• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2022

Is that the Weihennstephaner one? It's been too long, so I don't remember all the numbers, but I tried them all and settled on that one fermented in the high 70s. Damn I miss making beer!
That’s the one!! Has such a distinct smell to it. What’s stopping you from brewing again?

Wyeast 3068. I’ve tried every Hefeweizen yeast out there and if you’re trying to make something in the traditional hefe flavor like Paulaner, 3068 is it. My next runner up is white labs 300. An obscure one I liked but gave more of a Belgian wit end product was something called forbidden fruit by I think wyeast. Seasonal, tough to get. I harvested some after brewing, did some big starters, then froze it with some goofy concoction that they say will keep it viable for a couple years. Never used it though, kept going back to 3068

ETA, forgot to mention, this isn’t a normal hefe either, this is my mango hefe recipe that I created
I like the WL 300 when I use to brew hef. I would ferment high at like between 75-80f and lots of banana would come out over the clove