• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Walking Dead on AMC

The only disappointment I had was that no one important died, I mean, I don't want any of the main characters to die but I had high hopes that someone would :laugh:

I think this show has a long life ahead of it, simply because if they are having trouble with original material, they have the comic books to fall back on.

Any place that clean, that empty, and supposedly is a sanctuary, is a straight trap. The meat is probably drugged or something to that effect, or they wait until you are stuffing your face and completely distracted before jamming a gun in your face and stripping you of your gear.

Did you notice during the herding scenes how the gauntlet they were running was all shot up? The buildings, the ground, everything. Before, everything was clean and pristine. Then they are running past brick that has been chewed up by bullets, people screaming for help in cargo containers, a cage of sorts that was full of bones that looked human, and that freakish cult memorial room.

Cannibals, I tell you!

So my email has been letting me know you guys were posting here and I couldn't read your post till now since I just watched last nights episode...

First off am I the only one who didn't know the guy who plays Rick is British? My recording extended into the talking dead show and caught his accent. LOL

I loved the way they put this episode together with the flashbacks and following Rick and all his mental states. I was blown away when he bit that guy I mean WOW so intense. I can't wait till next season and the way they finished this up with them in the train car all together was great. I'm guessing some of the others in the group are in the containers that were screaming. 

Till next season,
Paul

First off am I the only one who didn't know the guy who plays Rick is British? My recording extended into the talking dead show and caught his accent. LOL
Same thing happened here. The wife and I were like, "What the heck?!?" I think our collective respect for the actor went up a few scales.

Great finale episode! As others have mentioned the scene where Rick rips that guys throat out with his teeth was insane. The whole episode seemed very intense and gritty which was great. Glad we got some answers about Terminus too. Just wondering though if I'm the only one who is sick of Carl, the kid just pisses me off. It's going to be a long wait until next season.

I just knew they were cannibals at Terminus . . . damn, I hated being right though.  Intense! Rick ripping that guy's throat out with his teeth was worth the whole season to wait for! Damn!

He's right, too.  Terminus has NO idea who they've caught in their net.  Rick's whole group is battle-hardened beyond anything they've likely ever seen before.  Can't wait for next season!

~Boar

The scene where the civilian got his face ripped off early on in the episode set up Rick doing a 'Walker' thing on Joes throat IMHO. The episode was intense. I liked Ricks line - 'They're screwing with the wrong people'. Tyreese and Carol have yet to make an appearance. Last season they had a tank and we had a Daryl. This season we have a Carol.

The thought that ran through my mind the last two episodes....if this is "sanctuary for all" where the hell is everyone? Pretty empty for a "sanctuary" as advertised all over and broadcasted over the radio as terminus.

looking for knowledge said:
I went back and watched the ending "herding" a few times. There are more questions than answers at this point. I'm with you on the cannibals part. Did you hear the people calling for help as they ran past the storage containers? I always think of The Road when SHTF.

How many seasons you think this show has left?

I went back and re-watched the same scene a couple of times.  The only thing I noticed was that every door they went through had a big letter "A" marked next to it and then the railcar also had a big letter "A" on it as well.  I don't know what this means, if anything, but that's the only thing I saw.  I'm starting to shy away from the cannibal thing, it just seems too obvious, like a Red Herring.  It's going to be a long, speculative 6 months.

Not sure what I think.  When they were being herded, they ran past a pile of body parts/insides that were laying in the sun surrounded by a fence....first I thought zombie parts to study, but then maybe it is drying out of human meat?   Also, I must have missed the aspect on the pocket watch?  Where did that come from or whose was it?

I was happy but also kind of miffed that they all ended up in the same car, I mean really?  Maybe that is because I just got hooked on Game of Thrones and expect something drastic and unheard of to happen at the end of a season :)  Just got HBO and caught up on 3 GoT seasons in 9 days!  Ended just in time for the new season :)  it helps when you are sick that you have HBO as a friend.

MoeCizlak said:

I went back and watched the ending "herding" a few times. There are more questions than answers at this point. I'm with you on the cannibals part. Did you hear the people calling for help as they ran past the storage containers? I always think of The Road when SHTF.

How many seasons you think this show has left?

I went back and re-watched the same scene a couple of times.  The only thing I noticed was that every door they went through had a big letter "A" marked next to it and then the railcar also had a big letter "A" on it as well.  I don't know what this means, if anything, but that's the only thing I saw.  I'm starting to shy away from the cannibal thing, it just seems too obvious, like a Red Herring.  It's going to be a long, speculative 6 months.

[SIZE=11pt]Everybody keeps saying that they are cannibals but for some reason I don't think that's the case. Like you said, it’s way too obvious. [/SIZE]

It just makes sense with all the talk of being hungry, and this long into the infection, that some people would have resorted to cannibalism. For them to finally have a run in with those people would only make sense, IMO.

Following the train (no pun intended) of thought of Cannibalism, both times that we saw inside "Terminus" we are shown the lady cooking meat.
Regarding the "A", I noticed that too. (Grade "A" Meat!) Anthropophagite is a term used for cannibalism, but I think it can also be loosely associated with ritual sacrifice, blood drinking, etc. (The room full of candles). A lot of folks seem to think "food" is the case. I really do not have any convictions about what it might be. I keep wondering if it is just a clever misdirection. There was that one passing moment when they run past a pile of nicely cleaned human skeletons. One thing for certain, they did pick the wrong people to mess with. I am also wondering if Carol is going to be instrumental in their escape. She has been a victim, and now she is brutally efficient in doing what she thinks needs to be done to survive.

Rick taking a bite out of crime was pretty epic. Think about it, someone hurting your child? Hell, I think just about anybody could get pretty brutal in that situation. Could it be that is how they escape, one big rottweiller extravaganza?  ;)  :laugh: 

Yea, waiting 6 months to see what happens is going to seem long.

Off too a great start. Damn when they where slicing the throats open that was pretty insane. I love how bad as the group has become. I can't belive it's been 7 months.

Welcome back Dead Heads
Paul

Awesome episode.  Carol is bad ass.  I can't believe Morgan is back.

Yeah, busy Sunday night - Giants, Walking Dead, Homeland and Boardwalk Empire. Wasted my time watching the damn Giants game. :( Thank God it's a holiday and was able to caught up on the rest this morning. Very good episode.

Light this! said:
Yeah, busy Sunday night - Giants, Walking Dead, Homeland and Boardwalk Empire. Wasted my time watching the damn Giants game. :( Thank God it's a holiday and was able to caught up on the rest this morning. Very good episode.
Holiday... yea right only in MA. Lol

I did enjoy this episode. Man, they are lucky. I can't remember much about Morgan. Will have to figure out which episodes he was in to recap.
Was it the fellow who had Rick stay with him in that town he was a lone survivor in?