• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Chris, I enjoy your posts because you are almost always smoking something I have never even heard of! Okay, I'm something of a newbie but you give me lot's of things to look into... Thanks!
Oh, don't expect experience to change anything in that regard. I see and hear about new cigars at least weekly.

I selected a cigar I've been enjoying since I bought a box several months ago. Ortega Serie 'D' Black belicoso. Jumped the box on auction for like $60 from one of my favorites, Eddie Ortega. These are spice bombs at 65% and actually improve at slightly higher RH. I just dried my beads so this was the spice bomb variety. Still very enjoyable IF you like 'em spicy. The spice drops off and sweetness ramps up a bit at around 67%. Draw and burn are still fine, though. Nice construction for a cheaper cigar. Looks like a premium inside and out. Not terribly complex but whaddya want for $3? ;)

from one of my favorites, Eddie Ortega.
Sounds good. I love a lot of Eddie's smokes too. Out of all the smokes he's been involved with, I think the only one I didn't enjoy was the Murcielago. (the bat dealio). I just got some various 601 labels (non-pepin from what I understand). Need to see how they are these days.

Back