• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The PTB Pass

Here's my puts and takes. As I already lamented to NCCL, the sticks I really had my eye on have been taken, and unfortunately the sticks I had set aside for puts are already in the pass, sometimes two times over! So it goes with these things sometimes. Just for your entertainment, I had set aside a VSG Enchantment, PAM Torpedo, Monte #2, 1926 torp, and a CAO Palms box. Those, as sad as it is, are the best shaped cigars I own, and are all well represented in the pass. My apologies to everyone for not being a more productive member of the pass this time around.

Take #4 AVO Maduro Put #62 Gurkha Legend Perfecto
Take #31 RP Edge Maduro Put #63 Perdomo Reserve Cuban Cafe

I'll probably have the box either tomorrow or the day after, and try and get it out that same day.

Me Next? Me Next??

Woohoo!!! 'course, I may be in the same boat as Gonz... bt I'll dig deeeeeeeep and see what I can find...

Muhahahahahahahahahahaha

It's tough to not put the same ones in the pass. I had the same problem.

No box yet, I'm sure it'll be here tomorrow. But my SS package arrived!!!!

Yep. Time to dig out all of those special cigars you guys have been hoarding! Remember - better to give than recieve! :D

Besides, who is more deserving than Golfgar and NorCalCigarLover? Except maybe BrownDevil... :cool:

bfreebern said:
I guess George thinks he is above the ISOM for ISOM rule :D
[snapback]255282[/snapback]​

Yeah - so??? Tough guy with a tiara... :laugh:

Gonz said:
Here's my puts and takes. As I already lamented to NCCL, the sticks I really had my eye on have been taken, and unfortunately the sticks I had set aside for puts are already in the pass, sometimes two times over! So it goes with these things sometimes. Just for your entertainment, I had set aside a VSG Enchantment, PAM Torpedo, Monte #2, 1926 torp, and a CAO Palms box. Those, as sad as it is, are the best shaped cigars I own, and are all well represented in the pass. My apologies to everyone for not being a more productive member of the pass this time around.

Take #4 AVO Maduro Put #62 Gurkha Legend Perfecto
Take #31 RP Edge Maduro Put #63 Perdomo Reserve Cuban Cafe

I'll probably have the box either tomorrow or the day after, and try and get it out that same day.
[snapback]255970[/snapback]​

Sorry about that, Gonz. If I'd have known I would have done something a bit different... I had a few other smokes picked out and put aside I could have substituted which would have made at least a few others happy. I guess we have to communicate better in the future...

ggiese said:
Gonz said:
Here's my puts and takes.  As I already lamented to NCCL, the sticks I really had my eye on have been taken, and unfortunately the sticks I had set aside for puts are already in the pass, sometimes two times over!  So it goes with these things sometimes.  Just for your entertainment, I had set aside a VSG Enchantment, PAM Torpedo, Monte #2, 1926 torp, and a CAO Palms box.  Those, as sad as it is, are the best shaped cigars I own, and are all well represented in the pass.  My apologies to everyone for not being a more productive member of the pass this time around.

Take #4 AVO Maduro  Put #62 Gurkha Legend Perfecto
Take #31 RP Edge Maduro  Put #63 Perdomo Reserve Cuban Cafe

[snapback]255970[/snapback]​

Sorry about that, Gonz. If I'd have known I would have done something a bit different... I had a few other smokes picked out and put aside I could have substituted which would have made at least a few others happy. I guess we have to communicate better in the future...
[snapback]256399[/snapback]​

It's not a problem at all. We all have our order in the pass, and sometimes things work out and sometimes they don't. The last thing I would want to do is ask anyone to change their puts or takes based on what I was hoping on doing. :love:

The pass has arrived packed well and inventory is spot on. I'm going to exchange out my puts and takes as previously noted and try and get this back out tomorrow morning. I'm heading up to the cities tonight to hit the Wine Sale at Surdyk's, and I'm going to check what they have for decent cigars in stock, and if they have something I may try a play on that Untold Story. But I'm putting this out there to the group to see what the feedback is:

What cigars that a shop may have in stock would be considered an equal put for the Untold Story. I'm thinking mostly along the lines of any Opus, Anejo, other Hemi, Padron, DCM, or anything else. Or is my effort simply futile, and nothing else (within reason) that any of those folks makes would come close. Lay it on me, I can take it, and I certainly don't want to feel like I'm pushing it just to get that cigar.

Nevermind. I've thought about it some more, and it's just a big hassle and stretch for me to find something to put in exchange for that Untold Story. Not that it doesn't look like an amazing smoke, but no need to hold up the pass so I can try and go buy something else just for the sake of putting it in the pass. Instead I can buy something else tonight to enjoy myself, or trade the old fashion way for one (or more) of those Untold Stories.

I'm taping up the box now and going to take it to the PO this afternoon. I'll post the DC later.

Gonz, thanks for playing and may your winter be warm, although it is not starting out like that here.

golfgar said:
Gonz, thanks for playing and may your winter be warm, although it is not starting out like that here.
[snapback]256902[/snapback]​

It's 3 degrees outside right now :( , I think I'll pass on the hot tub and cigar tonight. I did it last night, cause it was much warmer (12) but my hand and fingers got really cold.

Oh yeah:

0418 8665 1600 2500 0059

And apparantly this is going on with that DC number. But I triple checked my receipt and that's what it says.

Gonz said:
golfgar said:
[snapback]256902[/snapback]​

It's 3 degrees outside right now :( , I think I'll pass on the hot tub and cigar tonight. I did it last night, cause it was much warmer (12) but my hand and fingers got really cold.
[snapback]256972[/snapback]​

3 degrees! :0 holy moly, I sat outside yesterday enjoying smoke and a glass of port while watching the rain fall. I don't think I've ever felt 3 degrees :p

:cool: