• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2023

E4FC1C62-1610-4015-9A8B-438B7E210578.jpegYesterday I tried out this little 1992 I picked up from another local-ish shop. Although it was in better condition than the one I had from a local shop last week, I’ve come to realize that not all brick and mortar shops are created equally. The place I picked up the 1992 from has two huge walk in humidors each with about five hundred boxes. I had been poking around at the Padron boxes just seeing if maybe somewhere in the pile there was one of the X000 series mis-priced that I could get for a steal. They were in the shrink wrap still, but very dusty. I asked the owner how long he’d had those boxes, he says “not long” …. Ok.

This is the kind of place that has a large humidifier pumping a shit ton of humidity into each room. After noticing that, I look down to see a crate of Leaf by Oscar sticks, all randomly mixed together, all the different kinds. All with mold growing on the outer leaf casing. Ugh. Other end of the room there’s a case of I’m guessing 100 sticks of RP edge with a heavy coating of dust and cobwebs. Clearly a great selling stick.

The owner then asks if I want to check downstairs for other Padron boxes. Intrigued. I follow, thinking I might get murdered. G19 on my hip ready to rock. The entire basement, no exaggeration, like 5 massive rooms, including another large walk in humidor as big as the upstairs, all FULL of boxes. I’m taking there’s probably 10,000 boxes down here. All sitting out in the open, no humidification. All ruined.

I had so many questions, and wanted so badly to explain he’s ruined god knows how many hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory. I already had two single sticks in my hand, so I just paid for them and left. So sad to see all that.

So with all that, I was surprised how well the 1992 smoked.

View attachment 64549Yesterday I tried out this little 1992 I picked up from another local-ish shop. Although it was in better condition than the one I had from a local shop last week, I’ve come to realize that not all brick and mortar shops are created equally. The place I picked up the 1992 from has two huge walk in humidors each with about five hundred boxes. I had been poking around at the Padron boxes just seeing if maybe somewhere in the pile there was one of the X000 series mis-priced that I could get for a steal. They were in the shrink wrap still, but very dusty. I asked the owner how long he’d had those boxes, he says “not long” …. Ok.

This is the kind of place that has a large humidifier pumping a shit ton of humidity into each room. After noticing that, I look down to see a crate of Leaf by Oscar sticks, all randomly mixed together, all the different kinds. All with mold growing on the outer leaf casing. Ugh. Other end of the room there’s a case of I’m guessing 100 sticks of RP edge with a heavy coating of dust and cobwebs. Clearly a great selling stick.

The owner then asks if I want to check downstairs for other Padron boxes. Intrigued. I follow, thinking I might get murdered. G19 on my hip ready to rock. The entire basement, no exaggeration, like 5 massive rooms, including another large walk in humidor as big as the upstairs, all FULL of boxes. I’m taking there’s probably 10,000 boxes down here. All sitting out in the open, no humidification. All ruined.

I had so many questions, and wanted so badly to explain he’s ruined god knows how many hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory. I already had two single sticks in my hand, so I just paid for them and left. So sad to see all that.

So with all that, I was surprised how well the 1992 smoked.

Is this that same place you got that Padron box way back when? And do you remember how I recounted my experiences with some similar B&Ms I've been to? This is a perfect example of that.. it's amazing how much ruined product I've seen over the years.

It's also one of the reasons that I've hidden small hygros in several local B&M humis.. over-humidification is rampant and why I rarely smoke cigars immediately after purchase now.