• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's smoke - 2014

Had a Tower cigars kinda day.  Started with a Cohete 2013, then a Chaveta CG for a lunch, and finished off with a Viaje Tower 45th.  All of them were wonderful.  Yeah Mark!

The one I had was not the same as they were when they hit the shelves. As with most Ligas I think they have a 5 year aging maximum before they start the decline. It was absolutely delicious, not as spicy as I remember. I think we're getting within the last 12 months of the T-52 pigs peak. I haven't had a No. 9 pig recently, but something tells me with the lighter blend and more subtle flavor profiles it might already be passed it's peak.

CJ is alive !

I smoked a PLP waiting for the weather to get warmer. Hopfully sunday I take down a nice target.

My Father Robusto #1 and an Alec Bradley Filthy Hooligan.

Both were very good.

Started the afternoon with a 02 LGC Medaille d'Or No.3. Wow what a tasty little fugger. Love these small ring gauges.

IMG_1510_zpsab3de823.jpg

This evening I was over at the neighbors and brought over some 2011 Party Lusitanias. Wow what a bust! I'm done with these as I've tried them many times with the same result - duds. Put it down after the first third. Never again and I was considering buying a 50 cab because I've heard that they are different but I'm not willing to take that chance. In my opinion they are not humidor worthy.

IMG_1514_zpsa015f52f.jpg

Put down the Lusitania for a Tat Havana VI Nobles and a way better smoke than the Lusi.

IMG_1520_zpsd89acd22.jpg

It was a Hex Figurado for me. Wonderful smoke if you haven't tried one yet. No, I'm not affiliated, but yes, I am throwing a plug out there.

Sindicato Cigars!

I love the Tatuaje Havana VI line, with the Angeles being my favorite.

bfreebern said:
I love the Tatuaje Havana VI line, with the Angeles being my favorite.

Yes I really enjoyed it. My neighbor loves this line as well and has a few boxes of the Nobles and the Hermosos. 

Sorry about that lusi. Bummer. I remember having one from a petaca of 3 back in 09/10 sometime and remembering it to be very good.

Yeah C it's just something about the Lusi's that I just don't dig. Like I said I've tried them from different box codes/years but have not tried them out of a 50 cab.

Hung at the local lounge while the preg wife got some mani/pedi pamper time.  Had my first "Uzi" and it was even better than expected.  I followed it up with a great Fuente.

delete_zpsc08790c7.jpg

Lunch time smoke was a 2013 LCDH Bolivar Libertador. Great smoke but definitely needs some down time.

IMG_1582_zps4f0fd785.jpg

Evening smoke was a 13 QdO Imperiales. Tasty as alway with no disappointment. 

IMG_1606_zpsaf5a051d.jpg

As we speak a nice 13 PLPC. Great smoke as always and you know what your getting.

IMG_1608_zpsceb1dc3d.jpg

My major smoking time is one afternoon each weekend with my  son, usually smoke two longer cigars or three shorter ones, part of the fun is selecting and getting the right combination.

Nailed it yesterday.

Had a Cabaiguan Guapo JR, that I had pulled for a pass - looked good out of the box, but every single one of these from that box after a couple of days has multiple wrapper splits in the cap/head. Not a problem for smoking, but not something I would want to put in a pass. Smoked that first, a delightful smoke regardless of the splits. Then had a TESA Picadura King Habano 5 1/2 x 44, another delightful smoke, then had a Tat Nicaragua 7th Reserva. All just delightful.

A classic example of a wonderful afternoon made memorable by the smokes.

Light this! said:
Lunch time smoke was a 2013 LCDH Bolivar Libertador. Great smoke but definitely needs some down time.

First report I've read on the Libertador... these look awesome, but they have a tough act to follow in replacing the BGM.

personal User said:
Had a Cabaiguan Guapo JR, that I had pulled for a pass - looked good out of the box, but every single one of these from that box after a couple of days has multiple wrapper splits in the cap/head. Not a problem for smoking, but not something I would want to put in a pass. Smoked that first, a delightful smoke regardless of the splits.
The Guapos Maduro JR is one of my favorite petite coronas.  Sorry you've had construction issues with them.

Yesterday was a Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig after recent discussion on them.  I'm sad I only had one... this stick was fantastic.  It possibly usurped the L40 as my favorite DE cigar.

mjolnir01 said:

First report I've read on the Libertador... these look awesome, but they have a tough act to follow in replacing the BGM.

personal User said:
Had a Cabaiguan Guapo JR, that I had pulled for a pass - looked good out of the box, but every single one of these from that box after a couple of days has multiple wrapper splits in the cap/head. Not a problem for smoking, but not something I would want to put in a pass. Smoked that first, a delightful smoke regardless of the splits.
The Guapos Maduro JR is one of my favorite petite coronas.  Sorry you've had construction issues with them.

Yesterday was a Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig after recent discussion on them.  I'm sad I only had one... this stick was fantastic.  It possibly usurped the L40 as my favorite DE cigar.

The guapos jr's have smoked well, the appearance caused me to pull it from the pass, along with the fact that each one from that box has done the same. Not to worry, I'm enjoying them all  :)