• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke - 2013

Bsneed51 said:

AF SG Double C. Very nice

ETA: I feel like I discovered a secret tonight. This one was definitely in my wheelhouse.
Great cigar, especially at their price.

Tonight I did a redux of 8-5-8 SG, also sublime. But I think the 8-5-8 would probably profit from more seasoning / age, while the DC strikes me as simply ready to go, I will be picking up a box of them soon.

8-5-8 Nat again. Makes for an interesting comparison.

ETA: although the flavor was much more subtle than the SG, I found myself quite enjoying this smoke and its nuances.

This one on the way to the coast!
2013-08-21_10-11-01_44.jpg

After seeing BornaTiger's pics of some Pepin smokes, I smoked a Le Bijou Puff Edition last night. They still have a lot of strength left in them! 

Currently enjoying a nub maduro with 4 years on it. Let me tell you, didn't care much for these guys when I picked them up 4 years ago but man what time has done!

4 years ago they were harsh and bitter but now the stick I'm smoking is nutty, sweet, and full of great toasty tobacco flavor.

While away on vacation....I had multiple  
SLR Serie A 
RASS & Superiores
Boli. RC & PC
Monte No.4
Diplomaticos No.2 
Juan Lopez PC & No.1
Rafael Gonzalez PC
LP UF-13, Ratzilla, L40
AF 8-5-8 Sungrown

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 50yrs torpedo. I was super excited about this cigar- kept it aged for 6 months after purchase and felt ready to smoke. Extremely weird! The wrapper was so spicy, almost toxic like- tasted as though when I licked my lips after the draw it was similar to left over moisturizer on your lips or aftershave.

The taste of the smoke in itself was very full bodied. Chocolate, spice, tobacco, leather, cherry, dark berries. Something about the wrapper that really made it difficult to really enjoy. Weird..

I'm stuck on the Ortega Natural No. 8's.  Finally tried an Oval...meh.  I also got around to something marked JFR (I think) that judging from the other cigars in the bag with it, was probably 5+years old.  It was larger than a toro with a pigtail cap and no band.  It was very enjoyable and took the sting out of my wife schooling me at Jarts, again.

nfulton said:
I'm stuck on the Ortega Natural No. 8's.  Finally tried an Oval...meh.  I also got around to something marked JFR (I think) that judging from the other cigars in the bag with it, was probably 5+years old.  It was larger than a toro with a pigtail cap and no band.  It was very enjoyable and took the sting out of my wife schooling me at Jarts, again.

Just For Retail...a cigar not available over the Internet, found just in B&Ms.

Last night I enjoyed a Padron 85th courtesy of a mystery bomber.  Thanks to whoever you are!

geezygentle said:
Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 50yrs torpedo. I was super excited about this cigar- kept it aged for 6 months after purchase and felt ready to smoke. Extremely weird! The wrapper was so spicy, almost toxic like- tasted as though when I licked my lips after the draw it was similar to left over moisturizer on your lips or aftershave.

The taste of the smoke in itself was very full bodied. Chocolate, spice, tobacco, leather, cherry, dark berries. Something about the wrapper that really made it difficult to really enjoy. Weird..

I watched a cigar review on youtube and the person smoking the cigar described similar sensations. He said it felt like Tabasco on the lips. 

Really interesting. What did you think of it ? Would you have one again or do you recommend them ?

Had my first Opus X today. 

Here's the thing though. It was a gift from a friend last year. So it sat in the humidor for a year. I didn't get the humidor up and working until about 10 weeks ago. So it has been in the humidification for about that time. But I read you only have about a month to bring a cigar back. I still felt bad throwing away the cigar so I wanted to try it out. 

Even though it was not 100% I still liked it. It had I think a nutty and creamy flavor with I think pepper in it. REALLY strong. I only made it to about the halfway point and I had to put it down. Haha.

The room was starting to spin. Wow. I would like to buy one and try one that's fresh though. Seems like its a full bodied cigar. 

I saved the other half. I was gonna go back out later today and maybe re light it. I dunno though, I'm still feeling it. Haha.

Had a Viaje Summerfest 2013. Pretty interesting smoking the fairly lengthy shag foot then moving into the wrapper stick.

Turbolag, my recommendation would be to NEVER smoke a fresh Opus X. That's asking for trouble, at minimum give them a month in the humi, as they age they become something great in my opinion.

Happy smoking!

C