• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Pittsburgh Steelers

I see Stu is still fixated on that one-hit-wonder season.

What? Do you mean that season in which the Bengals swept the Steelers? That season where the Bengals won the division and the Steelers were third? That season where the Steelers stayed home for the playoffs? Is that the one you are talking about?

You guys just keep giving me the shots and I just keep taking them! :laugh:

I can see why you're a successful lawyer, Stu. You can take fictions and twist them to the point where you believe them yourself, you poor unfortunate fool.

Come to the light, Stu. Come to the light.

You have a point. The essence of trial work is to find a theme, work the theme, continue to work the theme, work the theme more and close to the jury according to the theme in order to have the jury believe the theme. Do you see a theme there?

But, since you are opposing counsel in this trial of ours, do you deny that the Bengals swept the Steelers in the 2009 season? Do you deny that the Bengals won the division in the 2009 season? Do you deny that the Steelers were not in the playoffs coming out of the 2009 season? Since you cannot, have not and will not address these clearly established facts, I am entitled to judgment on my points as a matter of law!

I finally get it!

Stu is well aware of reality in spite of his numerous posts which scream otherwise! He is simply fixating on the tiny little microcosm of Bengal folklore which plays out nicely for him.

I think I finally get Stu........can you imagine if he could just argue for our side....where the reality we wish to see plays out more often than not?

The Bengals are more like Tommy Tutone while the Steelers are like Led Zepplin. And this is from a Cowboys fan (The Rolling Stones :p )

The Bengals are more like Tommy Tutone while the Steelers are like Led Zepplin. And this is from a Cowboys fan (The Rolling Stones :p )

Is Tommy Tutone a complete failure too? I never followed them and the media didn't blow air up their skirt every year.

I finally get it!

And another fact that I have clearly established: STEELER FANS ARE DENSE BETWEEN THE EARS. Let me get this straight, you cannot deny that your team lost pitifully to the Bengals who are without a doubt one of the absolute WORST professional franchises in any sport. Do you deny that? Because this thread seems to imply that you are in rank denial over the facts of the 2009 season. So, I ask yet again, do you deny that your 'oh so great' Steelers were handled by the Bengals in 2009?

Steeler fans needed a dose of reality and my team gave that dose in abundance. There is a wise old phrase that says "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Your pride is killing you, Steeler fans, because the humility of we Bengal fans has brought us wisdom and perspective. What's more troubling to you is that your disgrace was at the hands of the humble Bengals. The lowest of the low, the worst of the worst.

In ALL of the posts that I have made touting the Bengal triumphs of 2009 there has not been one single post made by another Cincinnati Bengal fan...possibly because Bengal fans do not exist. I alone carried the flag for the Orange and Black at your boastful herf, Jeff. I stood ass deep in flowing pride of the assembled Steeler trolls (all offense intended...let's face it, Steeler fans do have troll like appearances - :D ) and I did so with humility and wisdom. This is MY time to show you that your pride is the source of your disgrace. Time has shown that the Bengals suck. Mike Brown (no relation to this humble author) is an abomination. But yet your prideful, boastful, arrogant, cocky, irritating Steelers were beaten repeatedly by my humble Bengals. Oh the shame of that blow to your pride! Oh the joy that shame brings to my humility!

Sure, we have some Cincinnati members here: Elderboy02, IanHummel, Skydivnekd, Xerais, etc. But NONE of those guys have risen to get my back. None. Zero. Nada. Breedy, Universal and a few others, for reasons unexplained in the universe, tout the Browns but even they did not rise to assist me. Turncoats like Sweetrice80 have not honored their home state by keeping their loyalties with the professional Buckeye franchises. None of them came to my side. Who needs them? I am doing just fine on my own. The even funnier thing is that IF my Bengals return to their typical sucking in 2010 then your pride will have no solace. Your pride tells you that the Steelers should not have lost to the Bengals in 2009 and from that your wound will flow and on that I will always be able to return.

I finally get it!

And another fact that I have clearly established: STEELER FANS ARE DENSE BETWEEN THE EARS. Let me get this straight, you cannot deny that your team lost pitifully to the Bengals who are without a doubt one of the absolute WORST professional franchises in any sport. Do you deny that? Because this thread seems to imply that you are in rank denial over the facts of the 2009 season. So, I ask yet again, do you deny that your 'oh so great' Steelers were handled by the Bengals in 2009?

Steeler fans needed a dose of reality and my team gave that dose in abundance. There is a wise old phrase that says "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Your pride is killing you, Steeler fans, because the humility of we Bengal fans has brought us wisdom and perspective. What's more troubling to you is that your disgrace was at the hands of the humble Bengals. The lowest of the low, the worst of the worst.

