• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Pittsburgh Steelers

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
The Steelers traded Santonio Holmes today for a 5th round pick to the Jets.

At first I thought "a fifth round pick" but after some thought it makes me proud to be a Steeler fan!

This sends a message to the players that Pittsburgh is not the place to act like idiots and it certainly isn't where thugs and losers coach and play like the city in southwest Ohio.

Here we go STEELERS!

You know after some thought on this trade it really never made any sense. Holmes a very promising #1 WR of the future for a 5th rounder seems silly. under the logic of Steelers getting rid of players that cause trouble, Big Stupid aka Ben will be gone next week. It really goes to show that there was alot more going on with getting rid of holmes so low, than we know of.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

You know after some thought on this trade it really never made any sense. Holmes a very promising #1 WR of the future for a 5th rounder seems silly. under the logic of Steelers getting rid of players that cause trouble, Big Stupid aka Ben will be gone next week. It really goes to show that there was alot more going on with getting rid of holmes so low, than we know of.

Ben is guilty of stupidity............Ben is one of the top 5 QB's in the league!

Smokey has been a problem since the day he arrived in camp, he has had numerous issues with the law which were not made public................Smokey is a very good wide receiver.

The Steeler's are an organization know for class, Ben doesn't seem to fit as the "face" of the franchise IMHO (assuming the other stories I have read are true). He has proven to be a good NFL QB, but I guess we will have to await today's outcomes to see what happens next.

Never thought this would ever happen in my life time. But I agree with a Browns fan......

The Steeler's are an organization know for class, Ben doesn't seem to fit as the "face" of the franchise IMHO (assuming the other stories I have read are true). He has proven to be a good NFL QB, but I guess we will have to await today's outcomes to see what happens next.

I heard Friday that he would not be charged. This leaves it with him being "stupid" and unable to control his self-image. While I realize that assault is a very touchy and ugly situation there is no way to tell if he did any of these things or if he is just too stupid to keep himself away from this type of woman. Either way, if he can learn to keep it in his pants unless he is at home with his "mate" he is capable of greatness on the football field.

I am guessing that the Steelers organization, who has made the correct decisions far more often than not, saw that Smokey just couldn't be helped and thus was not worth what he brought to the table.

Never thought this would ever happen in my life time. But I agree with a Browns fan......

David:

Don't make yourself ill or anything.....Brandon is a pretty logical Browns fan...............WOW, that's an oxymoron if I ever typed one :D

It's sad to see that he's gone, I really did like Santonio as a player, but at the same time, the Rooneys do not put up with any BS. They never have, and hopefully never will. Go Steelers!

I agree that this move is one of a classy organization. But I dont understand why you would get rid of a player that likes to smoke some pot, when one of your other players has been accused of assault TWICE and continues to put himself in bad situations. This move means absolutely nothing if Ben doesn't get the boot too.

I agree that this move is one of a classy organization. But I dont understand why you would get rid of a player that likes to smoke some pot, when one of your other players has been accused of assault TWICE and continues to put himself in bad situations. This move means absolutely nothing if Ben doesn't get the boot too.

I know for fact that Smokey has been involved in "a few" scrapes with the law which weren't made public and I assume that the Rooney's saw that Ben "get's it" and Smokey doesn't. Plus a top 5 QB in the league is a little harder to replace than a top 10 wide receiver.

This should send a message to Ben and some others.

Edited to add.......It also helps to understand the trade when you realize that Smokey is suspended for the first games of the season.

This sends a message to the players that Pittsburgh is not the place to act like idiots and it certainly isn't where thugs and losers coach and play like the city in southwest Ohio.

What? Do you mean the team that swept the Steelers last season? Is that the one in Southwest Ohio? I just want to be clear on if the team that beat the Steelers twice last year is the one about which you are cryptically speaking. I suppose getting rid of some of the players responsible for the Steelers NOT making the playoffs is a good idea.

What? Do you mean the team that swept the Steelers last season? Is that the one in Southwest Ohio? I just want to be clear on if the team that beat the Steelers twice last year is the one about which you are cryptically speaking. I suppose getting rid of some of the players responsible for the Steelers NOT making the playoffs is a good idea.

