• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trappist Westvleteren

I'm still a payment or two shy of placing the group order. Please contact me to arrange something soon if you haven't sent it already.

This order was placed today, guys...I'll PM the tracking # to you all as soon as our friend provides it to me so you can follow the precious' journey across the big pond!

Gentlemen...the Eagle has landed. :thumbs:

I'm heading out of town for the night, but I'll be able to post some pics and a report on how the contents survived the journey on Sunday. For those who saw the customs notice in the tracking information...fear not...Westy is here!

OK, everyone, after about 30 minutes of dissecting tape and craft paper, I finally got to the contents (this guy's good!). There were 4 individual Styrofoam shippers that had 6 bottles each in them, each bottle surrounded in bubble wrap and packed in foam peanuts. Then the whole thing was strapped together into this big beer brick, covered with more tape and paper, and sent on its way. Unbelievable packing job. I only opened one to check, so I can send one intact to Jonas, one to the west coast (I think two of you wanted me to ship to the same location?) and repackage the last 6 to their final two destinations. Please PM me your addresses and I'll get this back out this week. I'll then send tracking #'s and a total of any add'l $$ owed for shipping. Thanks!

I drove out to the Abby today and had a Blond and a 12 for lunch with my wife. They have some great cheese.

Tim

I got these today Mike and I just wanted to say thank you for everything. I know this was a lot of work and you had a lot going on at the same time. Forget travel from PA to NJ, these things were packed to withstand a nuclear holocaust! :sign:

Hope your enjoying the holidays man!

I got these today Mike and I just wanted to say thank you for everything. I know this was a lot of work and you had a lot going on at the same time. Forget travel from PA to NJ, these things were packed to withstand a nuclear holocaust! :sign:

Hope your enjoying the holidays man!

Agreed, as I was unpacking this yesterday, all I could think about was how much effort you put into the packing, especially under the circumstances. Thanks a lot for this brother!

Hey Mike,

Packaged arrived last week. Like others have said, awesome job on the packaging.

Did you receive my pm?

Happy holidays and have a new year

-Chico

I had one tonight (not one from this buy, it had a year on it) and it was the creamiest Quad I have ever had. The hype meets the taste

Glad everybody's packages arrived safe and sound! I was a bit nervous having to be the lynchpin in this beer's double journey.
Did you receive my pm?
Indeed! I shot you one back.
I had one tonight (not one from this buy, it had a year on it) and it was the creamiest Quad I have ever had. The hype meets the taste
Glad to hear that! Has anyone had one from this batch yet? I know Jonas had it on his NYE lineup. Any reports?

Also, I'm curious about the date code. The crowns on all my bottles read "24.09.11", so what does that say about when this was brewed?

OMG!!! These have been calling me ever since they landed and I decided today was the day. I know I drank it too cold but this beer really is exceptional! Take this fwiw being that I'm so new to this, but this beer is incredible! The lacing, the smell, the virtual inability to taste the alcohol..... amazing! I am so in for the next GB that goes down! Has anyone else tried it yet?

OMG!!! These have been calling me ever since they landed and I decided today was the day. I know I drank it too cold but this beer really is exceptional! Take this fwiw being that I'm so new to this, but this beer is incredible! The lacing, the smell, the virtual inability to taste the alcohol..... amazing! I am so in for the next GB that goes down! Has anyone else tried it yet?
Not yet...I've been waiting for an extra-special occasion. If the Birds pull out a win today I might just be swayed! Glad to hear it lives up to the hype.

Did you try any of those Marzens I sent?

Not yet...I've been waiting for an extra-special occasion. If the Birds pull out a win today I might just be swayed! Glad to hear it lives up to the hype.

Did you try any of those Marzens I sent?

I did. The only one I haven't tried yet is the Victory Festbier. The other two were pretty good. I think the Scratch 13 would've been great if the carbonation was a little higher. All in all very good though.

Back