• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2017

I actually thought it or imagined it would be very peppery with cream. Like CAO Gold. But the AVO was creamy smoke a bit more thicker and decadent. If that makes sense. Now here comes the shocking part to me. Very low,but there is white and black pepper in the background not as profound as in some others in the same genre of type were. The taste and Aroma has some spice and some creamy velvety vannilic notes. But the biggest aroma/flavors I get are roasted hazelnut,Cashew,Almonds. Very good. I give it *****. And the draw was perfect. Perfect burn. And perfect construction very very happy with this stick. These were gifts from the wife. If you like CAO Gold you will like AVO Classic No.2's. They are opposite in which the notes are backwards on one vs the other. The notes from CAO Gold the black & White pepper,and Leather spice are loudest. With AVO the other notes present in Gold are turned up way more. So same vibes just go in different directions if that makes sense lol. It's worth owning both :)
Both were smokes I used to buy when I got started with cigars. I prefer the smoothness of the AVO, as I find the finish/aftertaste of the CAO gold a bit harsh.

Last edited:
Both were smoked I used to buy when I got started with cigars. I prefer the smoothness of the AVO, as I find the finish/aftertaste of the CAO gold a bit harsh.

Yes I do agree the AVO those notes I was talking about were loud but in a smooth way. The CAO Gold I really like too just goes the other direction and is I get atleast I bit more rustic/rough but I still enjoyed them. They have a lot of the same aromas/taste but I feel they go opposite ways. But I understand how some people may think it's kinda harsh. We're all different that's what's fun discussing things like this. But I do indeed like CAO Gold the Gold Maduro is nice too. CAO is a pretty good cigar house. I was skeptical at first just seemed like an odd brand but everything I have had was wonderful in all ways taste/Aroma/construction/draw. I'd say now at this moment these are my top favorite houses: (sure it can change but sampling,trying and/or owning some of 95% of what these houses offer. I have been a very happy man had a nice sampler Selection wife bought so I had a lot of the Montecristo's to try and have been working on these a lot lately at work. Great fun it is)... been smoking a bit to much need to slow it down to my usual 1-2 a day. Lol

La Gloria Cubana
Drew Estate
Montecristo
Camacho
Punch
Oliva
CAO

My awesome stick streak had to end at some point...hit the wall with this morning's JW Marshall limited edition from Cigar Federation. Not horrible, just not a lot of depth unless you count the tunnel down the middle.

This cigar impressed me. Peppery, creamy, spicy, razor sharp burn and lot's of delicious sweet thick smoke. I believe I purchased these back in 2012. What a wonderful cigar that can still benefit from a few more years of sleep, that's if I can keep my hands off them.
20170624_211800_zpszzal0qjd.jpg