Stu......Please tell me you really don't want to talk win-loss records, or accomplishments of any kind, between the Bengals and Steelers? A homeless, jobless, man has more right to claim brilliant financial planning after finding a winning lottery ticket :whistling:

Stu......Please tell me you really don't want to talk win-loss records, or accomplishments of any kind, between the Bengals and Steelers? A homeless, jobless, man has more right to claim brilliant financial planning after finding a winning lottery ticket :whistling:

What have you done for me lately, Pittsburgh Steelers? Oh, stayed home during the playoffs from the '09 season. Oh, lost to the Cincinnati Bengals every time you saw them in '09. Oh, finished third in the division in '09. Yeah, I think I am fine talking about win-loss records and accomplishments for the 2009 season between the Bengals and the Steelers! Since CLEARLY the 2009 season fits within the spectrum of 'accomplishments of any kind between the Bengals and Steelers' then sure, let's talk about 2009!

Wow, the Bengals sweeping the Steelers last year just burns...burns...burns. :laugh:

What have you done for me lately, Pittsburgh Steelers? Oh, stayed home during the playoffs from the '09 season. Oh, lost to the Cincinnati Bengals every time you saw them in '09. Oh, finished third in the division in '09. Yeah, I think I am fine talking about win-loss records and accomplishments for the 2009 season between the Bengals and the Steelers! Since CLEARLY the 2009 season fits within the spectrum of 'accomplishments of any kind between the Bengals and Steelers' then sure, let's talk about 2009!

Wow, the Bengals sweeping the Steelers last year just burns...burns...burns. :laugh:

Stu, Stu, Stu...........Stu............... you poor deprived bastage...............We all have to do whatever we have to do to make us happy.

A question.....

If you bought a box of cigars (do White Owls come in boxes?) and the first 20 were garbage (go figure) and then you smoked one and, on that certain night, and it was great (the 2009 season) ............and then you smoked the last 4 (the next four seasons) and they too were garbage.....I guess you could always make your case that on that one night, White Owls were better than Padron Millenniums. :D

Stu, Stu, Stu...........Stu............... you poor deprived bastage...............We all have to do whatever we have to do to make us happy.

A question.....

If you bought a box of cigars (do White Owls come in boxes?) and the first 20 were garbage (go figure) and then you smoked one and, on that certain night, and it was great (the 2009 season) ............and then you smoked the last 4 (the next four seasons) and they too were garbage.....I guess you could always make your case that on that one night, White Owls were better than Padron Millenniums. :D

OR...we Bengal fans got to smoke the Padron Milli for the 2009 season while you Steeler fans got the 2009 White Owl! How did that 2009 season White Owl taste? I want to know because that 2009 season's Padron Milli was excellent and the aftertaste is still so so sweet!

A question.....

OR...we Bengal fans got to smoke the Padron Milli for the 2009 season while you Steeler fans got the 2009 White Owl! How did that 2009 season White Owl taste? I want to know because that 2009 season's Padron Milli was excellent and the aftertaste is still so so sweet!
I call BS Your palet is so burned out from smoking nothing but White Owls that you just smoked a dog rocket with a Milli label and don't know the difference.

By the next HERF, the media will be blowing air up the prison skirts of the Bengals as usual and by the holidays you'll be smoking White Owls again :D

I am just now taking input on peoples schedules and thoughts on menu and agenda.

Late April - May is probably good and I am out of town the weekend of the 22nd.

I see Stu is still fixated on that one-hit-wonder season.

The Steelers get rid of their problem children (remember the irreplaceable Plaxico?). The Bengals...well...they have a Parole Officer on staff.

What? Do you mean that season in which the Bengals swept the Steelers? That season where the Bengals won the division and the Steelers were third? That season where the Steelers stayed home for the playoffs? Is that the one you are talking about?

You guys just keep giving me the shots and I just keep taking them! :laugh:

What? Do you mean that season in which the Bengals swept the Steelers? That season where the Bengals won the division and the Steelers were third? That season where the Steelers stayed home for the playoffs? Is that the one you are talking about?

You guys just keep giving me the shots and I just keep taking them! :laugh:

I can see why you're a successful lawyer, Stu. You can take fictions and twist them to the point where you believe them yourself, you poor unfortunate fool.

Come to the light, Stu. Come to the light.