• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

Well, it was 68F here in the Outskirts of Hades, and I settled in on the porch with an Esteban Carreras Chupacabra. Not sure which one exactly, I need to pay more attention to what I'm buying. Anyway, this was the 4th or 5th EC I've smoked, and the first one I actually liked. A little harsh in the beginning, but by an inch or so in it really seemed to level out and was quite tasty.

20210407_174049 (2).jpg

I became so mesmerized, the nicotine and the birds chirping in the trees... I kinda got lost. And then, it happened...

I got this god-awful taste.

And on inspection, I realized... this cigar has two bands, and they are pretty far up on the stick. And the first one was like a Hunk-a-Hunk-of-Burning-Love. Not good.

20210407_181611 (2).jpg

I pulled it off and burned my stupid finger doing so. And stared at it for a while. Then tried to purge the cigar and get it back happy again. I finished it, but I never really got beyond that nasty taste.

Moral of the story: Don't be a complete idiot, take off the bands before you get to them.

Sheesh.

Well. Tomorrow. It's only a day away.

No picture, so this post really sucks. I smoked a Undercrown Sungrown today. When I fist pulled it out of the cello, it smelled like a fresh jar of catfish stink bait! Hmmm, I thought, this could be interesting! I lit it up, and it smoked well. Then we got to the last 2 inches and it hit a our spot. I pushed through and it leveled out again, after about a 1/2 inch or so. I smoked it down to about an inch, and tossed it. (Actually, I got home and didn't wanna mess with it any longer)

Overall, not a bad smoke at all. I'm gonna grab another one, next time in Springfield, let it sit out for a day or two, and try again. I just wasn't impressed enough to say any stellar words about it. I shall give it another try though.

Oh yea, tasting notes : apricots, moldy gouda cheese, half cooked pasta and on finish, freshly opened can of Folgers decaf! o_O

Floyd T aka: amateur seegar rater!

let's see if I can get this post in the right thread today :oops: 🤣

I wasn't planning to 'fire up' today but fuck, it's been one of those weeks. :mad: Goatta reeeeeeeeelax & chiiiiiiiiillax.

So I decided it was gonna have to be between one of these four; an AF R54, a Litto Gomez Small Batch #7, an Opus X Perfection X, or an AF Double Chateau Fuente Sun Grown. I went for the later. Great choice because I didn't blow $20+ on the Small Batch #7, I didn't blow $30+ on the Opus X, and the AF Double Chateau Fuente Sun Grown turned out to be a surprise stealth CHAMP. 😍

I am typically not a huge fan of cigars marketed as 'sun grown.' I have tried several over the years; namely this blend, and a couple of Ashton blends that also come from the AF camp; the Ashton ESG & the Ashton VSG.

I have had these AFs in the humi for only 6 months & when I got the box I tried one; it was fairly lame. No real surprise. After 6 months of loving rest in my righteous humi set-up these are coming around like champs!!

These are somewhere between a R54, a Grand Reserva maduro, and a Hemingway. The main stay of the profile is a very lush & rich medium tobacco, with a very decent & long lasting cedar finish. After 90 minutes the long cedar finish went away & the finish went to a white pepper. Throw in some good notes of cocoa, coffee, and hints of citrus, and that about nails these. One of the only 'sun grown' cigars that I care for. One thing though; the burn wasn't great & required three touch ups but not a huge deal. Tossed at 115 minutes with more left.

If you like cigars marketed as a 'sun grown' then you may want to check these out. This one was a solid 89 to 91. 😊

why do I have so many ashes on my floor board? 😂

# AF 1.jpg

# AF  2.jpg

# AF 3.jpg

# AF 4.jpg

# AF 5.jpg

# AF 6.jpg

Last edited: