• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had an Illusione 88...I forgot how wonderful these smokes are. Very sweet in the 1st 1/3rd...as long as you keep it cool the flavors are complex throughout.

I just finished a Fuente Fuente Opus X Perfecxion X 6.25" x 48 and I am in love! Probably the best cigar have have smoked. Now I see what all the hype is about. It was a strong cigar with a nice smooth finish I didn't want to put it down. Wrapper split towards the end. Is that common? Never the less a great smoke. Now to begin the search for some at home.

I am in Vegas and I went to Casa Fuente in Caesar's Palace and the service was excellent, Mario took me and showed me their selection and helped me find the right size Opus for me based on other cigars I have smoked. You rarely see service like that any more. I will be going back before I leave town and damage the pocket book a bit more.

I started the morning off with a Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos. It wasn't that impressive but still a decent smoke.

Got off work early and decided to enjoy a gorgeous day. Started with a Padron Anni '64 Piramide maduro AGO '03 and am now finishing up a Padron Anni '64 Piramide natural AGO '03. Reviews coming! :D

Smoked a RASS, Tat black jar release, Tat Frank, and an old Tat Regios while hanging out with Pete Johnson today.

I repaired a Boli GM with pectin and it smoked fine. It turned out to be way better than the Cohiba Maduro 5's by a long shot. In the late afternoon, I headed over to a friend and I smoked Partagas Churchill from 2000 and it was a great smoke. I decided I will not smoke another way today. The Opus X CFCF Fun Box 2008 almost got started today. I've been craving a Opus since I got them in. :laugh:

Started the night out with an Anejo followed by a Graycliff Double Expresso. Both great smokes.

CAO Criollo Robusto

Three of us fired these up after we finished our shift at work early, figuring it would be a good day to try something new. Well, sadly, none of us had a good experience. Heavy tobacco flavor and pepper were pretty much the only flavors any of us got, a very plain smoke with no complexity. Personally, mine died on me about a quarter of the way into it, with a tunnel so bad that I literally was getting zero smoke and flavor by that point as it was like sucking air through a coffee stirrer. I tried cutting further down from the head to see if I could get past it, but it pretty much ran the full length of the cigar. Very poor experience, especially because I love CAO's, and this was the first of any of their line that I didn't like. Perhaps I will buy a few and let them rest for a couple years to see if some age will mellow them out. Next time ill bring back up smokes. :(

Smoked a very tiny Romeo y Julieta Petit Julietas. It was an enjoyable 15 minute break.

Opus X Fuente Fuente -- very good flavor/taste and construction but for some reason it was a very tight draw.

Cohiba Red Dot - MUCH better than the last Cohiba I had which wasn't a red dot. Very impressed. If only they were cheaper.

Man O' War - Awesome cigar overall. Very good flavor and great draw.

I smoked about half of a Joya de Nicaragua Antano Consul (unfortunately, I was called away before I could finish it)--outstanding little smoke. This may just be my new favorite sub-$4 stick.

Edit: I'm currently smoking Rocky Patel Sun-Grown Toro. I'm finding it to be a bit bland and the wrapper has cracked twice. All I need now is for it to go out two or three times and it'll be the complete Rocy Patel smoking experience :thumbs:

I smoked an AF short story and a Camacho 1962 perfect today. They were short sticks, but excellent smokers!

I am having this evening a Don Pepin Black Toro, wow!
This is a Nicaraguan puro that is 6x52 Toro. It has a Nicaraguan Habano Rasado wrapper I belive. A beautiful tasting cigar all the way to the nubs of your fingers.
After this I will have another Pepin. The El Centurion.

Last night I smoked the new Tatuaje Cohete and this morning I'm enjoying an Ambos Mundos with the habano wrapper. The Cohete was extremely impressive. I have not had the OR to compare it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.