• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Walking Dead on AMC

I was sad to see Andrea go. She kinda turned me on in a "She'd make your toes curl" way. But that scene couldn't have been done any better.

Kinda bummed they didn't kill the Governor but it might make for an interesting twist later.
IMHO If faced with that situation I think taking over Woodbury would be cool.
We will have to wait.

For the guys not on FB i will share some stuff here from time to time. This made me chuckle...

5407_253840738086165_92447694_n.jpg

i was not a fan of the finale.....i feel like this season was essentially wasted.

they build the whole season around a confrontation between prison and woodburry/rick and governor.....they went as far as to have a meeting to discuss things and post that meeting both said "we're going to war" to have the war be something so small and not culminate in the death of one of the two principal characters was a horrible payoff for the finale.  

Andrea dying sucked and was a well done scene, but i almost feel like her death didn't mean anything.  What did she die for?  

Basically this whole season's impact was a close to the merle story, close to lori's character, and andrea's idiocy leading to her death.  To me that is not a whole lot of story development for a whole season of shows.

brianetz1 said:
i was not a fan of the finale.....i feel like this season was essentially wasted.

they build the whole season around a confrontation between prison and woodburry/rick and governor.....they went as far as to have a meeting to discuss things and post that meeting both said "we're going to war" to have the war be something so small and not culminate in the death of one of the two principal characters was a horrible payoff for the finale.  

Andrea dying sucked and was a well done scene, but i almost feel like her death didn't mean anything.  What did she die for?  

Basically this whole season's impact was a close to the merle story, close to lori's character, and andrea's idiocy leading to her death.  To me that is not a whole lot of story development for a whole season of shows.

I agree with you in a lot of ways but those characters departing from the show was quite cathartic. Andrea and Merle were way too embroiled with the storyline to truly allow a "new" season/start. Also, if there was such a thing as a karmic balance Andrea did die for her stupidity but on some levels I think her death was another nail in the coffin of morality, especially when we watch Carl straight shoot that kid in the face.

I'll definitely give you that there wasn't a whole lot of development this season but with a new approach for the group and a "human" element to the dangers they face will make things very interesting. I think, and hope, that we'll be seeing a but more of season 1 type behavior or at least a little more of a biologically investigative approach as to what the fuck this thing actually is. Personally that's always something that had been lacking for me but anyway...

Edit: a couple things I found pretty funny:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/undeniable-proof-that-the-walking-dead-and-toy-story-have-th

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/things-youll-only-find-funny-if-you-watch-the-walking-dead

enhanced-buzz-30121-1364828416-7.jpg

Christo said:

I agree with you in a lot of ways but those characters departing from the show was quite cathartic. Andrea and Merle were way too embroiled with the storyline to truly allow a "new" season/start. Also, if there was such a thing as a karmic balance Andrea did die for her stupidity but on some levels I think her death was another nail in the coffin of morality, especially when we watch Carl straight shoot that kid in the face.

I'll definitely give you that there wasn't a whole lot of development this season but with a new approach for the group and a "human" element to the dangers they face will make things very interesting. I think, and hope, that we'll be seeing a but more of season 1 type behavior or at least a little more of a biologically investigative approach as to what the fuck this thing actually is. Personally that's always something that had been lacking for me but anyway...

Edit: a couple things I found pretty funny:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/undeniable-proof-that-the-walking-dead-and-toy-story-have-th

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/things-youll-only-find-funny-if-you-watch-the-walking-dead

enhanced-buzz-30121-1364828416-7.jpg

On your statement on what it is and how to stop it, i don't think that will ever be a part of the show.  How can anyone do any real science on this if something like the CDC pretty much gave up on this?

don't see it.  

I have loved the graphic novels for long time.  At first I was very worried they would ruin it with the show I am so glad they have the Robert Kirkman helping out (creator of comic).    I think they have done a good job surpised they made Rick go nuts so fast and he didnt even lose his hand like in the graphic novels. Really wonder how there going to go forward and if they will do anything close to graphic novel.

I avoided watching this show when it first came out because I didn't want to get hooked on another series. With a few friends raving about it, fast forward to now. I DVRed the entire run when AMC broadcasted it a few weeks ago. Just finished watching them all. Damn good series. Very slow paced, though. It would have been torture waiting for each episode.

Now I'm hooked. Good timing too. There's a void now that Spartacus is over.

I may in the minority here but it kind of went stale to me this past season with it's slow pacing. Also, the whole season built to this major Rick/Guvna showdown that never really happened. If they continue to play up this Rick/Guvner drama without a fulfilling resolve I'm afraid it's going to totally jump the zombie shark for me.

I for one loved this series, and I'm not really a television watcher at all.  I don't follow any other shows and basically watch sports, news and a few movies on tv.  I'm hooked on Walking Dead.  That said...I didn't watch it week to week.  I should've DVRd it, but it's so full of saved shows from my wife and kids.  I watched Season I and 2 on Netflix and purchased Season 3 on iTunes when it came out.  Watched all of Season 3 over 5 days.  That was the most tv I've watched in ages.

So how is everyone enjoying this season so far and with the return of the Governor coming up things may start heating up real soon. I am also what everyone thinks Daryl will do when he finds out about Carol and how Rick showed her the door. I have to agree with him for sending her away. She jumped the gun on killing them and should have waited. 

Thoughts?

Paul

1383031_340097736127131_1086754479_n.jpg

Fug dat! She was the only left with some balls and did what she thought best for the group. Rick's turned into a PUSSY!

^Haha, that may be true, but then I also don't think Daryl's what he used to be anymore. The real one to fear right now is Tyreese, so I think Rick made the right choice between a little scuffle with Daryl vs. sure death for Carol. 

Perhaps. But Rick has to fear Tyreese taking him apart for letting her go.

I am in complete aw after just watching last nights mid season finale. I am dumb founded at the fact of Hershel getting killed off the show and how the group is back in shambles. Rick is loosing his shit again. It is so sad to see him go but damn what a good episode. Had to be the best episode in a long while. 

RIP Hershel!
1475858_811257405567086_467496565_n.png

Yea and Daryl is still a BAD ASS!!!
I found this amusing.
1452097_672858762747459_207762123_n.jpg