• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davidoff Grand Cru No. 4. Decided to give the Davidoffs another go around starting with this cigar. Still not impressed. Overly bitter and tannic. Very dry. Did not enjoy...

This evening I'm smoking an unknown Ashton courtesy of jfields. Its 5" or so long, about a 40 or 42 ring gauge and quite delicious. It has that good hint of sweetness and complexity Ashton flavor with quite a bit of spice in the beginning but the Connecticut wrapper is coming through nicely as well.

Viaje Platino Reserva that was gifted to me by my good friend Tommy(Omar Chourice) all I can say is WOW. Amazing smoke.

Brian

Last night I sat on my front porch and while on a conference call, lit up a a cigar that I recently picked up to try. It was a Rocky Patel 1961 Corona. Lit this puppy and it was completely awful. Horrid would not be adequate to describe the taste. Not only did it tast bad, it smelled bad. I figured it was a bum stick and chucked it. Went inside, grabbed a Rocky Patel 1961 Robusto figuring I'd give the '61 another go. The robusto was not as bad as the corona, but still awful. Definitely more powerful that the previous lines Rocky as put out, except for The Edge. Smell was still repugnant. Kindo of like charcol. Smoke tasted acrid, bitter and nuances I could not place and would not care to. Decided to power through as far as I could go, but part way into the second third, I just couldn't take it anymore. Bleeech!

I ended my day with a Perdomo Cabinet Series P Exclusivo. It was a 5.5x 44 or so, quite tasty with nice chocolate and coffee notes, a hint of sweetness and all around excellence. Another goodie to find more of.

I had a wonderful weekend on Martha's Vineyard with Omar Chourice and Stardog. If we weren't smoking a cigar, it was because we were sleeping.
Let's see:
Thursday:
Monte Especial, Party Culebra, Bolivar Corona '98 and Juan Lopez #2.
Friday:
Anejo 55, Trinidad Ingenios, VSG Round Beli, and I can't remember what the night cap was.
Saturday:
Untold Story, DAGA Sungrown, Monte Edmundo, and ERDM Lonsdale '98.

All in all, the only smoke that was a disappointment was the Monte Edmundo. I believe it was from '05. Oh well. I could not have been a better weekend.

Oh yeah, I miss a hole in one by six inches!!! :thumbs:

Lit up my first WOAM, one I purchased from mp928 a while back. I liked it. Good thing I have more to be able to compare this one with.

Smoked a Trinidad Robusto T (MRO MAY 09) last night while sitting on my front porch playing in an online poker tournament. An aboslutely astoundingly good smoke. It has really moved up my robusto rotation. Give them a shot if you have the chance, you won't be disappointed.

Had a Alec Bradley Tempus Centuria last night with some Ron Matusalem rum on the side. Very enjoyable combo!!! :thumbs:

I started the day off with a Opus X LFMF aka Little Fat Mother F***ker. A good cigar but unfortunately it had a nasty crack in the wrapper and filler. :0
Just take a piece of cigar wrapper and lick it. Then place over the offending crack. To give you some idea how bad it was, here you all go.

DSCF0686.jpg

Opus X LFMF from the CFCF 2009 box. As you can see, its a nasty problem. I cut it and it split. Then revealed how bad it was underneath.

DSCF0687.jpg

Is my ghetto fix. I have to say it did work like a charm. It doesn't look pretty as I took some filler off a Johnny-O Cazadore shagfoot.

The lighter color piece fell off and the darker piece I used stayed on till the end. I just didn't want to damaged a good cigar to
fix another good cigar that had a flaw.

Just smoked my first Padron Londres. For the size & cost ($4), it was really nice. An easy draw and full body flavor all the way to the nub. Just the right amount of spice at the back of my throat which is what I was looking for.

Smoked an absolutely disappointing Don Carlos Senior Blend Robusto this afternoon and am now really enjoying a 2000 Hoyo Epicure #1 gifted to me by my good friend Frank (Franco593).

Status
Not open for further replies.