In ALL of the posts that I have made touting the Bengal triumphs of 2009 there has not been one single post made by another Cincinnati Bengal fan...possibly because Bengal fans do not exist. I alone carried the flag for the Orange and Black at your boastful herf, Jeff. I stood ass deep in flowing pride of the assembled Steeler trolls (all offense intended...let's face it, Steeler fans do have troll like appearances - :D ) and I did so with humility and wisdom. This is MY time to show you that your pride is the source of your disgrace. Time has shown that the Bengals suck. Mike Brown (no relation to this humble author) is an abomination. But yet your prideful, boastful, arrogant, cocky, irritating Steelers were beaten repeatedly by my humble Bengals. Oh the shame of that blow to your pride! Oh the joy that shame brings to my humility!

Sure, we have some Cincinnati members here: Elderboy02, IanHummel, Skydivnekd, Xerais, etc. But NONE of those guys have risen to get my back. None. Zero. Nada. Breedy, Universal and a few others, for reasons unexplained in the universe, tout the Browns but even they did not rise to assist me. Turncoats like Sweetrice80 have not honored their home state by keeping their loyalties with the professional Buckeye franchises. None of them came to my side. Who needs them? I am doing just fine on my own. The even funnier thing is that IF my Bengals return to their typical sucking in 2010 then your pride will have no solace. Your pride tells you that the Steelers should not have lost to the Bengals in 2009 and from that your wound will flow and on that I will always be able to return.
It's because you are delusional my friend............ but at least you are persistent. Disputing the illusion and ignorance of a sports moron is not arrogance. ;) What you're perceiving as arrogance is simply a reality that you don't want to face. Kinda like the kid who thinks his parents are stupid because they make him stand in the corner because he keeps pissing his pants.

You can go ahead and be proud as a peacock for not pissing your pants today............yet :D Do you wear dark suits Stu?

I finally get it!

It's because you are delusional my friend............ but at least you are persistent. Disputing the illusion and ignorance of a sports moron is not arrogance. ;) What you're perceiving as arrogance is simply a reality that you don't want to face. Kinda like the kid who thinks his parents are stupid because they make him stand in the corner because he keeps pissing his pants.

You can go ahead and be proud as a peacock for not pissing your pants today............yet :D Do you wear dark suits Stu?

That's it? That's all you have? You poor soul...you went to all the trouble of highlighting obvious parts of my statement but did not minimize or delete the part about Steeler fans being dense between the ears! I guess you cannot deny that part of this conversation. I hope the Steelers have a better defense on the field than you have in this thread.

And STILL no answer to the questions that I posed. No answer at all. The pain that facing those questions is causing you is incredible! So, I ask yet again, for the hundredth time, do you deny that your 'oh so great' Steelers were handled by the Bengals in 2009? Do you want for me to answer the question for you?

Stu.....do you walk to work or carry your lunch?

Stu.....do you walk to work or carry your lunch?

I am the one asking the questions. But, since you refuse to answer:

September 27 4:15 pm Bengals v. Steelers W 23–20 Paul Brown Stadium

It was over when ...
Bengals QB Carson Palmer found Andre Caldwell in the end zone with 14 seconds left from 4 yards out to cap a 16-play, 71-yard drive that put the Bengals up by three after a successful two-point conversion. On the Steelers' ensuing drive, Ben Roethlisberger's heave downfield fell incomplete.

November 15 1:00 pm Bengals v. Steelers W 18–12 Heinz Field

It was over when ...
A fourth-down pass from Ben Roethlisberger intended for Hines Ward fell incomplete. The Bengals took over on downs and were able to run out the clock.

Maybe you forgot the answer to my question. The above may refresh your memory.

He who talks most has the least to say.

There is no dispute that the Bengals defeated the Steelers twice last year. However, success in the NFL is only measured by winning one game each year. That would be the Super Bowl. So tell me Stu, did the Bengals win the Super Bowl last year after defeating the Steelers twice?

Hmmm...NO!!!

My dear misguided young barrister friend, you yourself admitted the other Bengals fans have not risen in defense of their favorite team. They understand what you adamantly refuse to recognize - Bengals drool, Steelers rule. Perhaps someday the Bengals may rise yet again. Perhaps not. Steeler fans recognize last year for what it was - a hiccup on the path of greatness. Feel free to revel in your moment of glory.

But more importantly:

SUCK IT, LAWYER BOY!!!!!!

Thanks Moe I just figured out why I always hated the Stones. More shared wisdom here! :p

PJ

There is no dispute that the Bengals defeated the Steelers twice last year.

