• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's smoke - 2014

It's after dinner and before work so having a My Father corona for a short smoke.

I was at a launch of two new UK brands at Cuban Cigar Club in Newcastle (plug!).

First off was something I never heard of,  "Swag" 100% Dominican.   It was ok - but at the price I think with so many options I'd select something else.

Next up the Rocky Patel "Royale".  I'm a big fan of box pressed as it is and this was a lovely smoke.  Great flavour profiles.

Finished off the night with a wee R&J short ... always good.

La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'or No. 4 this morning. Great way to start the day.

Two of my fav shorties today - Tat petite Caz and the amazing bombone.

Monte Edmundo (SMO MAR 12)... lots of twang, but none of the chocolate-espresso bean I usually get out of the Edmundos.  Still really good though.

mjolnir01 said:
Monte Edmundo (SMO MAR 12)... lots of twang, but none of the chocolate-espresso bean I usually get out of the Edmundos.  Still really good though.
Just going through a "period", I suspect. Big rg CC are fickle creatures. :p

I just smoked one Friday that only had about a year on it(thanks Jimmy!) and it was a similar experience. Tasty but lacking depth and subtle flavors.

I had a Perdomo Habano Robusto watching game 5 last night. Now there's a consistent flavor bomb! Nic cigars- gotta love 'em!!!

I've learned to let my CC's dry box for a couple hours before smoking, and the profile really opens up. 

emoshun said:
I've learned to let my CC's dry box for a couple hours before smoking, and the profile really opens up. 
I didn't mean to give the impression it was bad - as I said, it was tasty. I dry box, too, and agree that it helps with many cigars. Large rg cc vagaries notwithstanding, I still enjoyed it and appreciated the walk down memory lane. The first box of CCS I bought was '05 Edmundos and I've liked them ever since. I just prefer stronger, smaller cigars now. So thanks again, brother!

cigars&coffee said:

Enjoyed an 06 PL Lonsdale German RE and my nephew chose a Boli Especial No. 2 German RE. Both were great but the time spent with my nephew was priceless as he is a cigar smoker as well and I haven't smoked with him in about a year - good times! I gave him the choice to to pick whatever he wanted from the humi.

I would also classify giving your nephew free reign to pick whatever as "priceless."  I wish I had an uncle like you!  :rolleyes:  What did he select?

John, he chose the Boli No. 2 Especial and he had free reign to choose. When friends and family come over this is standard practice and everything is fair game. However, he took home a nice care package.  ;)

I haven't been feeling to well lately and haven't smoked in over a week. This morning I chose something special from the humi and pulled out an excellent 02 Boli Royal Corona Centenary Selection. Only 100 humidors were made of these for the UK.

IMG_4182_zps18b164b3.jpg

As we speak and enjoying it with one of my favorite Scotches a great brother here sent me (Thank you :thumbs:) an awesome 2012 RA Eshmoun Lebanon RE.

IMG_4188_zps6e1438b2.jpg

For this evening I have an 04 Cohiba Sublime resting.  :p

Light this! said:

Enjoyed an 06 PL Lonsdale German RE and my nephew chose a Boli Especial No. 2 German RE. Both were great but the time spent with my nephew was priceless as he is a cigar smoker as well and I haven't smoked with him in about a year - good times! I gave him the choice to to pick whatever he wanted from the humi.

I would also classify giving your nephew free reign to pick whatever as "priceless."  I wish I had an uncle like you!  :rolleyes:  What did he select?

John, he chose the Boli No. 2 Especial and he had free reign to choose. When friends and family come over this is standard practice and everything is fair game. However, he took home a nice care package.  ;)

That's great to hear!

Light this! said: