• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This Is How Not To Smoke'em

LarryH

Stogiesaurus
Well okay, you can smoke'em this way if you like but I wouldn't recommend it. A couple of you wanted to see pictures so here you go. I started with a high end dog rocket. ;)

PB1.jpg

The smoke didn't really roll out like I thought it might.

DT3.jpg

You really need something to wash it down!

DLAM.jpg

Though I prefer a good single malt :cool:

After dissection I was really surprised to find whole leaf filler. At least it looks like it to me. I wonder if this is unusual for a one dollar stick. You can also see the punch hole in several places.

PB4.jpg

After a rather unpleasant experience that didn't produce one single hallucination I needed something to clear my palate. This one's from a sampler I picked up from Greg (Kingantz). After the harshness of the Don Tomas the Boli was rich and complex. Thanks Greg!

BPC1.jpg

BPC3.jpg

That's just awesome.. glad to see you gave it a go. Looks like you had a pretty even burn on both ends all things considered. I think to smoke it most effectively you would almost need to cut a longer slit than a punch... might have to do a little more research. Good job though, love to see people getting their hands dirty on crazy random comments that they make.

That's awesome! I've been debating trying it since reading your post in the other thread. Thanks for the pictures!

:sign:

I bought a couple swishers to try this out on after seeing the comment. Just never got around to doing it!

Thats actually hilarious. Reminds me of the cross joint from Pineapple Express.

I think to get the smoke flowing you should punch on both sides, as some recommend for the chisel, or drill a hole all the way through. You would have to wrap your mouth around the whole thing though to get it to work. I was fun to see you try.

:laugh: Judging by your ash(s) you were smoking it that way for some time. Pretty funny stuff.

After making the first punch I debated punching a deeper hole using a smaller punch than the first maybe three quarters of the way through. I'm not sure why I didn't unless it was just that it isn't normal then again what was about this experiment :D

I didn't dissect the cigar until the next day to discover all long filler. This may be why there wasn't as much smoke as I expected. The primary path for the smoke was between the wrapper/binder and first few layers of filler. I may yet have to try this with a deeper punch. :whistling: :)

Thanks for giving us a good laugh, Larry! :laugh:

I may try this with the Devil's Weed sticks I can't bring myself to just chuck out. They can't darw any worse than they do trying to smoke them the conventional way.

Why didn't you smoke the Boli this way?
:laugh:

-Rob

What are you trying to do, get me banned? :sign: :laugh:

Well maybe I'll smoke a Boli this way! :thumbs:
I need a v-cutter though...

It is like smoking a moustache joint! :whistling:

-Rob

The Boli was a Petit Coronas (5x42) and the Don Tomas was a presidente (8x54). It would be difficult to smoke a PC this way due to the length. After arriving at just an inch of ash the corners of my mouth were starting to get hot. Very soon on a PC you would have to start sipping. :( :)

Never even thought to try and smoke that way.

Not many would! It takes a special breed to think of this and the same breed to truly appreciate it for what it is....

Thinking outside the box that is pure brilliance, I think he may have found the future trend that the cigar industry will follow!