• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday a Fuente Fuente OpusX Fuente Fuente on my front porch...a great cigar. Probably my favorite size in the OpusX lineup.

Boli PC after a long rough work week that isnt quite over yet!

The cigar was fantastic and just what I needed today.

Smoked a gifted stick from John (Jorel).
ZINO PLATINUM CROWN SERIES EMPEROR ROBUSTO. I think it was the 2010 version.

I was able to smoke this puppy slow and I really liked the flavor I got from it. I have only smoked one Zino and that was in the beginning of my smoking days. I will be adding this brand to my list of cigars I will be on the lookout for.

Thanks again John for turning me onto this.

Last night I enjoyed a Fuente Fuente OpusX Magnum O out on the back patio. Special treat this time, my wife actually joined me outside. That is a rare occurance when I'm smoking a cigar. It was nice to have the conversation to go along with the smoke.

Sadly, my last SLR DC. I wish I had more time to enjoy this format. Alas, I'll just have to wait another 35 years until I can retire.

Sadly, my last SLR DC. I wish I had more time to enjoy this format. Alas, I'll just have to wait another 35 years until I can retire.
I went through a couple of aged boxes of those and also don't buy big cigars anymore. Robustos are about as big as I want but PCs are the THANG! :thumbs:

I smoked two robustos that were impressive:

Quesada Tributo Robusto - I was done buying but this baby made me question the wisdom of such a rash decision. Talk about complex. Starts spicy with cocoa, changes to fruity to floral to leather until wonder what's next.???

Casa Magna Robusto - still a damn fine cigar.

I smoked a AF Cuban Belicoso and this one hit the spot. The previous one some serious problems going on. It had a ton of channels in the tobacco but the worst part was near the end when the cigar tasted like ammonia since the tobacco was a tad wet.

Tat T110 while washing the wife's ride, bending down to wash the rims and holding it in my teeth while smoking makes for a SUPER huge head spin! :laugh:

Monte 2 ... interesting flavors in this one. On the sweeter side, not as much cocoa. Think I'll let the rest of them mellow out and see what happens. Not much of a guy for sweetness.

Currently smoking a Festival mareva. They continue to get better and better. More refined and rich than I last recall.

I just put my son to bed and my wife is staying in DC overnight with her girlfriends. I might light a few up tonight.

I smoked a Opus X BBMF from the CFCF 2010 box and it hit the spot. :thumbs:

Over the last two days:

La Aroma de Cuba robusto
Padron 2000
San Cristobal robusto

I smoked a AF Cuban Belicoso and this one hit the spot. The previous one some serious problems going on. It had a ton of channels in the tobacco but the worst part was near the end when the cigar tasted like ammonia since the tobacco was a tad wet.

Loren, I'm glad to see you smoking these lately. I've got a partial box left with a few years of age on them, and they're smoking wonderfully. I'm not the Fuente whore you are, but these are among my favorites.

Mercer PDR Canonazos while watching the Phillies squeak one out against the Marlins, 3 to 2.

Just finished a La Riqueza #4 - this blend works better in the smaller rings but I enjoyed it. Perfect construction and the last half has more to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.