• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Cabaiguan corona extra (my 1st from this line, I've had guapos) paired with Nicaraguan dark roast coffee with cream and raw sugar. Tasty medium/mild smoke. It hits my personal sweet spot for flavors. Slight honey sweetness, cream, sweet wood, mild spice (baking spice like) in the background. Excellent sweet aroma throughout. This in my opinion, was most reminiscent of the smokes that made Don Pepin and Pete Johnson famous. Reminded me somewhat of the OR el centurion, which I really enjoyed the few I had. If you like illusione epernay,Herrera Esteli, EPC new wave Connecticut, Pepin's old stuff (El rey de Los Habanos stuff) you'll dig these.

48962ca9d6db49d63b7d72efacc5f285.jpg

This in my opinion, was most reminiscent of the smokes that made Don Pepin and Pete Johnson famous
That's encouraging. IMO, Cabaiguan went downhill at one point. Used to love them in the morning. Sounds like they've come back.

That's encouraging. IMO, Cabaiguan went downhill at one point. Used to love them in the morning. Sounds like they've come back.
Picked up at local B&M, hope it wasn't a fluke, gonna have to pick up a 5er and then come to a more solid conclusion. In my opinion, the OR Cabaiguan Guapos were great, something changed where subsequent releases weren't as good, they were ok/good but didn't make me want another. I think most would agree about Pepin and Johnson products, something changed and the products weren't the same. Most were pepper laced smokes without much more than strength and dark earth to offer. A balance and refinement that was present with most earlier release (El rey de Los Habanos) products was missing for a while. Maybe it's returned.