herf in. The workday night meetings would be difficult at best to get to.

How does a Saturday look at the Howard House? I figure I could take the wife to dinner and get a herf in. The workday night meetings would be difficult at best to get to.

That would be better for me also. LMK Ray if you bring your wife, Ginger will want to come along too.

If not a Saturday, I could make it up for a few hours on the 4th. Or I could do both. :)

If it is a Saturday then you can bet the wife will come. Who's the official date picker for this place?

The 13th will work for me, but we can't get there til after 5pm, cause the wife just reminded me that I have to work 2 more mandatory Saturdays in January, the 13th and 20th. :angry:

Wilkey, Steve, Bobby, AVB what say ye?

13th works for us. My wife will come if Ginger does. I guess she needs someone to talk to. :rolleyes:

I would be interested in meeting Jan. 4 for a smoke with Mr. Wolf (of course, all are welcome :)). I'd also do January 13th with the larger group.

Wilkey sent a PM suggesting that Jan. 4 works for him. We didn't discuss dates later in January so perhaps the 13th would work for him as well.

13th works for us. My wife will come if Ginger does. I guess she needs someone to talk to. :rolleyes:
LMAO!! They can sit in the corner and talk about us. :laugh:

Bobby, I'll meet ya on the 4th, providing I don't forget, lol. I can get there between around 6 pm. Hopefully Wilkey and Steve can make it, too.

We'll be going there for dinner and I figure to get there between 3:30 and 4 to eat so if the herf starts at 5 I'll be ready.

The 13th will work for me, but we can't get there til after 5pm, cause the wife just reminded me that I have to work 2 more mandatory Saturdays in January, the 13th and 20th. :angry:

Wilkey, Steve, Bobby, AVB what say ye?

A definite maybe! An emphatic hopefully? I'll know as we get closer to the date but you can pencil me in for now. OK? ;)

It sounds like Saturday is much better for some of you and it may be OK for me if I don't have to work. I just can't predict this far out and right now money takes priority over herfing. I know, that sounds sacreligious, doesn't it!?! :laugh:

BTW, I was laid off for a bit so it's "low budget" time. No long trips or cigar purchases for a couple weeks or longer. :( Ironically, I should be back to work just in time to interfere with the herf - maybe.

The 4th sounds great to me for an intimate meet and greet.

I'm afraid Friday/Saturday/Sunday from 2:00PM onward are almost always out for me due to childcare responsibilities. You guys have a great time on the 13th!

Wilkey

PS. Crap. Sorry to hear about the layoff, Steve.

Tenative for the 13th, there may be a good possiblity I am in DC that day.