• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoked a Padron 1926 #35 and a La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial. The #35 was excellent and the La Aroma was very good but a little more mild.

Having a wonderful Trinidad Fundador from '98. Found a 5er, in an old Opus box, that I got in a trade a couple of years ago. Could not have found them at a better time. I have been such a lancero whore lately! :D

RP Vintage 1999 Connecticut Petit Corona while walking the dogs.

Had my first (and last) Maker's Mark. Never again!

John

LOL! That bad huh. I was actually thinking about buying one of those the other day.

I was going to light it up at my B&M's a few weeks ago - this was "during the day." He advised me to wait til after a dinner as it is more of a "dessert cigar." So I happened to be finished early with a big dinner last night and I popped over to his place again now to try the Marker's Mark. I really tried to like it - he said he sells a jillion of them during the holidays - but I just couldn't enjoy it. Admittedly - I'm not a big bourbon drinker - so that may be the primary issue. My B&M switched me to a sweet-tipped National to help bring me back to reality!

But hey I tried it and now I know! I'm sure a lot of S/BOTLs here love 'em. Today am going to light up one of the Anejos I got for Christmas.

John

The family went out for a walk with the dog and to toss the football around. Since it is around 40 degrees and dry outside, I figured a maduro wrapper would be the proper choice today. I have had a few Cohiba Secretos already but have noticed that they've been a tad on the moist side even after resting for 4-5 months. Well after letting them sit for a few months longer, I decided that I would try one again (30 minute walk before tossing the pigskin around). I am not that great at figuring out flavors, but after 20+ yrs of smokng cigars, I know what I do and do not like. Let's just say, this was a fantastic smoke and I could honestly say I finally taste the cocoa-puffs. I think these just truly need to dry out.

Happy New Year to all
Bob

Yesterday: WOAN followed by WOAM. Both were very good. Different but very good. :)

Today: Mag 50-needs time; D4 from 05-definitely out of the sick period, Divino (not sure what year)-good but hard draw, which is my typical experience.

Happy New Year!

Yesterday: 5 Vegas Miami Petit Corona (thanks, Wilkey!) while barbequing for NYE dinner. It's my wife's family tradition - massive barbequed steaks for new year's eve. Who am I to argue?

Kinda a mix-n-match day for me. Started with a Padron 35 Natural with breakfast. Fired up a La Aroma De Cuba (new realease) before sitting down to watch my beloved Trojans take out Joe Pa's Nittany Lions. In celebration of that I had a LX2.

Cannot wait to go to the Doc tomorrow and hopefully he will remove the stitches and I can get back to life in which case it will be an Opus kind of day!

Tried my first Camacho triple maduro. Was expecting a true knock out - but wasn't that. I really love maduro so was looking forward to a triple maduro - but in the end wasn't any stronger or more flavorful than other maduros I've enjoyed.

Followed that by a Torano Exodus 1959 tubo - which was pretty good.

John

Kinda a mix-n-match day for me. Started with a Padron 35 Natural with breakfast. Fired up a La Aroma De Cuba (new realease) before sitting down to watch my beloved Trojans take out Joe Pa's Nittany Lions. In celebration of that I had a LX2.

Cannot wait to go to the Doc tomorrow and hopefully he will remove the stitches and I can get back to life in which case it will be an Opus kind of day!

How was the La Aroma De Cuba (new realease). These look interesting.

Started the day in San Antonio, where I spent New Year's Eve and Day with friends . . . we hit the Finck's B&M there as soon as they opened today (it's an entire house turned into one giant walkin humidor) and I was able to score a box of San Cristobal Fabulosos. Smoked one for breakfast, in their lounge with my buddies.

Had an Old Henry lancero on the drive home, and just lit my second Fabuloso of the day----I've really, REALLY missed these since finishing my last box of 'em!

~Boar

I've been smoking Anejo #48's for around 10 days straight. Nothing to fancy. :love:

Having my New Years Day smoke a day late. Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo with 13 months of age on it and wow! :D Flavors married very well over a year. I will have to go buy a some to age. :cool:

I couldn't resist. Another Opus xXx Power Ranger...
xXx.gif

LA 1495 Petit Corona Cameroon
Monte #1
and the Poor Man's cigar review stick for the evening. Stay tuned. :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.