• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today’s Smoke 2019

I have been trying to improve my CC learning and this was the next up. Two notes, unfortunately it didnt burn worth a toot. I had to over test my relight skills. BUT while smoking the nicotine really kicked me in the butt bad. Never had that happen before.
C442B119-2742-4F3C-AB4E-8C5616A71B0E.jpeg

I have been trying to improve my CC learning and this was the next up. Two notes, unfortunately it didnt burn worth a toot. I had to over test my relight skills. BUT while smoking the nicotine really kicked me in the butt bad. Never had that happen before.
View attachment 26690
When you have to struggle to light and relight a cigar, that sometimes happens with the nicotine. At least that’s what I’ve found.
Try dry boxing next time. Cuban cigars don’t always tend to smoke as good as NC cigars do at 67 - 70%.

View attachment 26690

Was it an uneven burn or did it keep going out?Those are important questions.

Drink something sugary next time, maybe a coke or a sweet tea. That should help with the buzz.

Was it an uneven burn or did it keep going out?Those are important questions.

Drink something sugary next time, maybe a coke or a sweet tea. That should help with the buzz.

It just kept going out, had to buff in less than two minutes. Really dissed me off as i was trying to enjoy and not have it go hot. Will try your sugar suggestion. Really trying to treat those CC right.

When you have to struggle to light and relight a cigar, that sometimes happens with the nicotine. At least that’s what I’ve found.
Try dry boxing next time. Cuban cigars don’t always tend to smoke as good as NC cigars do at 67 - 70%.

John, it had rested for over two months at the range you mentioned. It wasn't dry boxed however, im a little lazy at that figuring my humi is tuned in. Perhaps something to remember as i have less than 20 CC so i really space out smoking them. How long would you dry box them for?

It just kept going out, had to buff in less than two minutes. Really dissed me off as i was trying to enjoy and not have it go hot. Will try your sugar suggestion. Really trying to treat those CC right.

Kept going out, typically means the % is too high. Try dry boxing for a few hours.

John, it had rested for over two months at the range you mentioned. It wasn't dry boxed however, im a little lazy at that figuring my humi is tuned in. Perhaps something to remember as i have less than 20 CC so i really space out smoking them. How long would you dry box them for?

I do mine in a small desk top humidor for about a week. The RH is between 60 - 62%. I keep a couple of 62% Boveda packets in there. Before I switched to that, I just used to pick one or two cigars out and leave them on a table for a few days in the open. I have low humidity in the house. Even more so in the winter.
I had my fair share of Cuban cigars that I had to struggle to keep lit before dry boxing. I definitely found there is some relationship between that struggle and the increased risk nicotine sickness.

Not all, but a fair amount of them behave like that when pulled directly out of high RH storage. Especially, larger ring gauge vitolas.

Last edited:
I do mine in a small desk top humidor for about a week. The RH is between 60 - 62%. I keep a couple of 62% Boveda packets in there. Before I switched to that, I just used to pick one or two cigars out and leave them on a table for a few days in the open. I have low humidity in the house. Even more so in the winter.
I had my fair share of Cuban cigars that I had to struggle to keep lit before dry boxing. I definitely found there is some relationship between that struggle and the increased risk nicotine sickness.

Not all, but a fair amount of them behave like that when pulled directly out of high RH storage. Especially, larger ring gauge vitolas.

I have a desktop humidor that I put a few cigars in that I plan to smoke. It's a dry box, nothing for humidity but here in Florida it's more acclimating the cigar than drying it out.