• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trappist Westvleteren

So my contact for the Westy's just emailed me, since so many people have inquired, he is now giving us a group discount. Say you came from heathernferrara@gmail.com, and he will give you 12 bottles for 150 shipped. That is downright stealing them at that price, 6 bottles go for over a $100 on eBay, when you can find them.

You better come to the NYC area monthly meet up with a bottle and share, otherwise, I'm hunting you down on the garbage island and bringing ammo with.

I am not cool enough to be invited to one yet =)

So my contact for the Westy's just emailed me, since so many people have inquired, he is now giving us a group discount. Say you came from heathernferrara@gmail.com, and he will give you 12 bottles for 150 shipped. That is downright stealing them at that price, 6 bottles go for over a $100 on eBay, when you can find them.

I understand that many think that this is the "Be all, End all" of beer, but damn that is a lot of money to pay for it. And knowing that it directly goes against the wishes of the Monks that brew it, well IMHO it just seems wrong.

Tim

typo

Eh, it's the best beer I have had so far, but the St. Bernardus Abt 12 (60th Anniversary "Special Edition") in the tin is pretty damn close, and its $11 for a 22 bomber. I believe used to contract out some brewing for Westy as well. A lot of people feel the Bernardus 60th is almost identical to the Westy 12. But you know, like I said before, people thinking nothing of dropping 50 or even a 100 on a bottle of wine, and I think a beer of this complexity and taste is worth the same.

http://stonch.blogspot.com/2007/01/st-bernardus-abt-12.html

I had thought you were going to contact the seller and host the group buy?

Let me know if you can/want do this. Figured it was easiest since you wanted the crate.

If thats not possible, I can host it.

You better come to the NYC area monthly meet up with a bottle and share, otherwise, I'm hunting you down on the garbage island and bringing ammo with.

I am not cool enough to be invited to one yet =)

It's open to all nyc botl's, here's the thread: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=47392

Not sure where we'll be this month yet. Check back in a few days and it'll be up there.

OK, I'm doing this...is it only 12, or is there enough for me to pull the trigger on 24?

Someone is welcome to jump in my place...I ended up getting in touch with him directly and also picking up some bottles Westy 8, Struise Pannepot, Pannepeut and Black Albert :cool: David is very easy to deal with and shipped quickly...hopefully I should have my box of 24 by early next week.

Looks like I've got enough to go with a full 24:

Jonas (6)
Mike (6)
Kiwifruit (3)
Flying Panther (3)
Gregg (3)
AmateurAfficionado (3)

I'll be shooting PM's to all in order to get the ball rolling.

Ok, I got through to the Abby after 3 days of calling.
2 racks of the Trappist 8 for the grand total of 84 euro.

I pick up Sat. afternoon.

Tim

I just got in contact with our friend overseas. The total for 24 shipped is $315, not $300, so please adjust your reimbursements accordingly!

Are you guys getting the 8 or the 12?

I am off to the Abby in the morning, can't wait. I will try to take some pictures if I can.

Tim

Tim

Woot!

I have in my possession an almost :whistling: full case of the 8. This stuff is pretty good. To morrow I will post about the trip down to pick it up.

Justin, I will get you sorted out asap. Need to find packing peanuts.

Tim

Tim

Woot!

I have in my possession an almost :whistling: full case of the 8. This stuff is pretty good. To morrow I will post about the trip down to pick it up.

Justin, I will get you sorted out asap. Need to find packing peanuts.

Tim

I can't wait to hear about it Tim!

All right Justin, PM me your addy. I have evrything ready to vox up, going to get the USPS box today.

Tim

0306 3030 0000 9282 2163 :whistling:

nothing to see here, move along, cows turn themselves inside out all the time....

Tim