• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The new CigarMagazine is out

Captain B

I just got a copy of the premier issue of Cigar Magazine. This is the new magazine from JR Cigars. I just flicked through it, but I recommend everyone pick up a copy. Seems the articles are well written and I think it'll be a winner. So far, it's more of my interests that CA.

That sounds like good news. I figured it would be geared toward more blue collar everyday smokers than the uber smokers.

Do you have anymore info on it? Where did you pick up a copy?

ALostTexan

Here I am posting on a thread other than the one I started.....I KNEW I shoulda checked page 2!!

On a very cursory flip through I didn't see anything specifically for Cuban lovers. The subscription offer is pretty nice though: a choice of 4 samplers, all of them decent, for a 2 year subscription. And the price is identical or nearly to CA's.

Plus, ditto all the other comments, including mine on my own thread! (Hmmmph!) :sign:

Also a VERY scary list of the excise tax rates some of you guys pay, depending on where you live. Thank god for mail order is all I can say!!

psyktek said:
Also a VERY scary list of the excise tax rates some of you guys pay, depending on where you live. Thank god for mail order is all I can say!!
I saw that too. Just had a conversation with the local cigar store .. they said the state wis moving towards charging excise tax on mailorderr tobacco :(
Nice Mag

I recieved a copy today, just want to say that Lew is a very good advertiser. :0 ;)

Got my (Free) copy yesterday but didin't get a good chance to go through it yet as I wanted too. Does look a lot like a JR advertisment mag with some Cuban stories...... :) :thumbs: :)

Got the mag. I'm not a JR guy so I wouldn't know if every brand in there was a JR brand. However, I find it absolutely mind boggling to read a cigar magazine and not have mention of Padron ANYWHERE. I know Padron is NOT a JR brand so I wonder if they will ever be in this magazine.

I did notice the small Habanos section, however, if this is going to be a glorified JR catalog, which are the indications IMO, I think I'll pass. ???

I'll stick to readin CP! :D

I'll check it out before I pass judgement, but it seems to be a glorified JR add

Rick, you'll never see a Padron cigar advertised or from sale at JR's. Lew sided with the other brother in the argument.

Got my free copy today, looks like a larger JR catalog...only useful thing in this issue was the Cuban Box price list.

They have cigar ratings though all JR Brands....I'll stick w/smoke magazine and CA

-P-

I think its a nice change - I like the articles. I have no use for Smoke, and next time I want to take a Lear Jet for a weekend at the Graycliff to buy $5000 suits, I'll pick up a copy of CA.

ricmac25 said:
Got the mag. I'm not a JR guy so I wouldn't know if every brand in there was a JR brand. However, I find it absolutely mind boggling to read a cigar magazine and not have mention of Padron ANYWHERE. I know Padron is NOT a JR brand so I wonder if they will ever be in this magazine.

I did notice the small Habanos section, however, if this is going to be a glorified JR catalog, which are the indications IMO, I think I'll pass. ???

I'll stick to readin CP! :D
Got my free copy today also, can agree with Rico! Why would anyone pay for a catalog? Especially one from JR!! ???

What a joke!! :(