• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2023

Got challenged by my B&M to find and smoke this cigar. They have an old signed photograph of Ernesto on their wall. Guess I'm going to take more of their advice. Very interesting bright smoke not something I'd normally go for.

CUBA ALIADOS ORIGINAL BLEND ROBUSTO

InCollage_20230211_123933397.jpg

Wrapper: Honduras
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Honduras

Smoked 2 cigars last night out of a robusto La Aurora preferidos.

Diamond/ Broadleaf Woodsy and pepper. Pretty good though not my favorite flavors. Not much of a woodsy flavor guy. Though for being a woodsy flavor was enjoyable.

Emerald/Ecuador Short sweet retro finish with nutty earthy flavor. pleasant and enjoyable I prefer the Emerald to the Diamond.

Is that big glass mall still there on the River walk do you know? Don't recall name.. has/had a great smoke shop.
That’s the Rivercenter Mall. The mall is still there, and I remember there used to be a smoke shop inside, but I think that is gone. I remember it from many years ago, and I would always stop in and get something. Now there is a tiny liquor stop, below the mall on the river, called Spirit of San Antonio, that has very limited selection. Also, Del Mar Wine and Cigar is still down on the Riverwalk, further to the west part of it. That one’s also just a small little stop. There is a good B&M somewhere outside the mall that I found just a few years ago, but I couldn’t remember where and didn’t find it this trip. I might see it while I’m out today.

That’s the Rivercenter Mall. The mall is still there, and I remember there used to be a smoke shop inside, but I think that is gone. I remember it from many years ago, and I would always stop in and get something. Now there is a tiny liquor stop, below the mall on the river, called Spirit of San Antonio, that has very limited selection. Also, Del Mar Wine and Cigar is still down on the Riverwalk, further to the west part of it. That one’s also just a small little stop. There is a good B&M somewhere outside the mall that I found just a few years ago, but I couldn’t remember where and didn’t find it this trip. I might see it while I’m out today.
@xyz123 i just took a walk over there this morning. Might have been the cigar shop of the Menger Hotel, The Humidor Club. That’s the one I remember from a few years ago, and it was right between the hotel and the mall, if I remember right. It has since closed. Still, though, I think I do remember one being actually inside the mall, a long time ago. Doesn’t seem to be a great cigar shop near the Riverwalk anymore. On The Bend, where I had a couple smokes of my own, sells a few good cigars, but their prices are astronomical. I brought my own and instead spent the money on a few drinks.

Does anyone recognize what this is? I can’t seem to find any info online. A friend picked it up at a shop in Vegas. esplendido largo Nicaragua is what the label says. Better than I was expecting it to be.

Crotch shot
View attachment 65415
What shop?

What guess is it’s from Lovo, but that doesn’t look like their bands.

Could be from La Casa as well…