• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoking an old Por Larragana. It's good...not particularly great, though. I broke rule #1. Older cigars need a while to recover from travel. Now I know 30 days is too soon. Here's to wishing this is the problem! :)

Sounds rough :p

Tonight had two RASCC back to back, while shootin' the shit with the father-in-law. :D

An '08 Bolivar Corona Gigante while trying to get the video card on my iMac running boot camp to work. Almost done with the thing and it's still not fixed. Pain in the arse.

At least the cigar is good :)

Had a Tat East Coast and a Monte 2 '99 while fishing the mighty Muskingum for shovelheads. Got a few five pounders but finished off the evening landing a 25 pounder.

My first Oliva Serie V Maduro. Ooooo, that was tasty.

I am curious if others have experienced a "funky" oder when bringing it up to your mouth? It did not detract from the experience but I figured I'd ask. Also, could someone explain the different colored filler in the middle of the foot after I cut it? It was a darker in color. Thanks!

I am curious if others have experienced a "funky" oder when bringing it up to your mouth? It did not detract from the experience but I figured I'd ask. Also, could someone explain the different colored filler in the middle of the foot after I cut it? It was a darker in color. Thanks!

You cut the foot? IIRC the foot of a Serie V is open and does not need to be cut.

Just pulled out a AF Gran Reserva Canones, Sungrown... mmmm.

You cut the head or cap, BTW. That is the ligero filler in the center. As far as the odor, you have to be specific.

At Mahogs, Anthony immediately shoved a box of '08 BRC under my nose. Thank you, Anthony!

Followed that with a '08 RASCC and a PuffStuff Le Bijou.

This morning I relished a year old SCDLH El Principi :love:

Lineup for yesterday was an AVO Heritage robusto, and a AVO 22 :love: :love: :love: :love:

Today I smoked an Illusione ~68~

You cut the head or cap, BTW. That is the ligero filler in the center. As far as the odor, you have to be specific.

I'm such a newb I didn't even know the right terminology. ARGH! Not the brightest bulb sometimes..... :blush:

Thanks for the correct term and your patience. Yes, I had cut the cap/head NOT the foot.

I would describe the oder as "musty." No visible mold and it was not there pre-light. It wasn't overwhelming but I had never experienced that before in my short cigar life.

Great weekend, new guitar, Irish whisky (Bushmills), and a Cohiba Siglo V, with great company. It's a close to heaven as I've been in a while. :)

I haven't been smoking much lately but I just finished an Anejo #48. Since its to bloody hot during the day to smoke.

My curiosity got the better of me and I smoked a '03 BPC even though they are still recovering. Still was a very tasty cigar. These will be great in another couple weeks. A LONG couple weeks. :whistling:

Year old Party Short

'08 LADC EE Lancero - YUM!

Nosotros Robusto. Not bad, but I'll take an Illusione 2 or 88 over the Nosotros any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.