• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The LEAF FUND

Lots of red on the screen today. The market sure did not like the treasury sec new plan.

Wow that's an understatement!

Hey do you guys have a stomach for some AIG, for under $1?

That's a tough one. It seems so inviting, but lookin' at this one is like playing limbo...."how low caaannn it go" It does seem to have found some short term support at .90 though. This could pay at some point well into the future, but I'd use the same money you'd take to the tables at AC, imvho.

Yeah.... well I'm learnin'!

Hoping to make some change on BAC now. Gonna be a long afternoon watching her though. If she turns around like the other day .... I'm dead meat. Have to hold her until tomorrow. It's almost to scary to watch.

Edit: oh shit someone bought almost 2 mi share at market .... ever wish you didn't hit enter? :(

edit:

Just picked up some DRYS @ 5.79 :thumbs:

Well I survived BAC real nice!

Now DRYS on the other hand had me by the short hairs most of the afternoon! It made a comeback end-of-day to almost even. I'm setting a stop loss @ 5.41 :sign:

Here's one I like.... PARL :cool:

Apparently BAC is the hot new trade amongst many traders with at least a 15% swing on a daily basis. PARL makes me a little nervous only because of the average trading volume. I tend to steer clear of any stocks that don't have an avg. volume of at least 300K shares/day unless they look particularly enticing. I'd like to take a closer look at this one.

Well looks like Rob was right on the money!

SIRI is going to take us down with the ship! We can get out now with around $50 in our pockets... or just hang on for wing and a prayer and let 'em have that with the other $500+ we gave 'em!

VOTE PLEASE!

As for PARL ... it is a low volume stock. I'm just thinking Valentines Day will give it a boost from a low it hasn't seen in a rather LONG LONG....LOOOONG... TIME!

:sign:

MY Thinking has cost you guys some money in the past though! LOL

Well looks like Rob was right on the money!

SIRI is going to take us down with the ship! We can get out now with around $50 in our pockets... or just hang on for wing and a prayer and let 'em have that with the other $500+ we gave 'em!

VOTE PLEASE!

As for PARL ... it is a low volume stock. I'm just thinking Valentines Day will give it a boost from a low it hasn't seen in a rather LONG LONG....LOOOONG... TIME!

:sign:

MY Thinking has cost you guys some money in the past though! LOL

I vote we go under with SIRI, $50 can't buy much these days, LOL

IMHO - SIRI is dead - If you can get $ 50, then I would take it. As for the perfume company - in this economy - I don't see that doing much.

Do we have LVLT? If not, since it is now seeing positive CF, maybe we should look at that.

As for AIG, I think it will be around $ 1.00 for a long time. The government has basically taken it over. I would say it is in the same pile as Fannie/Freddie. They are both under $ 1.00. I don't think these are going to do anything.

Just my $ .02 worth.

Anything you do is fine by me.

IMHO - SIRI is dead - If you can get $ 50, then I would take it. As for the perfume company - in this economy - I don't see that doing much.

Do we have LVLT? If not, since it is now seeing positive CF, maybe we should look at that.

As for AIG, I think it will be around $ 1.00 for a long time. The government has basically taken it over. I would say it is in the same pile as Fannie/Freddie. They are both under $ 1.00. I don't think these are going to do anything.

Just my $ .02 worth.

LVLT posted its first profit in 6 years and the market is liking it. Yesterday would have been best, but today ain't bad. Up 10% on the day.

Just my $ .02 worth.

Nice insite Rob.

vote tally

2- neah

2 - yeah

3 -yeah on LVLT

EDIT- LVLT is really attractive now! It's down .30 from it's high today... I don't get this with the good news... unless... shorts are covering with low sell and the bulls side hasn't caught 'em with their pants down!

Sorry Michael, dump SIRI. Might be too late to grab LVLT, but yes to that.

Get SIRI....it's a good risk for pennies. (like $.07 a share?)

If they tank in Chap. 11, then you lose. If they get restructured and bought...you win!

Leaf Fund aside, what do you guys think of Continental(CAL). It has a very interesting chart. It's bounced between the mid $10's, where it's shown considerable stability, and the low $20's twice since October. It's pretty wild. It took about 3 weeks to run from $10+ to $20+ in October. It then took another 3 weeks to do a complete reversal to where it started. It then made the same run over the following 5-6 weeks, and now approx. 5 weeks later, it's back where it started. So, does it break it's resistance in the mid $10's, or does it turn around and go for a third?(Actually fourth if you count the run from July to October off it's 52 week low)

Leaf Fund aside, what do you guys think of Continental(CAL). It has a very interesting chart. It's bounced between the mid $10's, where it's shown considerable stability, and the low $20's twice since October. It's pretty wild. It took about 3 weeks to run from $10+ to $20+ in October. It then took another 3 weeks to do a complete reversal to where it started. It then made the same run over the following 5-6 weeks, and now approx. 5 weeks later, it's back where it started. So, does it break it's resistance in the mid $10's, or does it turn around and go for a third?(Actually fourth if you count the run from July to October off it's 52 week low)

Ouch - Down 15% today. Maybe today is the day to buy it. I don't follow the airlines, so I have no opinion ( imagine that :laugh: ) -

Ouch - Down 15% today. Maybe today is the day to buy it. I don't follow the airlines, so I have no opinion ( imagine that :laugh: ) -

I know! That makes it even more tempting. I'm inclined to initiate a position today and if it goes a little lower scoop up some more. Take a look at the chart, it's unbelieveable! The range is so well defined, like clockwork.

Looks like LVLT might have a good day. Bruce has been cutting expenses.

Boy was I wrong ....... Again

It was up 10%, now down 10% - I figured with the positive news it would pop 30-40 cents.

Bruce took a 19% pay cut, BTW. As to why the spiral, I'm clueless. Might be the sharks circling on a securities class action suit that personally I think has no merit.

It was up 10%, now down 10% - I figured with the positive news it would pop 30-40 cents.

Bruce took a 19% pay cut, BTW. As to why the spiral, I'm clueless. Might be the sharks circling on a securities class action suit that personally I think has no merit.

FUG IT! We're in LVLT @ .925 I bought us an even 200 shares. I'll cover the extra! We have no cash left now!

I focking give up. Michael, sell the whole shebang and find a focking bookie and bet against sunrise. LVLT releases bad news, stock tanks. LVLT releases good news, stock tanks. LVLT announces first profitable quarter in six years (first one was a fluke) and stock tanks. WTF?LVLT should stop with press releases.

FUG IT! We're in LVLT @ .925 I bought us an even 200 shares. I'll cover the extra! We have no cash left now!

You're only down .025 afterhours! :thumbs: