• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time for a contest.

Any Monday morning Update, So i know if I should root for Brett the Jet or "Cry me a (Philip) Rivers". Or to know that, I have no shot regardless of who does well or not. :thumbs:

David

Any Monday morning Update, So i know if I should root for Brett the Jet or "Cry me a (Philip) Rivers". Or to know that, I have no shot regardless of who does well or not. :thumbs:

David

If I had to guess, based on a similar (but not identical) scoring scheme, your man O'Sullivan is looking like the best pick so far (nobody picked Griese, Brees, or Orton), but there are still three guesses of Rivers and two for Favre, so you probably need to just root for both of them to fail miserably.

David

If I had to guess, based on a similar (but not identical) scoring scheme, your man O'Sullivan is looking like the best pick so far (nobody picked Griese, Brees, or Orton), but there are still three guesses of Rivers and two for Favre, so you probably need to just root for both of them to fail miserably.

I honestly was thinking the same thing, and could not believe no one picked Brees. I just wanted to see if I was missing something. Well tonight I am rooting for a running/defense of game. (dream) Prediction: Favre 5 for 18 for 55 yards 3 INT -62 Rushing yards/ 2 Fumbles; Rivers 8 for 21 for 8 yards, 4 INT, -55 Rushing yards/ 3 Fumbles. That sounds about right. :laugh:

Looks like Rivers was the man of the hour last night. Wow did he look good, Hes got 3 TD in every game so far. That is impressive :thumbs:

Looks like the Green Monkey wins. Damn that is at least 2 contests of mine you have won. PM me you info and I will have it out tomorrow and congrats.

Best Regards
Don

Hold the presses I made a mistake. Based on the scoring system it appears Drew Brees was the winner

Brees 21 points for passing for 420 yds and 4 points for passing for over 350 yds and 6 points for 1 touchdown pass and 0 negative points gives him 31 points

Rivers 12 points for passing for 250 yds and 2 points for passing between 250-300 yds and 18 points for 3 touch downs and -3 points for a int gives him 29 points.

We have no winner. So I can keep the sticks myself :whistling: but that would be no fun. I can also extend the contest to this weekend and do it again which is the right thing to do.

So the contest will continue for the week 4 games. Same prize package and same scoring system and same rules. Remember there are teams that have a bye week Detroit, Indy, Miami, New England, New York Giants and the seahawks

Here is the prize package and the scoring system and the rules. Sorry Green Monkey my bad a quick look this morning and it appeared Rivers had it but the interception cost him.
Prize pack 5er

3 LFD 08 Outlaw cigars

1 PLPC 05 Opus X Robusto 08

1 Boli PC POS May 07

Scoring System

6 points per touchdown pass

6 points per rushing touchdown

2 points per 2-point conversion pass

1 point per 20 yards passing 2 point bonus at 250 yards passing 3 points at 300 yards passing and 4 points for 350+ yards passing

-3 points per interception

-2 points per fumble lost(quarterback fumble must be recovered by the other team)

RULES

Open to all.

1 entry per person per day.

Cutoff time is 1:00 P.M. Sunday the 28th.

If you have received the LFD 08 Outlaw cigars in the group buy or by your own purchase please do not enter.

Be a active member of CP average around 1 post per day average(want cigars to go to someone who shares the passion of the leaf)will be strict on this.

1st tie breaker which team wins the game.

2nd tie breaker total points scored in the game.

Oh I thought you just have to have the best QB among those picked in this thread? Thats why I thought the Rivers pick was the winner, because his QB was the best among our picks in this thread. just my .02.

David

But with that being said.. Ill pick

T. Edwards

Bills win 42

Thanks for the contest.

I will take Warner for this week. Arizona - total points 51.

Boy, I want those Outlaws.

I will take Rivers, with San Diego winning, and a total final score of 42.

Thanks Rich

After some more thought... I am making a day two pick.

Carson Palmer

Bengals win 52 points