• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set fire to a San Cristobal Seleccion del Sol robusto.

Edit: burn and draw got a little funky right near a split in the wrapper. Seems to have recovered.

Bolivar Belicosos Finos, starting off a bit rough. It's only had 24 hours in the humi, so I can't fault it there. Hope it picks up in the second half.

Had an 05 Coro yesterday and an older 858 sg. Both were very solid smokes, a great combo for an afternoon grilling venison.

This weekend...

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2 (2010)
H. Upmann No. 2 (2010)
Illusione Singulare
Alec Bradley Family Blend VR1

I smoked a AF Cuban Belicoso and this one hit the spot. The previous one some serious problems going on. It had a ton of channels in the tobacco but the worst part was near the end when the cigar tasted like ammonia since the tobacco was a tad wet.

Loren, I'm glad to see you smoking these lately. I've got a partial box left with a few years of age on them, and they're smoking wonderfully. I'm not the Fuente whore you are, but these are among my favorites.

I've always enjoyed the AF Cuban Belicoso. One of my favorites outside the premium stuff I smoke normally. I did fire up a Opus X LFMF this morning and it hit the spot. :thumbs:

This weekend...

H. Upmann No. 2 (2010)
Illusione Singulare

dave

I just smoked an Alec Bradley Family Blend the other day. It was the torpedo. What did you think of yours? I was not overly impressed myself.

This weekend...

H. Upmann No. 2 (2010)
Illusione Singulare

dave

I just smoked an Alec Bradley Family Blend the other day. It was the torpedo. What did you think of yours? I was not overly impressed myself.

Honestly...I enjoyed the original release (OR) of the Family Blend before they put out all the other vitolas. The VR1 I smoked over the weekend is from 2010, and it was seriously disappointing. Tasted noticeably different from the box of ORs I purchased in 2009. I will have to smoke a few more from this new box to know for sure, but the construction on the VR1 was horrendous. The burn was way off due to the shoddy construction. The cigar, canoed on me, couldn't get the cigar to burn evenly, even after touching up. it also began to tunnel about halfway through. Truly disappointing.

So...I'm not surprised to hear you didn't enjoy yours. Prior to this the Family Blend was my favorite cigar from AB followed by the Tempus. I'm just hoping the rest of the box turns out better.

Last night a K.A. Kendall's 7-20-4 Torpedo. The cigar was a bit on the mild-medium side for the majority of the cigar before going to medium in the final third...however, I truly enjoyed it, and will definitely be purchasing more of them.

My last Nosotros. Really good cigar especially after its short nap. Sad I wont be able to get many more :(

I got to smoke a tat 7th natural (my last one off a 5'ver) today and for some reason the foot was cracked pretty bad while the other assorted smokes in that cigar box were untouched. I think they have thinner wrappers than others, but it smoked perfectly and WOW! I may have to get a box of them.
While walking the dogs I lit a La Riqueza no.3 that's been sitting for a year and half in my humi. I feel they're turning into a better smoke than I remember.

I smoked a Opus X Love Affair from the 2009 dress box. :thumbs:

Currently enjoying a Litto Gomez Vintage Lancero with two fingers of Redbreast. The cigar is amazing and it is making my dram taste like honey, orange peel, and almonds. The whiskey isn't making a dent in the flavor of this cigar. I almost bought a box bit settled for a fiver instead. Big mistake!

'98 Boli Lonsdale last night with some good friends.
Tonight, I've got a 97 Monte Esp. 2 to burn while grilling.

Had a Johnny O busto last night while fiddling with guitar and smoked a J Fuego Origen today while finding a few mushrooms.

Guillermo Leon Corona this morning.

El Triunfador No. 5 this afternoon.

Tatuaje Tattoo this evening

An old as dirt Padron 2000 Maddie :) smoked it in the garage while playing with my new G2x :love:

Last night a Fuente Fuente OpusX ForbiddenX The Lost City Piramide. Excellent cigar, may actually be the best of The Lost City vitolas.

Status
Not open for further replies.