• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Twins turned 3 months old

jshupp

Shout out to the wife for taking the pictures. Drop your best parenting advice, We're both first time parents.

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_134342_478.jpg
    IMG_20211121_134342_478.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211121_134342_502.jpg
    IMG_20211121_134342_502.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211121_134342_544.jpg
    IMG_20211121_134342_544.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 5
Best parenting advice I can give you , is enjoy and cherish every moment. The bad days as well as the good. They do NOT stay small long.
Agreed. You only expletive this once. Even if you have another batch of kids, the experience and dynamics are going to be different.

By expletive I think Jon means experience. HA! But yes I’m a 45 year old father again. I’ve forgotten all the things I “knew” I could remember with my oldest kids. With that, take many pictures and videos and write things down because if not. You’ll forget.

By expletive I think Jon means experience. HA! But yes I’m a 45 year old father again. I’ve forgotten all the things I “knew” I could remember with my oldest kids. With that, take many pictures and videos and write things down because if not. You’ll forget.
I could go edit it, but I like it the way it is. Funny how spell check selected that word.

Create a baby first aid kit and keep it well stocked. Get things such as dimethicone drops also known as gas drops for a sour belly and fever reducer like Tylenol. Glycerin suppositories, baby chest rub and soothing vapor bath. It's when you need these items at 3am and the store is closed you will be happy you have them. Life is hard with the little ones so plan ahead and you will be just fine.

Our oldest boy was a colic baby, he was always crying. We learned how to do baby yoga for gas and bought a auto swing to help him sleep. Both helped significantly with the babys distress.

You will come to realize once they get a bit older that "twin telepathy" really is a thing. My twins are 13 now, and when they were young (from about 1-3) they would look at each other mutter a few gibberish sounding things and be off in different directions. The real fun was trying to figure out which one was going to get into something, and which one was just the scape goat. They also still can feel when the other isn't right, whether it's being sick, or hurt when they aren't with each other.

Take lots of pictures/videos and remember they are learning just as much as you're learning while they are growing up. It's a great adventure!

Someone told me when my kids were young to get a notebook and write down all the funny shit they say/do so you can remember it. I never did, and wish I had.

Along those lines, go ahead and get two boxes of Cubans with your kids’ month and year stamped on the bottom. Go ahead and do it now while they plentiful and cheap. It won’t be so easy 5 years from now to do that.
I wish I did that way back when. Been trying for three years now and haven’t had any luck finding a box of anything October 2000, or a box of February 2004.

Enjoy them. The grow faster than a pile of ashes. Don't leave small things around, the first thing a baby will do is put it in its mouth. We once had to sift shit for a swallowed dime and green shit is horrible! Wish you wonderful experiences.

Someone told me when my kids were young to get a notebook and write down all the funny shit they say/do so you can remember it. I never did, and wish I had.

I heard something similar, but it was get the kid an email address and send them emails of things they did. Then when they're old enough give them the email address and password and let them read all the emails.

People always tell you that time flies, but you never understand until it’s too late. The days will seem long, but the years sure do fly by.

Before you get frustrated, nobody gives us a how to or instruction manual on being an adult and especially on being a parent. Do the best you can, with what you got. Make the best decisions for you and your family, not what everyone expects you to do. Be ok with making mistakes, there will be plenty of opportunities to learn from those mistakes and not make them again.

Also, be ok with family and friends helping. That’s a big struggle for me. Ask someone or accept help when someone wants to take your kids for an hour or four. Hell, pay for a sitter and go have a drink/dinner with your wife. It will make all the difference in the world.

Man, I could go on and on, but I’ll stop for now.

You will come to realize once they get a bit older that "twin telepathy" really is a thing. My twins are 13 now, and when they were young (from about 1-3) they would look at each other mutter a few gibberish sounding things and be off in different directions. The real fun was trying to figure out which one was going to get into something, and which one was just the scape goat. They also still can feel when the other isn't right, whether it's being sick, or hurt when they aren't with each other.

Take lots of pictures/videos and remember they are learning just as much as you're learning while they are growing up. It's a great adventure!
My sister has twins, she said after a bath one day she mixed them up and to this day does not know if they have the right names.