• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This is closed.

This thread is the reason why I have no respect for Pete Johnson. Sneaky underhanded business practices.

Keep that in mind the next time you geeks are trampling over each other trying to grab a fistful of his newest "limited releases." It's history repeating itself.

Oh come on now Jon, Your just pissy that your koolaid is not as tempting as his.. :laugh: Besides I remember a time when you where first in line for his koolaid. :p :sign: :p

Hmmm

If you joined CP on 21-Aug-07, have nothing in your profile, and have 0 posts, what would be your reasoning for reading this, purrfecto ?

I see this type of thing going on frequently. A name I don't recognize reading down in the retailer forum, click the name, and they've been here 2, 3, 4 years with 0 posts. But are pretty "active." Maybe time to gut all accounts with zero posts.

Hmmm

If you joined CP on 21-Aug-07, have nothing in your profile, and have 0 posts, what would be your reasoning for reading this, purrfecto ?

I see this type of thing going on frequently. A name I don't recognize reading down in the retailer forum, click the name, and they've been here 2, 3, 4 years with 0 posts. But are pretty "active." Maybe time to gut all accounts with zero posts.

I like that idea. If they haven't participated in any meaningful way, why are they joining? Just to be able to view the sales? Sure provokes some hard questions.

Perhaps the retailer forum should only be seen by trusted members. How we determine who we can trust could be a problem, but it's doable. ASSHAT spys or incognito fellas in dresses should not be allowed to view this part of the forum.

Doc.

What's the over/under for date and time Pete responds to this thread?

Maybe set it up so you can't view either buy sale forums till you've been here for 4 months with a min. number of posts/ activity in the past 4 months? Seems like a pain in the ass but may be needed if this stuff keeps happening.

Retail specials posted here are generally for CP members only. The retailer forum is hidden to all guests, and only visible to members. If retailers like Pete are going to scrutinize such sales and be the watchful eye over our community, then stop selling those cigars. Problem solved. I think Pete needs to lighten up a bit on his strict rules, and allow small communities like CP to receive occasional deals from retailers we support. Another novel idea -- don't discuss sources, and don't post prices publicly. Have members call for pricing.

There are ways to restrict this section to members with a certain post count, however that will also limit the number of retailers we have posting here, as they won't know this forum exists, and the chances of them signing up would be very rare.

Another novel idea -- don't discuss sources, and don't post prices publicly. Have members call for pricing.
You mean like the retailers that have been very successful serving this community already do. Go figure.

This thread is the reason why I have no respect for Pete Johnson. Sneaky underhanded business practices.

Keep that in mind the next time you geeks are trampling over each other trying to grab a fistful of his newest "limited releases." It's history repeating itself.

Yeah most of the newer members can't remember the problem Al had with Pete. I haven't purchased a Pete cigar since but would have grabbed some of these since they happen to be my first Tat and I really did like them.

Thanks Pete for reminding me why I don't buy your cigars.

Guys it was Flavoraid not Koolaid lol

Hmmm

Sounds to me like you're volunteering for Assistant Mod: VP of Gutting. I'll run it by Kirk and see what he says. In the meantime, Rod makes a good point: Retailers should ask for a PM for pricing. And Matt, I'll guess Nevuary 30th.

Were these being sold on consignment or a direct retail sale? If on consignment, isn't that like him dictating the sales in the B/S/T? Or am I completely missing something? Which could very well be the point. :laugh:

Can a retailer email a client list with special pricing?

If so, a members forum should fit the same bill.

I do hate when I should all over!

As for posting pices....they still should be visible.

Were these being sold on consignment or a direct retail sale? If on consignment, isn't that like him dictating the sales in the B/S/T? Or am I completely missing something? Which could very well be the point. :laugh:

You are correct.

Welcome, Topper !

Active Posts:
0 (0 per day)
Last Active:
User is online Today, 04:37 PM
Currently:
Viewing Topic: This is closed.

Pete Johnson is just a hick from Freeport Maine that got lucky when he met Pepin Garcia. Otherwise, he'd just be minimum wage clerk at L.L. Bean or a freak at a carnival with too many tattoos. The guy has no class.

Doc.

Stop being a bully!

:whistling:

edit: BTW...Jose G, please respond to the question, thanks.

Jose - Do you actually have the products in your hands, or are you selling as a third party? Please explain.

I wanted to not add fire to the flames, but I want to clear up a couple things. Pete didn't call me to yell at me. We talked and other retailers called and complained that my prices as a whole and posted here are below that allowed by Tatuaje. He didn't threaten me or force me to close this i dont have accounts with any manufactures as that isnt my business model. I closed this so that he would stop taking heat and in turn he wouldn't launch a crusade to discover my vendors and yank their accounts (hopefully).Pete was really friendly and as a person I've always liked him.

Rod and 36- I do both. I list products for vendors that they still retain possession until it is shipped and some I purchase the boxes and store and ship them myself. These I was shipping myself however.

I wanted to not add fire to the flames, but I want to clear up a couple things. Pete didn't call me to yell at me. We talked and other retailers called and complained that my prices as a whole and posted here are below that allowed by Tatuaje. He didn't threaten me or force me to close this i dont have accounts with any manufactures as that isnt my business model. I closed this so that he would stop taking heat and in turn he wouldn't launch a crusade to discover my vendors and yank their accounts (hopefully).Pete was really friendly and as a person I've always liked him.

Rod and 36- I do both. I list products for vendors that they still retain possession until it is shipped and some I purchase the boxes and store and ship them myself. These I was shipping myself however.

Thanks!

Oh come on now Jon, Your just pissy that your koolaid is not as tempting as his.. :laugh: Besides I remember a time when you where if he made donut flavored cigars you'd be first in line for his koolaid. :p :sign: :p

fixt