Finally, the elusive admission from one of the Steeler fans. Thank you for owning up to your team's shortcomings! The rest of your post, however, is entirely irrelevant.

The Bengals have a 2 game winning streak against the team you say is SO great! You are WRONG that the only game that matters is the Super Bowl. I do, however, think your thought process was common among Steeler players in 2009. Going back to my comment earlier about pride leading to disgrace, do you not see how the Steelers, and their fans, looked beyond the fact that regular season divisional games are EXTREMELY important? Losing those games led to no chance to get to your vaunted prize. My team eliminated your team like so much dung in a port-o-let.

Oh, and as for getting a room...the obvious response to that would only irritate Jeff more than most of my other posts have. :cool:

It's all good fun, fellas. Relax. We Bengal fans hold no real hopes of greatness for our team. Hell, we had a decade of holding no real hopes of mediocrity. We do, however, like to steal the shine from others. Ahh yes, 2009, it was a very good year.

There is no dispute that the Bengals defeated the Steelers twice last year.

Finally, the elusive admission from one of the Steeler fans. Thank you for owning up to your team's shortcomings! The rest of your post, however, is entirely irrelevant.

The Bengals have a 2 game winning streak against the team you say is SO great! You are WRONG that the only game that matters is the Super Bowl. I do, however, think your thought process was common among Steeler players in 2009. Going back to my comment earlier about pride leading to disgrace, do you not see how the Steelers, and their fans, looked beyond the fact that regular season divisional games are EXTREMELY important? Losing those games led to no chance to get to your vaunted prize. My team eliminated your team like so much dung in a port-o-let.

Oh, and as for getting a room...the obvious response to that would only irritate Jeff more than most of my other posts have. :cool:

It's all good fun, fellas. Relax. We Bengal fans hold no real hopes of greatness for our team. Hell, we had a decade of holding no real hopes of mediocrity. We do, however, like to steal the shine from others. Ahh yes, 2009, it was a very good year.
It's not us Sgteeler fans who have trouble admitting reality! Yes the Steelers lost twice to the lowly Bengals last year..........can you admit that the Bengals rank as one of the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL?

John called you a barrister.......even I wouldn't go there :D Do you have a brother named Pid who also lives in denial? No.....that's not a town in Kintucky!

Stu, you are truly one of a kind.

Thank God!!! :laugh:

Let's hope he is better at arguing a case in court than he is here.

Stu: But, your honor, I will ask one more time, did I make my point?

Judge: Yes Stu, you made your point, but you lost the case weeks ago!

Stu: But you're admitting I made my point?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't lawyers charge by the hour? ???

:sign:

A girl calls in to a radio talk show hosted by a doctor. She sheepishly says

"I have an embarrassing question"

The doctor replies...."go ahead child, don't be afraid"

HER: "well.....ummmmmm.....my boyfriend convinced me to have anal sex with him"

DOC: "Oooooohhh that's a bit touchy"

HER: "Well.......ummmmmmm........my question is......ummmmm......Can I get pregnant from this?"

DOC: "Of course you can....where do you think lawyers come from"

The Indiana Hoosiers Men's Basketball Team has lots of fans and a heavy amount of tradition. Their achievements include five NCAA Tournament Championships, twenty Big Ten Conference Championships, a remarkable undefeated 32-0 season in 1975 - 1976 and a solid number of All American athletes. I realize that Steeler fans are remarkably simple minded and probably cannot much understand how basketball is played but you guys have to admit that the Indiana Hoosiers have one hell of a basketball tradition.

The reason that I tell you that is to tell you this: The Indiana Hoosiers basketball team sucks. Their trophies on the shelf are gathering dust and last year they finished the season with a 10 - 21 record. They stayed home and didn't even make the ridiculous NIT. They were the whipping boys of all of their opponents. Would we have to agree that the Hoosiers were a great team? Sure. Are they are great team now? Not at all.

Similarly, the Steelers have had success in the past. But 'past' is a four letter word, gentlemen. You cannot rest on your history. Sure, you can put on some Springsteen and reminisce about boring stories of glory days but that does not carry the day. Would I agree that the Steelers were a great team? Sure. Are they a great team now? Not at all.

I suggest that you Steeler folks go find some Hoosier fans, buy some beers and spend some time trading tales of Bob Knight and Chuck Noll. If you invite me to your Steeler/Hoosier pow wow, I will bring some tales of current triumphs and of Bengal success.

The past? Kinda like last season's Bengal's victories?

One thing is certain, Stu. I want you as my lawyer, but not paid by the hour. :p